Add a new mb2 exclusive "cookie" to track users when they join your server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I've been working hard on some fun systems to make Open mode feel fresh again.
So far I've made a money system, bounties, items and quests that are live on |+| Templar Open (sponsored)

One of the complaints I get most is that my way of tracking users between sessions by using their IP is not reliable enough. This is because a good portion of my playerbase has dynamic IPs so they don't get to fully participate in my system.

My request is to have an mb2 exclusive cookie made that gets passed along with the userinfo string so I can more reliably track users between game sessions. Something like the ja_guid OpenJK provides but more ingrained into the MB2 mod. This would make my life so much easier and the gameplay experience of my players much better.

Q: Why don't you use ja_guid from OpenJK?
A: From my observations only 33-40% of my players have a ja_guid. I don't want to have to explain that you need to use OpenJK and turn ja_guid on for my systems to work.

Hi, I've been working hard on some fun systems to make Open mode feel fresh again.
So far I've made a money system, bounties, items and quests that are live on |+| Templar Open (sponsored)

One of the complaints I get most is that my way of tracking users between sessions by using their IP is not reliable enough. This is because a good portion of my playerbase has dynamic IPs so they don't get to fully participate in my system.

My request is to have an mb2 exclusive cookie made that gets passed along with the userinfo string so I can more reliably track users between game sessions. Something like the ja_guid OpenJK provides but more ingrained into the MB2 mod. This would make my life so much easier and the gameplay experience of my players much better.

A: From my observations only 33-40% of my players have a ja_guid. I don't want to have to explain that you need to use OpenJK and turn ja_guid on for my systems to work.
thanks babe, does this mean I wont start from 0 cr every day now, or do you need to be whipped/femdommed more to make that work?

100% support this if possible, keep up the great work Bully :D

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
Space in the userinfo string is extremely limited and anything that uniquely identifies a player that is added by MB2 would be hidden as much as possible to prevent impersonation.

Space in the userinfo string is extremely limited and anything that uniquely identifies a player that is added by MB2 would be hidden as much as possible to prevent impersonation.
So a (server) unique id like OpenJK is never going to happen?

Eazy E

Banned

The death of laming has finally arrived. Literally 1984.

It's over.

Is it not possible to implement a user account system? Lugormod at least had one.
Yes but it is not allowed under the current master server list ToS. It would get my server delisted. Besides I don't really want to lock people out of playing anyway.

Last edited:
So you want a tracker to insta kick or ban people you Hate for speaking out against you or to troll them back as they are about to get a kill and kick em out instead before their saber hits.

Yeah no bad for the game and attempting to give already power hungry loser admins on this game would be worse, that's why DN died hahahahahahahhaha.

Don't try to hide the true intentions. Make your own server it's that easy. Unfortunately there is a population server war on Both EU AND NA because the pop is so low which wouldn't even be a problem if the devs actually listened to the community and gave us what we want instead of catering to a small player base out of the already small player base, new players would actually stay and learn but unfortunately there isn't enough content in this game to keep new players wanting to stay and play without being forced server locked on shitter ping servers and abusive wannabe cop probably beat their wife and kids or spongebob pillow Otaku furry hentai GF roleplay teddybear admins

RIP mbii 2022

So you want a tracker to insta kick or ban people you Hate for speaking out against you or to troll them back as they are about to get a kill and kick em out instead before their saber hits.

Yeah no bad for the game and attempting to give already power hungry loser admins on this game would be worse, that's why DN died hahahahahahahhaha.

Don't try to hide the true intentions. Make your own server it's that easy. Unfortunately there is a population server war on Both EU AND NA because the pop is so low which wouldn't even be a problem if the devs actually listened to the community and gave us what we want instead of catering to a small player base out of the already small player base, new players would actually stay and learn but unfortunately there isn't enough content in this game to keep new players wanting to stay and play without being forced server locked on shitter ping servers and abusive wannabe cop probably beat their wife and kids or spongebob pillow Otaku furry hentai GF roleplay teddybear admins

RIP mbii 2022
I know you are not serious but for anyone that actually thinks this. It would be trivial to send no cookie at all or a new cookie each time you connect to a server. Saying this would allow server owners to track and insta kick unwilling participants is a non-argument

Status
Not open for further replies.