Boy Howdy I sure do like Movie Battles 2

Hello I just felt like saying hello because I am a new player and have been enjoying it for a bit now, but I mostly felt like making this post because of the way and reason I came to this game because I feel like that might be useful to the community if they are like... idk trying to keep the game likeable to new players or something I have no clue what you guys talk about it might be helpful or something.

So TF2 is in a shitty state right now, there are bots everywhere and I can't just mess around so for a few years I have been looking for an alternative and then out of nowhere I saw a video talking about Movie Battles 2, I got curious and saw how it is dumb fun and you can spam voicelines and yet it also has some deeper mechanics and I instantly went "mmhmm that is that good stuff oo yeah I am liking this". Believe it or not I don't care for or even like Star wars that much, I just tolerate the artstyle even, but it is still more appealing than the weird psuedo anime stuff most games do nowadays so by proxy that helped me enjoy the game more.

As of right now, I have found reasons to enjoy the game even IF TF2 got fixed which is that the core gunner gameplay with controlling movement to keep your aim steady and the way grenades work and even the melee system, on top of the fact it doesn't have a bunch of engineers building sentries or requiring me to play a medic class sometimes and stuff makes this game slap compared to everything else I have played. I feel like I can play play whatever class or even loadout I want most of the time.

The only things that I have issues with so far, which I imagine is just because I am bad, is that I have no clue how much force points my shots drain so I kind of just guess which feels like a minor clarity issue so my kills/deaths on jedi seem random and the fact that the map design seems hit or miss and range from Kamino which slaps to that map with the sarlac pit which makes me want to die.

I guess overall the point of this is to say like... I came here for the gameplay and the shenanigans not for the Starwars and I felt like maybe that could be useful information or something I am sure someone can use that.

Yeah I know who killed it he's messaging me right now but the Devs Removed my Post he has been doxxing everyone I Sus it is a guy named "Cum milk" because I instantly got a IP Stresser as soon as I kicked him lmfao
??? Nobody killed it, everyone just left lol.

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Yo, glad you like the ancient game. Ive been playing mb2 since 2006 and nothing so far has impressed me as much gameplay (and community) wise. I also played tf2 for couple years since arena mode reminded me of mb2 and I even found a fun community to play with (until it died),

for jedi vs gun play, you will get the feel eventually. Best way of learning is knowing your enemy: pick up sith / jedi with defense 2 and go get rekt.

If youre into learning the meta through sheer data, here are some statistics against def 2 jedi (which is the lvl of defense almost every jedi use and defense 3 only affects swingblocking*)

Moviebattles II Version 1.8 Released check the patch notes, there is a nice column of how different guns do different kind of fp damage depending if the jedi is running or jumping. There is only a few guns there since it only covers what was changed from last build. That list is the most updated one though

Moviebattles II V1.7.2 Released here is a bigger list with more guns but be sure to cross check the earlier list I posted since those were the updated ones for some of the guns.

*swingblocking: meaning jedi/sith is holding block while swinging their saber thus shooting only cancels their swing but lets them block the shot. defense 2 = 2x fp dmg from the shot while defense 3 only gets damaged the regular amount. Defense 1 takes a lot more fp damage but most dont use it except pseudo force whores like me.

Have fun

Yo, glad you like the ancient game. Ive been playing mb2 since 2006 and nothing so far has impressed me as much gameplay (and community) wise. I also played tf2 for couple years since arena mode reminded me of mb2 and I even found a fun community to play with (until it died),

for jedi vs gun play, you will get the feel eventually. Best way of learning is knowing your enemy: pick up sith / jedi with defense 2 and go get rekt.

If youre into learning the meta through sheer data, here are some statistics against def 2 jedi (which is the lvl of defense almost every jedi use and defense 3 only affects swingblocking*)

Moviebattles II Version 1.8 Released check the patch notes, there is a nice column of how different guns do different kind of fp damage depending if the jedi is running or jumping. There is only a few guns there since it only covers what was changed from last build. That list is the most updated one though

Moviebattles II V1.7.2 Released here is a bigger list with more guns but be sure to cross check the earlier list I posted since those were the updated ones for some of the guns.

*swingblocking: meaning jedi/sith is holding block while swinging their saber thus shooting only cancels their swing but lets them block the shot. defense 2 = 2x fp dmg from the shot while defense 3 only gets damaged the regular amount. Defense 1 takes a lot more fp damage but most dont use it except pseudo force whores like me.

Have fun
Well darn tootin that right here is a nice thing here. Thank you.