Remove whistle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

why was this added. just give 1 good reason that is legitamite. Why wud they sing teh theme song...whistle of all things....theey dont kno the theme song they r characters in the....i giveup. remove this bullshit. whoever cameup with this should be given 99 shots of covid vaccine. its clearly just trolling by some wannabe dev who is a dev. why else make it so loud and make it global so u can hear it fine so far away from the source. its some idiot on the team with a mic thinking they r funny. i'd love to say they r embarrasing themselves but there's nothing there to embarrass.

I have to agree here it's pretty cringe
Almost as funny as when they added slippery floor to dotf_classicB balcony (i lold very hard)

The Unguided

Movie Battles II Team
@Lee
Tell me one good reason why whistling is not fun but spamming voice chat or spamming taunts like "It's a trap", "I am the most powerful Jedi ever", " Take That" etc are fun.

Btw a friend of mine (Cooling) introduced this to me and I didn't find it this bothering at all.

Hessu

Internal Beta Team
@Lee
Tell me one good reason why whistling is not fun but spamming voice chat or spamming taunts like "It's a trap", "I am the most powerful Jedi ever", " Take That" etc are fun.

Btw a friend of mine (Cooling) introduced this to me and I didn't find it this bothering at all.
All spam gets annoying but whistling is just on another level, so loud and sharp sound

Lee

Infraction: Flaming / Harassment / Discrimination
Okay sit back. It will be an FA-only thing in next patch.
u should be removed from the dev team. u are an embarrassment. just sit down. Those other taunts? THEY ARE THINGS THE CHARACTERS ACTUALLY SAY IN THE FRANCHISE. THUS THE ENTIRE POINT OF TAUNTS TO BEGIN WITH!!! What fucking rock did u come up from under to be on this team? I can't even, I giveup. Might as well just add mario to open mode and add in random taunts from marvel or whatever bullshit sorry excuse for entertainment ppl like u think is good.

As I said. Wasn’t my idea. It got slipped in without much attention paid to it. Though I don’t think it’s such a big deal unlike our “friend” getting a heart attack over it.

Thanks for the time spent on improving the sound design of the characters.

The human ears are able to hear sounds up to 20kHz (roughly). Some people do have a higher range of heard frequency, (up to 25kHz). Aswell as a more perceived sense of its intensity (dB).
The ratio between the frequency and the intensity concerning the whistle, makes it not only intrusive, but almost painful if used too often (Or at all). This can only be felt that way, by some individuals, some more than others.

The idea is rather fun, I have to say. But sadly the reality of it being a problem for some, and for others, it is totally not a problem. Makes the whistle a true problem, which I hope will be solved.

The last thing, is indeed it's the Star Wars music, but game/sound design wise, I doubt this has its place in Open/FA/Legends mode. And like you mentioned in your last post, would be more accurate for a funny gamemode such as PB1/2 or any uMad content. (I do hope you will reduce its frequency)

I will only add two more 2 cents on the matter, by droping a Wikipedia link. Hyperacusis - Wikipedia
I do not imply that MB2 players suffer from this, but you should take this into consideration. There are many forms of ears sensitivity in the medical domain, and Hyperacusis is only the most "deadly". I linked this one so you have a general idea.

For those who wants to remove it without waiting, here is a little "How-To"

Open explorer, and navigate to GameData/MBII.
Locate the file "zz_MBModels.pk3" and open it with an archive software (Winzip, Winrar, preferably 7zip.)

Navigate to : "zz_MBModels.pk3\sound\chars\st1_eaw\misc\"
and delete both "victory2.mp3" and "victory3.mp3"

This will only delete the whistle, and not affect your game in any other way (Until they make a new patch, which will replace "zz_MBModels.pk3"
Usually the best way is to create a new .pk3. But this should do just fine this time for such a simple problem.

Karus

Donator

As I said. Wasn’t my idea. It got slipped in without much attention paid to it.
1631241566133.png

The Unguided

Movie Battles II Team
@Valkyrie
You're right about all of this. We already fixed it behind the curtain, now we only have to wait till the next patch which could be a hotfix but I cannot speak on behalf of other devs preparing the next update.

@KarusBadders
Which part of this you don't understand? There was an idea which I personally didn't mind. However it doesn't matter what I bother or not when decisions aren't made by one person but by a group of people and that group of people wasn't aware of this since there was no testing involved on this specific tiny matter. As a result there was no feedback nor discussions about it that led to this issue being part of the release. This was a miss, right. Nonetheless a minor thing. Get over it.

Last edited:

Karus

Donator
@Valkyrie
You're right about all of this. We already fixed it behind the curtain, now we only have to wait till the next patch which could be a hotfix but I cannot speak on behalf of other devs preparing the next update.

@KarusBadders
Which part of this you don't understand? There was an idea which I personally didn't mind. However it doesn't matter what I bother or not when decisions aren't made by one person but by a group of people and that group of people wasn't aware of this since there was no testing involved on this specific tiny matter. As a result there was no feedback nor discussions about it that led to this issue being part of the release. This was a miss, right. Nonetheless a minor thing. Get over it.
I wasn't even mad about the whistle shit, I just thought it was funny that you deflected the issue onto someone else. I don't give a shit that you made a mistake. I'm just laughing about it. Get over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.