Jump 3 should remove bp cost of jumping

This would make duals somewhat more interesting as it makes the battlefield more 3 dimensional instead of 2 dimensional when fighting the long dongs. Imagine all the cool maneuvers you could do without it deleting your bp pool because you did 1 backflip.

I am like jeesus christ, the pagans may not understand the way forward and frown upon me or mock me for bringing such forward thinking ideas to this mod, but I nonetheless will do the right thing, as that is the real measure of a man. How true to your ideals are you?

This would make duals somewhat more interesting as it makes the battlefield more 3 dimensional instead of 2 dimensional when fighting the long dongs. Imagine all the cool maneuvers you could do without it deleting your bp pool because you did 1 backflip.
To give a more polite denial of your idea, in many ways lightsaber duels in this game have parallels with 3D fighting arena games, and one of the things that make 3D fighting arena games a lot less competitive than 2D fighting games is that arena fighters offer too many defensive options. It doesn't succeed as a spectator esport because no one likes watching camping. Now while backflips are flashy and are cool in theory, you have to realize that blocking and force jumping are both defensive moves, so losing block points on force jumps is smart because it means you have to make a strategical choice what your defensive strategy will be. If you remove this trade-off, you end up with a force user that is almost impossible for another force user to kill if they effectively use force jumps and lightsaber blocks.

The reason you got backlash for this post is that no one wants force users to be even more campy and defensive than they already are capable of being.

To give a more polite denial of your idea, in many ways lightsaber duels in this game have parallels with 3D fighting arena games, and one of the things that make 3D fighting arena games a lot less competitive than 2D fighting games is that arena fighters offer too many defensive options. It doesn't succeed as a spectator esport because no one likes watching camping. Now while backflips are flashy and are cool in theory, you have to realize that blocking and force jumping are both defensive moves, so losing block points on force jumps is smart because it means you have to make a strategical choice what your defensive strategy will be. If you remove this trade-off, you end up with a force user that is almost impossible for another force user to kill if they effectively use force jumps and lightsaber blocks.

The reason you got backlash for this post is that no one wants force users to be even more campy and defensive than they already are capable of being.
Yes