MovieBattles II V1.7.0.2 Released

iwCSA26.png

V1.7.0.1A V1.7.0.2 Update

General
  • Fix: Addressed issue where selected points were not being fully applied to classes.
  • Fix: Player model RGB color should now be preserved during private duels.

Models
  • Fix: Bastilla holds lightsabers correctly again.

Maps
  • Change / Fix: mb2_deathstar
    • Fixed attacker spawn move logic so it cannot revert to detention.
    • Attacker spawn change triggers are now much closer to Falcon hangar.
    • Made it harder to fall outside new tube lift.
    • Gantry lift in Falcon hangar extends slightly higher to accommodate SBDs.
    • Fixed some minor visual issues and optimized a few things.
  • Fix: mb2_echobase
    • Adjusted Falcon clipping to block a spot players could fall inside.

UI
  • Change: Added a dozen color presets back to character model menu (shared by all RGB models).
  • Fix: Restored saber color number entry to hilt menus.

Changed Files ( Manual / Server Downloads )
Code:
--MBII
mb2_deathstar.pk3
mb2_echobase.pk3
MBAssets3.pk3
MBAssets4.pk3
zz_MBModels4.pk3
MBII.pk3
MBII_Mac.pk3
cgamei386.so
jampgamei386.so
jampgamei386.nopp.so
uii386.so

Changelog Legend
New - New feature or addition to the game.
Change - Changes to the game.
Fix - Bug fix.
Remove - Removed feature.
Feature - New feature name

iwCSA26.png

V1.7.0.1A V1.7.0.2 Update

General
  • Fix: Addressed issue where selected points were not being fully applied to classes.
  • Fix: Player model RGB color should now be preserved during private duels.

Models
  • Fix: Bastilla holds lightsabers correctly again.

Maps
  • Change / Fix: mb2_deathstar
    • Fixed attacker spawn move logic so it cannot revert to detention.
    • Attacker spawn change triggers are now much closer to Falcon hangar.
    • Made it harder to fall outside new tube lift.
    • Gantry lift in Falcon hangar extends slightly higher to accommodate SBDs.
    • Fixed some minor visual issues and optimized a few things.
  • Fix: mb2_echobase
    • Adjusted Falcon clipping to block a spot players could fall inside.

UI
  • Change: Added a dozen color presets back to character model menu (shared by all RGB models).
  • Fix: Restored saber color number entry to hilt menus.

Changed Files ( Manual / Server Downloads )
Code:
--MBII
mb2_deathstar.pk3
mb2_echobase.pk3
MBAssets3.pk3
MBAssets4.pk3
zz_MBModels4.pk3
MBII.pk3
MBII_Mac.pk3
cgamei386.so
jampgamei386.so
jampgamei386.nopp.so
uii386.so

Changelog Legend
New - New feature or addition to the game.
Change - Changes to the game.
Fix - Bug fix.
Remove - Removed feature.
Feature - New feature name
Nice, will test and give some feedback.

Alright heres my feedback

> Thank you @Tempest for fixing RGB in Private duels
> I haven't got any classbugs yet but I heard someone reporting it still happening (Unconfirmed)
> As for the Conference Room change where it randomly spawns rebs around inside the conference room, spawn killing still happens
and nothing has changed in that area. Revert it back to its older spawn please.
> Thanks for restoring the Saber Color number option and restoring character RGB options.

Still need time to adjust to the new UI and it is incredibly weird for me, but I guess thats normal. Still hoping for Tempests Build to open beta and release officially :)

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
When you select your class, the first thing it should show you is your build presets...not your model.

Spaghetti responded to you about this directly in the other thread, it will be changed. Not sure what the point is to bringing it up again.

It's the same number of clicks at worst (as discussed in this poorly named thread) and fewer for many common operations. Remember you no longer have to click okay to lock in team/class/model before even setting points. Also mentioned in that thread is it is possible it will be made an option to have build templates instead of model viewer as the default shown, so that would guarantee fewer clicks.

D

Deleted member 8306

Alright heres my feedback

> Thank you @Tempest for fixing RGB in Private duels
> I haven't got any classbugs yet but I heard someone reporting it still happening (Unconfirmed)
> As for the Conference Room change where it randomly spawns rebs around inside the conference room, spawn killing still happens
and nothing has changed in that area. Revert it back to its older spawn please.
> Thanks for restoring the Saber Color number option and restoring character RGB options.

Still need time to adjust to the new UI and it is incredibly weird for me, but I guess thats normal. Still hoping for Tempests Build to open beta and release officially :)

pretty much the same here with the class bug. unfortunate it made it through testing, but it looks like the worst of it is fixed now. thanks for the quick fix on this one

i havent seen anything egregious with the conference room spawns yet.

saber colors number and RGB are good fixes, UI still needs a little more work.

Spaghetti responded to you about this directly in the other thread, it will be changed. Not sure what the point is to bringing it up again.

I'm going to be bringing it up until its actually changed as that seems to be the only way to bring about change. "it is possible it will be made an option" implies that it's a change that "might" happen in the future whenever that is. If we look at the previous updates for this mod, its taken a month or more to push simple fixes out as they're being bundled with other things.

Additionally, some of the devs keep responding with "It's fewer clicks" and "you just need to get used to it" in both these forums and in some of the discords. But, it's clearly not since when using the previous UI, it did take you straight to your build presets. To me, these statements sound like some of the devs just want to leave it as is.

Also, the yellow stance in the light up icons is still backwards in comparison to the fast and strong stances.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I'm going to be bringing it up until its actually changed as that seems to be the only way to bring about change. "it is possible it will be made an option" implies that it's a change that "might" happen in the future whenever that is. If we look at the previous updates for this mod, its taken a month or more to push simple fixes out as they're being bundled with other things.

Annoying us is not what to do. It would have already been in this hotfix if I didn't have to help with someone elses wedding stuff immediately after releasing 1.7. The possible being an option thing is in regards to being a choice which one to chose from, not in regard to what will be default. Cause I can make the change, while not giving the option to have current for example.

Also if it really bothers you and you don't want to wait, go change instances where the menu tries to

Code:
close            mb_class_templates
open            ingame_siegeclass_open_model
open            mb_stats_common

in the mb_ingame_join_open_classes_xxxx menus and invert the open and close parts.

Additionally, some of the devs keep responding with "It's fewer clicks" and "you just need to get used to it" in both these forums and in some of the discords. But, it's clearly not since when using the previous UI, it did take you straight to your build presets. To me, these statements sound like some of the devs just want to leave it as is.

We proved it is less clicks or equal clicks in the other thread even with it doing that. Read. Also it does take you straight to your presets if you use class config key.

Also, the yellow stance in the light up icons is still backwards in comparison to the fast and strong stances.

That is intentional. However, that entire indicator is extremely inaccurate anyway. If you change your hilt type for example it screws up the indicator. If it really bothers people I can change it.

Last edited:

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
I picked that phrasing specifically because there are no guarantees on anything being released until it is released. And a month or two for something that is not a fix (current behavior is not a bug and usability is not reduced compared to prior releases) is hardly a problem.

Personally I think it could be left as is and it would be fine. You deciding to ignore facts does not make the situation any different, no matter how much it is repeated. The number of people that can't count to 7 is astonishing though. Do I need to make a comparison video, or would you just ignore that too?