RolePlay Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
So you mean to tell me that even in this thread where people are requesting more RP related features than you think is needed, that timer is the only one actually necessary and we won't have demands in the future for more? "The issue is done and dusted" Spare me.

Not to mention that you damn well know that the timelimit unlocking was a bug. Just look at the original release of movie battles 1, you will see the g_timelimit cvar which limited the time between 2-4 minutes. We are currently 3-5, with duel mode being the exception.

No. I'm saying that if you fix the timer issue you can henceforth ignore the roleplayers. It's extremely simple. People who roleplay get fucked by the constantly restarting timer. That is the main issue. They can deal with the rest using FA, admin etc. It is completely irrelevant whether or not it was a bug to begin with. Dueling mode having a 15 min timer is not a bug. You can expand the max timer for FA to 60 min and then ignore RP demands from then on. It costs you nothing, you lose nothing, and the ppl who want to RP gain the ability to do so with MBII (More players in MBII seems like a good deal to me.) It's completely illogical to think that if you allow ppl to have 60 min timers in FA, you have to be their RP bitch and develop an entire RP game mode for them. A complete non sequitur.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Dude, you seriously keep calling things illogical, and using some phrases like non sequitur as if you know what they mean or what even goes on. Just stop.

How many times have we had to keep changing the saber system due to people like you just saying "oh little tweaks, then itll be done". Every time we give an inch, people like you want a mile, and just mask it as an inch. Its happened so many fucking times I can't even count on my fingers anymore, and you want me to believe that is the ONLY thing that needs to be done, and we can then ignore all the rest of the things people will want after? This is why you don't get anywhere when talking to the development team and fail to convince us to do this "simple little thing". You don't bother to see the full picture and continue to be willfully ignorant/deliberately obtuse, while calling us the illogical ones. What you believe will be enough will not match the needs/wants of others and you are completely self centered for thinking as such. The evidence is already in this thread that your needs/wants are not the only ones, but keep ignoring it and see how far it gets you.

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
hey sev, it takes as much effort to use a different mod/game than for devs to implement an unlimited time limit. Only thing is one doesn't disrupt the rest of the entire community and how they want to play. I'll leave you to guess which is which

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
Dude, you seriously keep calling things illogical, and using some phrases like non sequitur as if you know what they mean or what even goes on. Just stop.

How many times have we had to keep changing the saber system due to people like you just saying "oh little tweaks, then itll be done". Every time we give an inch, people like you want a mile, and just mask it as an inch. Its happened so many fucking times I can't even count on my fingers anymore, and you want me to believe that is the ONLY thing that needs to be done, and we can then ignore all the rest of the things people will want after? This is why you don't get anywhere when talking to the development team and fail to convince us to do this "simple little thing". You don't bother to see the full picture and continue to be willfully ignorant/deliberately obtuse, while calling us the illogical ones. What you believe will be enough will not match the needs/wants of others and you are completely self centered for thinking as such. The evidence is already in this thread that your needs/wants are not the only ones, but keep ignoring it and see how far it gets you.

Lol. I guess I shouldn't have expected anything less from you than an irrelevant diversion and a personal attack that amounts to nothing but unfounded smears, instead of just answering the obvious flaw in your non-argument and seceding the point. Worthless to respond to as usual so let's leave it there.

hey sev, it takes as much effort to use a different mod/game than for devs to implement an unlimited time limit. Only thing is one doesn't disrupt the rest of the entire community and how they want to play. I'll leave you to guess which is which

I find it hilarious that you think having an uncapped time limit on the FA game mode is going to have any real impact on the game outside of roleplaying and changing 1 line of code is not very hard, especially when there is already a precedent for longer game modes such as dueling. There is literally no good reason not to implement the uncapped time limit.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Lol. I guess I shouldn't have expected anything less from you than an irrelevant diversion and a personal attack that amounts to nothing but unfounded smears,

Saying things that have actually happened, even in this thread, is an unfounded smear and somehow irrelevant? This is why you aren't getting anywhere with us.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I almost want Mace to do it, just so I can quote his post in 8 weeks when someone in the next thread asks for unlimited points for FA or something.

People seem to forget the FFA server that we had to ban from the master server because it used modified binaries. Some of the things that server did was increase the time limit, and increase the number of points available in open mode. Why did the FFA Hangout server disappear? Pole on server side modifications We already had this whole shit show over this, and people cared about more features of that server than just the time limit being removed. Its all happened already. Not to mention it being bugged and wanting some of the issues to be fixed by us.

7cdcbf99e291aa215ddc77ef0d589e4d.png

But I have my examples.

c5957b3d1f560ac18203ce3146abec2c.png

d5836c9f411c129ee63c3aa8db9009f6.png

Its obvious to me that certain people continue to want to be disingenuous one-track-mind types, but its especially ironic when that person responds to a thread of a person who is quitting the game, giving us feedback, but some of that feedback involves the actions of the community. Actions where instead of playing the game, they would goof off and take things not seriously. While commenting:

Community problems have to be fixed primarily by the community itself. It cannot be left up to the devs. Devs should be primarily concerned with improving the game, and doing their dev things. If the community is shit, change needs to come from within the community.

This is exactly what we are doing, improving the game. Improving the game includes keeping it focused on the modes we have, and want to expand to. It also means denying features that wont meet that end goal. If the community is bad, and constantly goofs off, time wastes, doesn't play the objective, etc. Where will it go when servers can have unlimited points, unlimited timelimit, etc? Its exactly why other large mods in JKA are a good thing to have. To give people with different interests something else, while we focus on our core.

D

Deleted member 8306

This is exactly what we are doing, improving the game. Improving the game includes

*breaks speed lunge*
*adds 400 new hilts*
*removes whitesaber*
*removes the grenade and rifle from ns_streets*
*gives wooks a useless gunbash*
*doesnt release tempests build*
*ignores half the entire playerbase quitting the game*
*turns saber combat into interrupt spam and turtling*

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
*breaks speed lunge*

Getting fixed

*adds 400 new hilts*

That is not an improvement?

*removes whitesaber*

Was never accessible via normal UI, and was meant for developers to have something unique for their hard work, or to confirm identity when questions were asked. Community took that away because they decided to use it irresponsibly by spamming it and blurring IFF causing confusion for general play.

*removes the grenade and rifle from ns_streets*

Community member made map, not developers.

*gives wooks a useless gunbash*

That is an opinion. Others even want gunbash added to more classes.

*doesnt release tempests build*

Still scheduled for possible release, potentially by end of year. Just because things are not on your timeline, doesn't mean we aren't working on it.

*ignores half the entire playerbase quitting the game*

Do you have some actual statistics for that? We are 700 more people playing in the last month than this time last year, and playerbase has always played in waves centered around new SW content, may the 4th, etc. This happens with many games.

Here is Warframe's last year. The peaks are ~100k players, the valleys are ~50k concurrent players.

fb9cbf5a64d6291df69e799a7112c8ec.png

*turns saber combat into interrupt spam and turtling*

See tempest saber build note.

Last edited:
Mace, I was an admin at Legay RP and lead mapper and senior developer for Legacy RP Mod.

Feature creep derailed a lot of our goals and echo chambers made those goals unclear.

I empathize with your situation.

To SeV, as a roleplayer, I would love a dedicated mode for it in mb2. I also intimately know what that requires, and it requires, in my experience, far more than what you've asked for. Much more.

Have you considered convincing Tempest and Mace to seek out and find a brand new dev tasked solely on rp? Using his or her own timetables and codes separate from the current team?

Compromise is difficult, and while I don't see why OJP or JKG can't be made to more closely emulate mb2 saber combat, another dev might take the brunt of the echo chamber for the current team...

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Have you considered convincing Tempest and Mace to seek out and find a brand new dev tasked solely on rp? Using his or her own timetables and codes separate from the current team?

There was some talk a while ago, about a separate mod being based on mb2s code, that would go into RP, and allow a lot more freedom. But that was the point, a separate mod that would not interfere with mb2 and given a new Movie Battles: Blah type name. However, like I said, what also is the point when JKG and stuff already exist?

Mace none of what you said countered SeV's point in the slightest. Half the reason why people keep asking 'more' of you all is because you never listen to us in the first place, as SeV said if you offer the RP'ers the bare minimum requirements and they'll leave you alone. If they ask for more RP features you can say no all you want, but you all are in denial because of this outdated idea that MBII is supposed to be a 'competitive' game. Nobody is going to start running leagues on MB2 and actually make it competitive, the best you're ever going to get is clan v clan $100 prize pool games hosted by the community. You could actually bring more people to the mod and cater to a wider audience of people by, as Sev said, fixing the round timer and in my opinion adding a proximity voice chat which has been implemented in several other mods.

Or you can continue to ignore the community, which you're so very good at

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
as SeV said if you offer the RP'ers the bare minimum requirements and they'll leave you alone.

You say my post doesn't counter, but then you go and do this, while wanting a secondary feature that is above sev's bare minimum???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? You just made my head explode with how stupid you sound.

but you all are in denial because of this outdated idea that MBII is supposed to be a 'competitive' game. Nobody is going to start running leagues on MB2 and actually make it competitive

You're missing a term here, and that term is E-SPORT. We are a competitive game, just like almost every FPS in existence is. However, we are more competitive than many FPS titles due to the addition of things like objectives, and classes. We are not trying to be an e-sport.

You could actually bring more people to the mod and cater to a wider audience of people by

Maybe you should try those other mods, help them grow, and prove to us how wrong we are, by killing our mod by starving it of popularity if you're so right.

Status
Not open for further replies.