Chances for new classes in Open mode?

Long time fan first time poster. I was just wondering what the chances are of new classes being added? I have some ideas, don't we all, but there seems to be a lot of fun ideas in some of the FA senarios that it almost seems like Open should be crawling with more options and classes.

Here's a simple one. Maybe a deticated "Forcewhore" class called Nightsister Witch for imps and Force Adept for rebs. Faster recharge on force, some of those crazier powers from FA, but only a normal stick for melee that can't even block blasters.
Maybe a deticated melee class that punches things called Teräs Käsi Master. Everyone loves them melee fist system, build an entire class around it thats not Wookiee.
Add shotguns. I would love to go into more details, but are the devs even considering the idea?

If cloak is just a temporary invisibility for doing sneak attacks, how does it differ from MT jedi gameplay in any way? I think a problem with people asking for new classes is that they're mostly just slapping together ideas from other classes to create a Frankenstein's monster that has no clear purpose for the gameplay other than how 'cool it would be'.

Creating a new class, or classes rather, for MBII is difficult because it would have a huge impact on gameplay. A new class possibly requires a counterpart on the opposing faction(s) depending on the lore context too. I think before creating a new class, the first question should be: 'what does the game need' rather than 'how do we make this thing fit into the game'.

Bob-Billy

KotOR Mapper & Cultist
Movie Battles II Team
If having new classes is a problem then why not add more abilities/choices in the "tree skills" , it would motivate players to get a unique playstyle

That's one way to go around it. Adding more abilities, weapons, etc. to existing classes to improve general gameplay.. It's not like the ARCs always had the M5 rifle either, for example.

If cloak is just a temporary invisibility for doing sneak attacks, how does it differ from MT jedi gameplay in any way? I think a problem with people asking for new classes is that they're mostly just slapping together ideas from other classes to create a Frankenstein's monster that has no clear purpose for the gameplay other than how 'cool it would be'.

Creating a new class, or classes rather, for MBII is difficult because it would have a huge impact on gameplay. A new class possibly requires a counterpart on the opposing faction(s) depending on the lore context too. I think before creating a new class, the first question should be: 'what does the game need' rather than 'how do we make this thing fit into the game'.

I agree that was my biggest issue with that guy's stealth class idea, it overlaps way too much with Jedi's roles. I think this could be slightly accounted for if the stealth class was exclusively an Imp class considering Sith cant use mind trick. But even then it would probably make more sense to just give Sith a mind power instead of inventing a new class.

The Unguided

Movie Battles II Team
I think a problem with people asking for new classes is that they're mostly just slapping together ideas from other classes to create a Frankenstein's monster that has no clear purpose for the gameplay other than how 'cool it would be'.

You got me with that. Although perhaps it's because even current classes have overlapping characteristics, Soldier and Elite Trooper/Commander could be one class just with more difficulty when setting the points. Same applies to Clone and ARC Trooper if you ask me. When you think about it, there are already similarly overlapping stuff just to make the gameplay more colorful - considering how many type of grenades you can choose from - yet they're fun to play.
Personally, I always felt the extra abilities we have are so few, especially force powers. I mean look at KotOR and the Star Wars lore in general. There are so many things out there to work with, to test, to wonder about.

Don't get me wrong I don't mean to force new classes into the game for no reason but since the topic is about potential new classes, feel free to brainstorm.

Agree on sold and et/comm. They could probably be combined if the amount of lives simply changed how much HP, armor and speed they have. ARCs and Clones are still very different kinds of classes. The main similarities between them outside of appearance/lore stuff is stamina and EMP. Outside that even the playstyle with them is completely different, with Clones being a much more straightforward heavy gunner with support options, while ARCs can be played in more different ways. If this wasn't Star Wars but some other sci-fi game with the same gameplay, clones and ARCs wouldn't be seen as similar.

I'd for one like a medic class. It really is comical that you can use medic commands in-game but there's no medic class or healing aside from the ability when you play Hero.

I would have no clue how to balance it though, and trying to balance it would be the most difficult part. It would either be the most gimmicky thing in the entirety of mb2, useless meme item/ability or extremely overpowered.

The Unguided

Movie Battles II Team
I'd for one like a medic class. It really is comical that you can use medic commands in-game but there's no medic class or healing aside from the ability when you play Hero.

I would have no clue how to balance it though, and trying to balance it would be the most difficult part. It would either be the most gimmicky thing in the entirety of mb2, useless meme item/ability or extremely overpowered.

Minor healing is like if it wasn't even there while significant healing would be instantly imbalanced.

Add shotguns to Arcs!

Just wanted to point out that FA has lots of lovely ideas already implemented, and moving them move to open shouldn't be so hard. If they wanted too.

Last edited:
Long time fan first time poster. I was just wondering what the chances are of new classes being added? I have some ideas, don't we all, but there seems to be a lot of fun ideas in some of the FA senarios that it almost seems like Open should be crawling with more options and classes.

Here's a simple one. Maybe a deticated "Forcewhore" class called Nightsister Witch for imps and Force Adept for rebs. Faster recharge on force, some of those crazier powers from FA, but only a normal stick for melee that can't even block blasters.
Maybe a deticated melee class that punches things called Teräs Käsi Master. Everyone loves them melee fist system, build an entire class around it thats not Wookiee.
Add shotguns. I would love to go into more details, but are the devs even considering the idea?
Forget writing on forums, Most people will make fun of you for them, like they do me ;(

I think before creating a new class, the first question should be: 'what does the game need' rather than 'how do we make this thing fit into the game'.
What does the game actually need at the moment, what are the big problems or 'missing areas' in Rebs/Imps

dedicated glass cannon sniper class for rebs so hero can have proj taken away and become front line gunner
melee/gunner enforcer class for imps

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
its probably very unlikely that new classes will be added, especially ones with similar aspects to others

dedicated glass cannon sniper class for rebs so hero can have proj taken away and become front line gunner
melee/gunner enforcer class for imps
For imps you could have something like a commando droid maybe?

With vibroblade/shiv/something similar from FA classes, basic gun like e-11 (droid version) + maybe a shotgun option if it's balanced well
Dex levels 1-3, maybe a cortosis/magnetic plating option but pointed so you would trade mobility (dex) for survivability (cortosis/magnetic plate)
Armour levels 1-3, Ammo levels 1-3

Melee Mando

Internal Beta Team
For imps you could have something like a commando droid maybe?

With vibroblade/shiv/something similar from FA classes, basic gun like e-11 (droid version) + maybe a shotgun option if it's balanced well
Dex levels 1-3, maybe a cortosis/magnetic plating option but pointed so you would trade mobility (dex) for survivability (cortosis/magnetic plate)
Armour levels 1-3, Ammo levels 1-3

Could also throw in Magnaguard model and give em an option for the zappy staff.

Wicket369

Banned
I heard that Astromechs will be coming to Republic side and Guard ( had different name ) to CIS side. Don't know if anything changed.

I heard that Astromechs will be coming to Republic side and Guard ( had different name ) to CIS side. Don't know if anything changed.
astromech? sounds like a fucking meme unless it's like the KOTOR droids which could be interesting