•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue MB2 randomly crashes

at random times when i play MB2 the game will just close as if i've manually closed it or typed /quit. additionally, the brightness of my game (i think) seems to transfer over to my desktop, resulting in slightly whiter colors. for example, discord goes from a dark gray to a slightly lighter color of gray, and my PC is only restored to normal colors upon restarting my PC. any help is appreciated k thnx

That happens to me every now and then (where the brightness sticks). It seems to happen when the system has to terminate the program rather than you doing '/q'. It's as if someone pulled the plug on it all of a sudden and it didn't have time to clean up so your screen brightness doesn't get reverted. I also think I fix it by going in task manager and ending the JAMP task that may still be running in the background.

MB2 at this point is like an old ass car. Sometimes you gotta turn the engine a bunch of times before it turns on. Sometimes it won't turn on and you just gotta leave it be for a bit. Sometimes it works like a dream.

Like recently after the new update I can't run the game on the JAMP engine anymore. Even after a completely fresh MB2 AND JKA install. Fuckin beats me, probably some driver or something. Luckily, OpenJK engine works just fine with no issues (even tho I hate not being able to type '/q, /sens' etc) so I suggest trying that.

I get those exact issues and the shit works so intermittently I often forget how to remedy them.

That happens to me every now and then (where the brightness sticks). It seems to happen when the system has to terminate the program rather than you doing '/q'. It's as if someone pulled the plug on it all of a sudden and it didn't have time to clean up so your screen brightness doesn't get reverted. I also think I fix it by going in task manager and ending the JAMP task that may still be running in the background.

MB2 at this point is like an old ass car. Sometimes you gotta turn the engine a bunch of times before it turns on. Sometimes it won't turn on and you just gotta leave it be for a bit. Sometimes it works like a dream.

Like recently after the new update I can't run the game on the JAMP engine anymore. Even after a completely fresh MB2 AND JKA install. Fuckin beats me, probably some driver or something. Luckily, OpenJK engine works just fine with no issues (even tho I hate not being able to type '/q, /sens' etc) so I suggest trying that.

I get those exact issues and the shit works so intermittently I often forget how to remedy them.
jokes on you i've been using OpenJK for like 7 years

also, another person said disabling ragdoll might work, as SBD's dying will often crash the game given it doesn't have ragdoll physics or something. i disabled my ragdoll and the game so far has ran with no crashes

jokes on you i've been using OpenJK for like 7 years

also, another person said disabling ragdoll might work, as SBD's dying will often crash the game given it doesn't have ragdoll physics or something. i disabled my ragdoll and the game so far has ran with no crashes
LOL just realized this was happening to me too.

Same problem...

Attachments

• crash_log_2020-06-23_23-36-06.log
    2.1 KB · Views: 227
  • crash_log_2020-06-25_14-21-24.log
    2.1 KB · Views: 198
  • crash_log_2020-06-26_23-47-40.log
    2.1 KB · Views: 202
  • crash_log_2020-07-01_14-20-24.log
    2.1 KB · Views: 207
  • crash_log_2020-07-01_14-42-29.log
    2.1 KB · Views: 203