1.6 Feedback

Hexodious

Movie Battles II Team
I've only played legends at the moment and I love it. FA with consistent characters across maps is a great idea.

R2D2 feedback specifically since I've been playing it loads:
- Remove the ability to melee (Replace it with a stunbaton shock or an e-11 rank 1).
- Give it flamethrower, weapon swap will allow it to toggle with wrist laser for burst with e-11 rank 1.
- Give it Knockdown immunity, with with a slowed movement effect instead (or an animation for knockdown).
- Make jetpack fx play on every jump, and allow this to negate fall damage if used mid air (or remove fall damage).

Sniper Rifles:
- Low body shot damage is good.... BUT!
- Headshots should one hit kill regardlress, increase headshot modifier!

I'll have more feedback later as I haven't played much yet.

Edit: Merry Xmas

Last edited:
Going back to my original post from the 1.6 release thread;
So after playing for roughly an hour and a bit:
  • The new UI is absolutely gorgeous, I commend the amount of customization we get included with it & just how clean, modern and overall better it looks.
  • New Citadel map looks great and is actually fun to play on.
  • The new mode is interesting, Grievous' 4 arms cracked me up upon first glance.
  • Balcony DOTF is back which is absolute top dollar (so I've heard anyway).
  • Private duels are an absolute God-send. No more "I have shit FPS" excuses or outside interference. My only complaint thus far is how spectating players are somehow able to lock duelists in place..? Tedious and annoying as fuck, hope it's fixed soon.
  • New hilts and models look fantastic, personally I am a big fan of Cal's staff hilt.
  • Saber v Gunner is soo much better, fuck flinch.
Obviously I didn't list much as I've only spent a limited amount of time playing. However, judging from not only my own highlights but everyone else's on the MBII Discord and in-game, this patch is great. Developers and testers delivered and I'm overly satisfied. Thanks guis x

Truly the merriest Christmas I've had in a while... xdD

Everything I have previously said still stands, however this time with much more time put into the game. Disclaimer: I'm aware most bugs have been mentioned and there's a patch coming soon to fix (hopefully) many of them. However, this is a feedback thread and I intend to provide my own input on 1.6.

Balcony DotF... What a shambles for what was clearly meant to be a little "ha ha" for us all. Waste of time even bringing this up because the stale, boring, grudges of MBII can't take a joke.

I absolutely adore private duels! Being able to 1v1 anybody on max FPS with no interru-... What's that... People can bug you in one place & you have no way of escaping? You die instantly if someone who is already in a private duel cancels their duel in proximity of you regardless if you're in or out of your own private duel? People can force speed into you and you just... Drop dead?
Yeah... I do absolutely fucking love the idea of private duels but... This is a mess. If I'm not being lamed, I'm being blown up into a pile of gore(?) every time I try and duel. A very unique and frustrating bug, I do pray this is fixed in the next patch because it's an amazing function which is unfortunately a massive mess right now.

Flinch is gone! WHEEY!! But what the Hell is knockback? Why is it sometimes the enemy (or myself) aren't knocked back at all despite shooting (or being shot) in the upper body and other times they're (or I'm) blew over to the bloody spirit realm of Star Wars? Really inconsistent and it reminds me of WoW's RNG system. However, I heard this was being worked on so I'm really happy to hear about that. Overall, open for playing as and against gunners is a step in the right direction (for me personally (aside from what I'm about to write below...))

"Change: Projectile Rifle Base damage reduced from 150 to 100. Change: EE3 Sniper base damage reduced from 100 to 60."
hahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahah
Can't even punish a foolish tank Jedi / Sith anymore due to their 20% knockdown damage reduction with a proj or EE3. 20 shots to kill a wookiee xd.

You can play ANY other game and it will take you approximately .5s to realise that snipers are, by design, 1-hit KO long ranged weaponry.

Before people start complaining that it's "brainless", yes. They are. You're a sniper. It's your job to look down a scope for X minutes until someone slips up and evidently gets themselves killed. This nerf is bullshit.
Yeah, revert this.

I know this post looks like I'm bitching but... I'm not. I'm simply pointing out my feedback for 1.6 & in conclusion... It's great. I am really loving open, I've played it every day since 1.6 launched (aside from hero & I've taken up disruptor for BH... Good weapon) and dueling, albeit minor changes has really improved. No more side-kick stun spams with mindless 4 hit combos. The downward spam is questionable but I guess that just takes a little getting used to (fuck off Pelmenu). All in all, I stick to my original statement that I'm overly satisfied with what the entire MBII team have delivered and it's a great patch. I just pray that the issues I and numerous others have addressed will be resolved ASAP.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
There should be a standard bind layout so newbies going through the tutorial don't have to use the jank default binds.

We updated the default binds config to deal with this.

Change: Updated default keybind file (mpdefault.cfg).

Its a pretty standard, much less jank configuration. However if you had a config before this, it doesn't work. I believe one of the issues with it getting auto replaced with the basejka config was fixed as well with this release.

Disclaimer: I'm aware most bugs have been mentioned and there's a patch coming soon to fix (hopefully) many of them.

Yep it is coming. Still a few critical bugs we want to fix first but a ton have already been fixed.

Changelog in 2028:
  • Projectile Rifle: base damage reduced from 100 to 1.
  • EE-3: Sniper base damage reduced from 60 to 1

Changelog in 2031:
  • Projectile Rifle - Removed
  • EE-3 - Removed
Changelog in 2042:
  • Hero - Removed
  • BH - Removed
  • Mando - Removed

They just killed two (possibly 3) classes with highest skill ceiling in the game, very well done. Mando has officialy became the most garbage class in the game. Every troll and noob is in ecstasy and feels out of body joy experience at the moment thanks to this great decision. They can now run around in the open spraying their hitscan blasters and not worry to get one shot killed. Peeking out and 1 snipe shootings to take enemy down is gone forever. No reward granted for being a good aimer anymore. I believe it's time to fully abuse T-21/dodge ET now. No other choice. Play everything you're good at untill it's taken away by one or two devs and cry spam on forums by 1 day noobs. And then when next thing you switch to gets nerfed too you will see the game is left with nothing in the end.
I'm glad ruptor lvl 1 haven't been touched yet, but that's probably only because they haven't seen Arko using it. Also thanks for not increasing overall projectile speed by additional 300%., devs. Oh and good job at not fixing Deka roll bug for like idk, 5 years?

I really appreciate the effort they put into bringing more content and stuff but the general gameplay decisions are just horrible, to say the least. Most fun aspect of the game is being destroyed infront of our eyes. It's 4th time they nerfed Proj rifle I think. What was wrong about it? Little kids can't take one snipe each time they are not smart enough and stand out in the open? They are so stupid they fail to fix their mistakes so they go cry on forums instead? Somehow no vet player (at least I didn't hear of any) ever complained about sniper rifles being op'd. Not a single one. Why not you would ask? Because they have actually put some time and learned how to avoid it. They know where and when to expect it. They didn't go on forums asking to nerf it, they LEARNED on their OWN. Apparently some newbies are just too lazy and prefer to force devs in re-making the game to suit their needs instead trying to adapt. Sad times when everything around you gets noobified. I'm okay with making the game newbie-friendly just not retard-friendly.
Proj nerf aside (stupid as it is) it's nothing compared to EE-3 nerf. This is just hilarious, you can't kill ANY class even when you hs them (except of sold), lmao. Like, really? What for is this snipe mode now then? There's no point getting EE-3 lvl 3 any longer. Mando made huge difference on the battlefield if it was in a good hands, you could insta push rebs away by pressuring them hard if you aimed well, they respected it and retreated, forced into rethinking their strategy rather than silly +W rush at you. Now they gonna tank the "very dangerous" 60 base dmg on the chest, laugh at you on the way and spraying their hitscan guns at the same time, where two random blasts can easily deal far more than 60 dmg of my EE-3 snipe. Completely ridiculous.

This is second the worst change of this update. And I'm not talking about wrist laser specifically, it affects every weapon. All guns in the game were generally centered, now it feels as if you are aiming from over your right shoulder or something in 3rd person, it's really strange, at least to me. If you are to make such change you need to make sure it's at least optional and people can turn it on or off. It's extra difficult when using EE-3 primary mode, as you have to take two corrections under consideration when shooting now, the basic spread and the "right side" muzzle point. I really wish guns were centered back, this is awfulfy bad.
Nex is exactly right and I wish someone had thought about this before the balance changes were finalized. Add to this the SBD slap nerf and you've really hit every anti-saber class in the nuts, hard. Except perhaps Wookie but it seems fairly balanced to me. Watch out for Wook nerf next month and removing cortosis.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Nex is exactly right and I wish someone had thought about this before the balance changes were finalized.

Sometimes there is a bigger picture at play. We did think about this. There is a reason knockback came with it, and FP drain, and other changes are scheduled for the near future. Just because we didn't get everything right immediately doesn't mean we aren't thinking about certain things, or aren't working on it. Things WILL change. Assuming malice or incompetence isn't helpful.

Sometimes there is a bigger picture at play. We did think about this. There is a reason knockback came with it, and FP drain, and other changes are scheduled for the near future. Just because we didn't get everything right immediately doesn't mean we aren't thinking about certain things, or aren't working on it. Things WILL change. Assuming malice or incompetence isn't helpful.
If you want my goodwill you're going to have to demonstrate some contrition for these mistakes and correct them. Until then I will continue to assume malice and incompetence. Prove me wrong, I want to pleasantly surprised.

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
Ronin said:
You can play ANY other game and it will take you approximately .5s to realise that snipers are, by design, 1-hit KO long ranged weaponry.
Except I haven't seen anyone in the community who also wants the limitations that other games have for snipers...MUCH less ammo, not being able to stay in scope when you get shot, them being limited to how many people can use them, limiting what else you can have with them, being bad at close quarters, etc. Everyone just wants them to be super strong with none of the potential drawbacks.

The one thing that has been consistently complained about for snipers is what's been dealt with (aside from FP drains which, as mentioned, are getting addressed after the hotfix).

Edit:
Before anyone says anything, yes disruptor still hasn't been touched but that's still on the list with the rest of gameplay stuff.

Last edited:

SomeGuy

Donator
Internal Beta Team
Legends is a cool fun new mode, feels a bit more Star Warsy having characters with a matching thematic loadout. Only issue I kept seeing was that what the loadout says and what you actually get don't match for many characters. I didn't go through and try every one but most I did use had something labeled wrong or just missing. Example, IG-88 has no armor to use recharging armor, and no flamethrower.

Fang

Donator
Just leave ruptor alone, its high dmg and values are compensated by its need to stand and charge up, easily displaceable. EE3/Proj werent.

Though I do feel like ruptor after a shot should switch out faster, proj does this and ee3 without reloading

Last edited:
Oh, yeah, Legends is fun but a mess

The KOTOR Wookiee name is wrong for rebs, Zaalbar is the nice boy who hangs out with Mission from KOTOR1, Hanhaar is the big ol' asshole from K2 who is super into femdom and jerks off for stat bonuses whenever Exile yells at him and he's the one on the Rebel's side

Last edited:

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
The Citadel
Absolutely amazing work, Linds! The map is visually pleasing, matches the source material and has exciting areas to fight in. Really impressive. The difference in heights and the wide variety of paths on the map make it very fun in particular. My only thought would be that the objective is far too complex. I would consider unlocking most of the doors, just to really free up player movement.

The final objective is a little bit tricky. Maybe that door could be unlocked from somewhere dead center on the map? This would make that exciting center area the main point of contention. I'd also look at reducing the size just a tiny bit to focus the fights a little bit more.

Progressive Siege
What a blast from the past. I can't wait to see MB2-specific maps built with this. I think the cool part about this template is that it allows mappers to make smaller areas to fight in to really make fights feel focused, but still maintain the feeling of a larger scope. I would even consider turning some of our bigger maps into Progressive Siege.

Maps that could work well:
  • Jedi Temple Classic
  • Deathstar
  • Kamino
  • Mygeeto
  • Kashyyyk
  • Tantive
  • Mos Eisley
You could even consider changing the format for this game mode, to be more akin to the old siege with players having infinite lives.

Default settings and shooting jank
There was a lot of weird default settings that made the gameplay feel very janky. I had to spend several minutes fixing the default settings just so the gameplay experience is stable again. Most notably the new default cg_thirdpersoncameradamp values caused a lot of jitter when aiming. I am also noticing that the shots aren't firing straight anymore, either it's related to some OG default setting being overridden or something has happened with the way shots are fired. Generally when I was leading a shot, I was expecting a straight line, but the shot flew off in a slightly angled vector relative to the camera. I noticed that the crosshair changed location depending on the weapon I had. It made aiming really weird. If something was changed with the weapons' shot origins or shot angle vectors, I'd urge to either adjust the third person camera's orientation to match that of the shot origin so the shots fire in a straight line relative to the camera or just revert back to the way things were.

Sniper nerfs
I think it's done wonders to the class variety and how many maps play out. The EE3 was nerfed maybe a little overzealously, but bumping it to around 75-80 should make it feel worthwhile again.

Jedi/Sith vs Guns balance
Jedi still die easily since they have pretty much no damage reduction so I can't say that I miss flinch all that much, but the low FP drains make for a really frustrating fight especially against turtling opponents who utilize deflect. Generally against aggressive opponents the fights still feel exciting, but I would consider removing swingblock blaster deflection. Attacks have zero committal.

SBDs can bleed
If you land a proj shot on an SBD, they will have blood marks. Shit's whack yo.

Default settings and shooting jank
There was a lot of weird default settings that made the gameplay feel very janky. I had to spend several minutes fixing the default settings just so the gameplay experience is stable again. Most notably the new default cg_thirdpersoncameradamp values caused a lot of jitter when aiming. I am also noticing that the shots aren't firing straight anymore, either it's related to some OG default setting being overridden or something has happened with the way shots are fired. Generally when I was leading a shot, I was expecting a straight line, but the shot flew off in a slightly angled vector relative to the camera. I noticed that the crosshair changed location depending on the weapon I had. It made aiming really weird. If something was changed with the weapons' shot origins or shot angle vectors, I'd urge to either adjust the third person camera's orientation to match that of the shot origin so the shots fire in a straight line relative to the camera or just revert back to the way things were.

As far as I'm aware there were some muzzle point alterations made specifically for the mando wrist laser - but more of these could have been made to other guns or generally I think

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
As far as I'm aware there were some muzzle point alterations made specifically for the mando wrist laser - but more of these could have been made to other guns or generally I think

I believe those were supposed to be disabled with the exception of wrist laser, as they were pretty broken (And I have video proof of them being really broken). However, since I've only seen minor complaints it seems like some kind of other change leaked through, as the aiming was really far off and people would be screaming if it was those changes I noticed.

I would even consider turning some of our bigger maps into Progressive Siege.

Already several plans to do this. Even combining several "campaign" maps together. However some of the ones on your list need a major recreation, not just an upgrade into siege. I do plan on expanding my Kashyyyk map into a progressive siege though for sure. I kind of stopped it because I was at a place where texturing was hard, but I was also having problems condensing the map as it felt like it was big enough for two maps. Progressive Siege fixes that problem.

You could even consider changing the format for this game mode, to be more akin to the old siege with players having infinite lives.

Not sure I see the point???? Because the point of progressive siege is having stages. That is what the entire code is about. If you have infinite lives, you don't need to have the stages really. You can just have each part of the map blend into one another. I like the way it handles now better personally, as people can concentrate more on each individual stage rather than huge maps. Other modes will have the respawn mechanic anyway, and you can TECHNICALLY combine those with progressive siege.

but I would consider removing swingblock blaster deflection. Attacks have zero committal.

Agreed, Swingblock is a horrible mechanic to have on Saber V Gun because its not telegraphed at all and relatively easy to preform. Things need to be relatively simple for saber v gun with out too many nuances in my opinion.

SBDs can bleed
If you land a proj shot on an SBD, they will have blood marks. Shit's whack yo.

Modeldata seems to have oil listed on it, so my guess is a check somewhere didn't get changed in code.

I do wish the damn hotfix was out already, as it should alleviate a lot of the issues we have currently. Really not sure what is taking so long.

The aiming IS far off, but I was personally avoiding screaming before I knew it wasn't purely placebo or some other cvar at work. I think it is most noticable when playing any kind of dual pistols, the focus point seems really far off now and trying to get close range headshots on purpose is a near impossible feat.

Karus

Donator
(BEFORE YOU READ: I've just had some dueling sessions with Hessu on some older patches, I have a clear head right now. I also win almost every duel I have on 1.6 :) so don't take my opinions the wrong way, please)
tl;dr - I'm not qq'ing. This is honest feedback.

I have heard Tempest's current build is great, but unfortunately I'm not a member of the Beta Team so I'm unable to test it/share my thoughts on that.

So, after a few weeks with 1.6, here are my thoughts (dueling):
It's a step in the right direction, for sure, counters work slightly better than before, but...
Bring back 1.4.9 countering/parrying so we can actually keep the flow of duels going without this constant hitching shitfest.
That patch felt perfect in terms of the flow of duels (except for the MBC and instas).

I won't lie, I'm getting bored of this patch already, mostly due to the fact that barely anything has changed since 1.5 (which is understandable!) but also because fishing for interrupts constantly and backpedalling after my 4th failed counter even on PB is really starting to piss me off.
And this isn't even a "git gud" issue, I'll beat the majority of players on this game in a best of 10 hands down, but it's the way this patch forces me to play that irritates me.

It's frustrating, a bit stale, and overly reaction/timing based to the point that, if you're not off your face on cocaine you're going to spend the majority of your time pissing your saber up your own arse, trying to counter that same old 4x halfswing spam and being interrupted in the process.
Don't get me wrong, that might be what you guys are going for, in which case, I think it's good.
But if you want my personal opinion? Dueling shouldn't be this way.

If I could have my way, what would I change?
Counter window would be extended, so counters/parries could be performed smoothly and seamlessly, with an emphasis on Perfect Block.

If you PB = Counter window would adjusted, so you are guaranteed counter/parry. This rewards PB, but not in a way that would harm players who aren't that great at PB.
inb4 "Hurr durr dueling will be a parry spamfest" slap still works, and can/always be used as a counter to parry spam.
Also, ensuring that counters are guaranteed on PB will make players think a lot more about which zones they want to start their attacks from.
I think right now, a lot of people play like they're braindead against good duelists, I will PB the same swings over and over, and they don't switch it up. This will encourage duelists to switch up their swings more often, resulting in more challenging and interesting duels, and perhaps new and interestnig variants in player fighting styles.

If you fail PB but attempt counter = Similar counter window to the previous patch. Very small window, but still possible with the correct timing.
I think this is an even trade. Interrupt damage would most likely have to be tweaked to ensure that players who aren't great at PB aren't punished too severely for going for a counter and failing, but this would add an interesting dynamic to dueling.
It's going to make people think twice before parry spamming, essentially solving the problem my first suggestion introduces.

Longer duels = Easily implemented by changing damage values and such, I believe. Duels are too fast right now. Too much intensity, not enough substance. Also this is going to allow more mistakes to be made by opponents who are not as gifted in PBC, giving them more of a chance to comeback or stand their ground without having to rely on PB.

If I get more ideas I will add to this post.
Whether anyone will agree or care about my ideas, I don't know and don't really care.
I just think my opinion is worth hearing cos I'm gud.

Last edited:

AaronAaron

Donator
(BEFORE YOU READ: I've just had some dueling sessions with Hessu on some older patches, I have a clear head right now. I also win almost every duel I have on 1.6 :) so don't take my opinions the wrong way, please)
tl;dr - I'm not qq'ing. This is honest feedback.

I have heard Tempest's current build is great, but unfortunately I'm not a member of the Beta Team so I'm unable to test it/share my thoughts on that.

So, after a few weeks with 1.6, here are my thoughts (dueling):
It's a step in the right direction, for sure, counters work slightly better than before, but...
Bring back 1.4.9 countering/parrying so we can actually keep the flow of duels going without this constant hitching shitfest.
That patch felt perfect in terms of the flow of duels (except for the MBC and instas).

I won't lie, I'm getting bored of this patch already, mostly due to the fact that barely anything has changed since 1.5 (which is understandable!) but also because fishing for interrupts constantly and backpedalling after my 4th failed counter even on PB is really starting to piss me off.
And this isn't even a "git gud" issue, I'll beat the majority of players on this game in a best of 10 hands down, but it's the way this patch forces me to play that irritates me.

It's frustrating, a bit stale, and overly reaction/timing based to the point that, if you're not off your face on cocaine you're going to spend the majority of your time pissing your saber up your own arse, trying to counter that same old 4x halfswing spam and being interrupted in the process.
Don't get me wrong, that might be what you guys are going for, in which case, I think it's good.
But if you want my personal opinion? Dueling shouldn't be this way.

If I could have my way, what would I change?
Counter window would be extended, so counters/parries could be performed smoothly and seamlessly, with an emphasis on Perfect Block.

If you PB = Counter window would adjusted, so you are guaranteed counter/parry. This rewards PB, but not in a way that would harm players who aren't that great at PB.
inb4 "Hurr durr dueling will be a parry spamfest" slap still works, and can/always be used as a counter to parry spam.
Also, ensuring that counters are guaranteed on PB will make players think a lot more about which zones they want to start their attacks from.
I think right now, a lot of people play like they're braindead against good duelists, I will PB the same swings over and over, and they don't switch it up. This will encourage duelists to switch up their swings more often, resulting in more challenging and interesting duels, and perhaps new and interestnig variants in player fighting styles.

If you fail PB but attempt counter = Similar counter window to the previous patch. Very small window, but still possible with the correct timing.
I think this is an even trade. Interrupt damage would most likely have to be tweaked to ensure that players who aren't great at PB aren't punished too severely for going for a counter and failing, but this would add an interesting dynamic to dueling.
It's going to make people think twice before parry spamming, essentially solving the problem my first suggestion introduces.

Longer duels = Easily implemented by changing damage values and such, I believe. Duels are too fast right now. Too much intensity, not enough substance. Also this is going to allow more mistakes to be made by opponents who are not as gifted in PBC, giving them more of a chance to comeback or stand their ground without having to rely on PB.

If I get more ideas I will add to this post.
Whether anyone will agree or care about my ideas, I don't know and don't really care.
I just think my opinion is worth hearing cos I'm gud.
have you noticed since 1.5 that swings hit you before they actually hit you? it makes the game feel like shit

also btw, how can we play 1.4 patches? i wanna play 1.4.5 again

SK5

Internal Beta Team
EU Official Server Admin

Problem with catering to open mode and duel mode at the same time is that you have to keep bp damage relatively high in order to not make it impossible to finish off jedi/sith in open mode. 1.4.9 was dreadful at that (while being a decent dueling patch) and if any sith/jedi had a gunner around them you had no chance of draining their bp.

I believe this is what 1.5 fixed quite nicely but after every tier complained about not being good enough to pb the system has been reverted to a dull, boring garbage patch. 1.5 wasn't perfect or even good but objectively I think it had the right idea of being able to kill worse players rather quickly. I'm pretty sure I was quite an advocate against 1.4.9 but it was certainly more interesting and intense than 1.6./late 1.5

Overall I agree 1.6/late 1.5 is the worst of the bunch so just give us any older or some completely new build. Although new things like airstabs while jumping are awesome and much needed.

backpedalling after my 4th failed counter even on PB is really starting to piss me off.
giphy.gif