1.6 Feedback

Hexodious

Movie Battles II Team
I've only played legends at the moment and I love it. FA with consistent characters across maps is a great idea.

R2D2 feedback specifically since I've been playing it loads:
- Remove the ability to melee (Replace it with a stunbaton shock or an e-11 rank 1).
- Give it flamethrower, weapon swap will allow it to toggle with wrist laser for burst with e-11 rank 1.
- Give it Knockdown immunity, with with a slowed movement effect instead (or an animation for knockdown).
- Make jetpack fx play on every jump, and allow this to negate fall damage if used mid air (or remove fall damage).

Sniper Rifles:
- Low body shot damage is good.... BUT!
- Headshots should one hit kill regardlress, increase headshot modifier!

I'll have more feedback later as I haven't played much yet.

Edit: Merry Xmas

Last edited:

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
That shouldn't be happening, as its just based on map entities and a server cvar. It should be completely separate from MBMode.

That's a stupid advice? Oh well, go on then and keep 'improving' the mod with your fellow 14 year olds and their deep open mode gameplay input and analysys. The future looks bright indeed.
I'm not even close to being 14 lmfao the fact is you discredit everything you say if you include petty insults like that. If you want to make the mod better contribute to it rather than sitting there talking shit about people who are at least trying their best to help improve the mod, taking time out of their day to test etc.

I don't even think anyone that I know from EU in the beta team is that young anyway, even if they were it doesn't invalidate their ability to judge how balanced a star wars game is. If anything it's more normal for a 14 year old to want to play this than some 30 year old projecting on the forums

Anyway, judging by what other people are saying to you I assume I mistook you for being someone who genuinely wants to improve the game and not just some oldhead with a chip on his shoulder like the rest. Shame.

SK5

Internal Beta Team
EU Official Server Admin
I like the sniper changes, especially EE-3. 3 shots with less damage and ammo drain along with the ability to insta snipe should keep mando quite flexible and balanced. For proj maybe increase the damage up close and allow for shotgunning, imo that would be a good compromise. Also nerfing dodge would put the main gunner classes in a fairly good place I think.

As for dueling, there seems to be bug where if you start a private duel with melee you both turn invisible sometimes.

I like the sniper changes, especially EE-3. 3 shots with less damage and ammo drain along with the ability to insta snipe should keep mando quite flexible and balanced. For proj maybe increase the damage up close and allow for shotgunning, imo that would be a good compromise. Also nerfing dodge would put the main gunner classes in a fairly good place I think.

As for dueling, there seems to be bug where if you start a private duel with melee you both turn invisible sometimes.
They all hate you mando.

Hexodious

Movie Battles II Team
I have seen it mentioned in other threads but I've found that with knockback instead of flinch, fp drains aren't enough. When playing as a jedi I am actively avoiding swingblocking as I can now trade minor hp for kills as I don't get knocked out of range and their isn't enough threat of fp drains to keep me at bay, and I typically use def1 in openmode unless I am in a scrim.

From the gunner pov I have hit Jedi's several times with e-11 while they swing and they've walked through it and got the kill, luckily I have been playing rienforcements mostly so on my next life I'll normally do enough hp damage to prevent that another time.

I like the bowcaster1/2 rof change, nice one.

Dodge ET feels the best thing to play at the moment.

Ion buff vs deka is awesome, really felt its impact while I was playing deka earlier.

Deka Roll bug is still around :( its the main thing that puts me off playing deka because you can't rely on your roll button to work for 1-3 seconds. Not sure how to explain it, but it feels like if you are doing anything at all it interupts the roll action where it should override everything and issue the roll/deploy command without hestitation.

Wrist laser feels ok, but mando could use more love (mandalorian tv series for inspiration?)

Legends will be a perfect place to test new features for open mode!

Haven't dueled much but noticed the indicators weren't present unless I actually got a pblock.

New sbd is cool, but could use further animation refinements. No flinch certainly makes the SBD vs Jedi matchup better.

Nex

EU Official Server Admin
Dude, I called you out on this bullshit the last time you did it. We ran both a poll and an open beta on the projectile velocity increase. The community support for it was there. YOU never bothered to post a single bit of feedback in the FOUR separate open beta feedback threads.

It's not that I didn't bother, I wasn't aware there were any as I don't follow forums that much, only from time to time when major patch is being pushed out. However I did post my feedback and thoughts on it shortly after and I'm sure you remember it.

A good chunk of people have been complaining about snipers for ages, and its a large part of the reason some very awesome maps in the game aren't played, because snipers are just utterly dominant on them. No, they're not trolls like you labeled them earlier for having that opinion.
Large maps aren't played because cry babies refuse to learn how to play the game in 2019. If any of them gets sniped, they should better ask themselves, why does it happen and figure out the solution to avoid it next time. And yes, most of them are trolls. 80% of EU side are made of trolls and timewasters. You don't play there so how could you know. Did you ever think from whom does the "bring back old balcony dotf" request come from? Take a guess. Balcony, catwalk, gen pit, we all know what was going there. I've said it many times and I will do it again - remove and bury all old dotf versions for good. Enough of this troll-service.

I'm not even close to being 14 lmfao the fact is you discredit everything you say if you include petty insults like that. If you want to make the mod better contribute to it rather than sitting there talking shit about people who are at least trying their best to help improve the mod, taking time out of their day to test etc.

I don't even think anyone that I know from EU in the beta team is that young anyway, even if they were it doesn't invalidate their ability to judge how balanced a star wars game is. If anything it's more normal for a 14 year old to want to play this than some 30 year old projecting on the forums

Anyway, judging by what other people are saying to you I assume I mistook you for being someone who genuinely wants to improve the game and not just some oldhead with a chip on his shoulder like the rest. Shame.
Yeah, my bad that I took you seriously from the beginning too. You're just talking much but hardly anything constructive.

The delay to fire after scoping was one of the original ideas I had for EE3 sniping as well but most of the changes for this patch got reduced to number tweaks.
Wow, just wow. Yeah, just take/nerf everything that's actually fun to use. EE-3 + Wrist combo is one of my favorite, so ye you better remove it as well. Lmao... no words, seriously. Can you like, stop touching the most fun features in the game that's been here for years? I'd like to remind you that you already have disabled the possibility to perform Pull+Slap combo as Jedi/Sith once you added cooldown to the Pull. Defiant told me it wasn't intended that way but still isn't fixed.

There were other potential things aimed at snipers that would have nerfed disruptor but they weren't included (descoping along with reducing the time you can sit with it charged up by a large margin being the main ones).
Are you for real now? Guys can you just stay away from guns? Please?

Last edited:
I loved sniping, and being able to confirm a kill off of misplacement of the enemy always felt good, with the damage nerfs, Its harder to get said kills consistently at farther ranges,(I had this situation where I could kill people lots easier at crazy distances, basically I was better shooting moving targets than I was stationary ones, I'd always miss the stationary ones by like a millimeter) With the new changes, It's crazy hard to get those long-range kills as I have to aim for the small head now instead of the chest. I miss the old damage, but when I think of it in the context of: If I sniped that guy in the chest, sure he didn't die, but he WILL die to like 1-2 blaster shots after said snipe. It still gives them a chance to play the round out so they aren't sitting in spec forever, however, it still punishes their bad positioning cause it's giving them a crazy disadvantage in the next firefight.

I believe that if you do score headshots with the snipers, it should always kill them, despite it being a small part of the overall hitbox, the enemy has a lot of movement options that could make it difficult to hit, they could walk randomly, mix in some crouching, zigzag etc. It can be very hard to hit the head off of a reactionary flick, so based on all that, If you land a headshot, it should land you the kill.

Right now I feel like the damage on ee3 sniper isn't enough to land you that kill against targets like clones and arc's, several times now have arcs tanked my ee3 headshots and it definitely ruins the effort I put into getting said snipe, I could get better results by using a P3 which would have a faster fire rate, and more shots per clip and is perfectly accurate no matter how I am moving.

btw this post definitely sounds weird when I read it over, was me putting my thoughts onto paper without much attention to structure and the like. Just think of it as "when you snipe the head, It should land you a kill" "if you snipe the chest and below and they tank it, It's giving them a chance to correct themselves and play out the round, while still giving your team an advantage because they are now low enough to die to 2-3 blaster shots." "would like for EE3 sniper to do a bit more damage"

Last edited:
I welcome the sniper nerf because I think snipers were too strong, but I don't think it was the actual sniping that was the problem, but rather, the secondary weapons being too strong (P3, E-11, etc).

You NEVER see a sniping class in any game that allows you to have an assault rifle or a good weapon as a sidearm - it's the penalty of being a sniper, being the best at long ranges.

But it's funny how everyone is complaining about it on here now because it'll be more difficult to get that 32/2 KD ratio :rolleyes:

shea conn

Account Suspended
I welcome the sniper nerf because I think snipers were too strong, but I don't think it was the actual sniping that was the problem, but rather, the secondary weapons being too strong (P3, E-11, etc).

You NEVER see a sniping class in any game that allows you to have an assault rifle or a good weapon as a sidearm - it's the penalty of being a sniper, being the best at long ranges.
Id hapilly have them nerf secondary weapons on those classes but the update punishes people for having good aim

Possibly.png

Karus

Donator
Personally, I love this patch.
It has it's faults, particularly with the proj/EE3 nerfs, but other than that, this is a solid update, and to me it was worth the wait.
As Recourse mentioned, the dueling changes are minimal but DEFINITELY appreciated!
Private duels are an absolute fucking godsend.
Tutorial is slightly buggy (though maybe I tried completing it too fast, lol) but great nonetheless.
LOVE the new SBD skins and animations, too! Those came as a massive surprise to me.
And the UI. Fantastic. The fact we can customize it with different colors and fonts too, what a small but brilliant addition to the mod.
Overall I'm personally really happy with the way the patch has turned out thus far, and a massive thanks from us all for ensuring this got out in time for Christmas.
Truly appreciated! :poe-copy-that:

Hexodious

Movie Battles II Team
But it's funny how everyone is complaining about it on here now because it'll be more difficult to get that 32/2 KD ratio :rolleyes:

False, I'll just go Jedi ;). But in all seriousness, hero can get away without the proj and be a full shooter with dodge. But that assumes dodge remains unchanged, otherwise it will be better going reinforcements. I mean I'd already pick dodge ET over dodge Hero as the third rank doesn't beat a second life. The main thing hero has going for it are the sniper rifle and movement speed (movement speed will be way more critical without flinch so you can dance around knockback (when the range is buffed)).

I think while taking these things away look at giving them more love for other play styles in different ways. Rally for example could be a good ability on the Hero class, potentially even expanded with the ability to trigger it without a soldier dying near them to allow rebels to charge locations since they are often the attacking team. Quickthrow rank 1 being free, with only the knockdown version having a cost. Things like this would make the hero a more interesting support class and something you could really consider using without a sniper rifle (except when I am roleplaying han solo).

I am sad to hear about disruptor nerfs being discussed as I feel its in a much better place as a sniper with the movement restrictions than the others. Sure its strong when someone decent is using it, but things can be strong and a solid disruptor user is the exception not the rule.

Last edited:
I think pistol 3 is enough to make hero viable right now, but it really seems to want a more interesting ability or skill or item if the sniper is no longer as important to the class as it used to be

Hexodious

Movie Battles II Team
I think pistol 3 is enough to make hero viable right now.

Dodge enables P3. Right now this is a valid combo, but if/when we see dodge nerfed this will also nerf hero P3. Making it a less attractive choice.

Don't get me wrong, I love P3 on BH and Hero and use it all the time because I love the Han Solo fantasy, but E-11 is the weapon you pick if you just want to win aka scrims.

But it really seems to want a more interesting ability or skill or item if the sniper is no longer as important to the class as it used to be

100%. And as on the first part of this quote reply is why extra love elsewhere on the class is needed.

Last edited:
When dodge gets nerfed, something will need to be done to hero, because it will become easily the worst reb class. Low armour + weak proj + no dodge = trash tier

In my opinion, proj is plenty strong at 100dmg, and hero mobility coupled with altfrag and p3 is still really good. You can still Proj + altfrag cheese, and mobility + skinny model frame gives you a strafe (AD keys) dodge advantage against other gunners (and dodging saber swings), esp. since p3 gives you perfect accuracy while strafe dodging.

Hero doesn't need some extra new thingy that's just gonna make it OP again.