My opinion on the game

Hello! You might have seen me under a nickname CoolChester on some EU servers {BG}, TIN and other. I have played this mod for about 2 weeks (i main Jedi, Obi Wan Kenobi specifically) and felt necessary to register and tell my opinion on this mod.
First, of course, comes praise: visuals, models, maps (even though most of them were taken from KOTF and other mods) look fantastic for a game this old, notably Peneke's pack. General atmosphere and team spirit feel cool and awesome especially with these fancy voice commands. I always liked games with small and friendly communities, and this one really made me feel a part of it: i have spent so many hours playing and talking to people, making new friends and having fun. BUT.
What the HELL is this open mod? I don't get it, like at all.
Jedis.
Jedis are so incredibly WEAK. A single soldier killed me many times in a row, i couldn't even get close to him. My blocking power quickly receded to zero and i was shredded with blaster bolts. A jedi should be able to PLOUGH through enemy lines. There's no way in the world a single tiny soldier (the weakest class) could kill a jedi in the movies. Can you even imagine Obi wan dying from a battle droid on Naboo? That's absolutely ridiculous. I tried going after a super-battle-droid, but i got absolutely destroyed. I even managed to hit the droid a couple of times, but for some reason it did not stop him from shooting and slapping the s*** out of me. I understand, super-battle-droids are tough and have cortosis and are much more formiddable opponents than soldiers, but NO way a jedi wouldn't be able to kill one with ease.
My suggestion is to remove any Force Power drains from blaster shots or increase health significantly (3-4 times). A Jedi can only be stopped by a Sith. Gunners should only play support role.
Force Powers.
Why could i not push over the above mentioned soldier many times in a row? Nor could i pull him. Range is insanely small, they don't even feel like Force Powers at all. The 2005 Battlefront 2 did the jedi and sith much better and realistically. You could push over gunners (what is obviously expected) AND you could crush enemy defenses for your team to follow! Of course the opposing team has the same opportunity with their Sith/Jedi. That felt absolutely amazing and rewarding. The jedi in this game do not feel like jedis at all. You should probably rename them into "guys with rave sticks who can't kill even soldiers."
My suggestion is to cap the Jedi class, so only one player is able to play it at a time and buff significantly. It worked perfectly in the old Battlefront 2, and it will work here.
Guns
Please do not think that i didn't try gunners, i did try them and enjoyed playing a lot. Especially i enjoyed dying from a random sniper shot and then sitting in Spectator Mode for the rest of the match! I tried soldiers, commanders and clones, but everyone is just waiting on the opposite side of that long corridor on naboo and you can't even peek -- you get killed instantly from disruptor rifles or droidekas.
Wookies. i tried playing wookie, got some kills, got killed many more times, not complaining. But what bothers me is that i saw Siths running from wookies. WHAT? Darth Maul is now afraid of a wookie? Then i learned that they are completely IMMUNE to Force Powers! WHAT? They don't even flinch from a Force Push or a Force Pull. You just can't invent rules like this in a game just because you want so. There are some universal rules that cannot be broken by characters "because they feel too underpowered or overpowered" for the sake of balance. Put a ysalamir lizard on their shoulders at least (to explain their Force Powers resistance).
Team Kill points system.
WHAT WERE YOU THINKING WHEN MAKING THIS ABOMINATION? I landed one unsuccessful frag grenade and after that every single time i hit somebody i got switched into spectator mode automatically! It really felt like the game itself was trolling me! Left after a few rounds. Never going to play guns again, honestly.
Duels.
This combat system feels weird, clunky, unintuitive. Once i dueled a guy who stood absolutely still, tanked ALL of my hits, sometimes attacked me with a single hit and (surprise) won the duel every time. I counted the amount of hits i landed on him. 34. He hit me 3 times. Sometimes my saber just fell of my arms for no reason, sometimes he slapped me, kicked and punched me until i died. When i slapped him he, of course, wouldn't fall.
Base did it much better, even though sabers felt "transparent". You hit an enemy -- you damage him. You get hit -- you lose health. It is as simple as that. In MBII i hit an enemy 34 times -- i die.
Why not introduce the same or similar simple system here?
Modes
Ok. There is this open mode, duel mode, why is there no Free for all mode where i, or any other new player could practice different classes without the risk of waiting for 5 GODDAMNED MINUTES in Spectator Mode? It would really fix all of the problems i listed for open mode, because you would respawn instantly. CTF would be amazing in MBII! so many cool opportunities to expand the gameplay possibilities but i see none of those.
Teams.
It is a rare occasion when they are even, or there are no CE.7 guys in a single team with k/d like 100/10. A game is fun when both sides are enjoying it. Why is it even possible to switch sides when the opposing team has more players or has significantly more wins? Is it hard to program the cap or what? Really, what is the reason behind this i really want to hear it.
Sorry, if some of my words sounded harsh. I really like the vibe this mod has and all of the fun and cool people here (Like Midgee and gumai), but open mode is incredibly frustrating and something has to be done about it. I really REALLY want to enjoy playing it. Looking forward to the new update, hope you consider some of my suggestions.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I get that devs are busy and all, but surely they can at least do something?

Not much is progressing at all at the moment. We've hit a big wall and that big wall is the respawning system in mb2 with the people capable of fixing it not having any time to fix it. Which is also preventing other things from happening, like beta tester apps. We need to find a way to get over our current hurdle before all that can happen.

I can agree MB2 is very fun and is very open like, however the devs could open more things up and try get slightly more involved in the community and bring in more players and more members to clans.

I am not sure what more you want us to do? We are already some of the most involved developers in existence. Many of us play on a consistent basis, and some would like to play more if we had time. We are also constantly interacting on discord and the forums. I don't think there is much more we can realistically do.

Dude, wtf?

You've been around so long and you STILL DON'T GET IT!?

The twats will never, ever, be satisfied.

It doesn't matter what you say, what you do, what you have done, you are a target to be maligned and trashed. Even here, in some now obscure game that a small minority cares about.

The poison is everywhere.

Ignore them and do you. Right now, you, yes you, are perhaps one of the most holy core members that did shit for this game, more than anyone, and they don't give one jack shit about it.

Ignore it and keep playing. Or surrender to the morons.

yellow since that's the only effective style (I'm a decent duelist and i've never seen or been beaten by anyone using any other style)
I've played around on duel servers for quite a bit and enjoyed it greatly. One thing is i saw a couple of guys (or it was the same guy i am not sure) who shredded everyone with duals in mere seconds. Saying that yellow is the strongest is quite a stretch, isn't it?

2cwldys

Donator
Internal Beta Team
I've played around on duel servers for quite a bit and enjoyed it greatly. One thing is i saw a couple of guys (or it was the same guy i am not sure) who shredded everyone with duals in mere seconds. Saying that yellow is the strongest is quite a stretch, isn't it?

Depends on whos using what style, but yes, yellow is quite the strongest and used by many. If someone shreked a ton of people using duals I wanna shake their hand.

Not much is progressing at all at the moment. We've hit a big wall and that big wall is the respawning system in mb2 with the people capable of fixing it not having any time to fix it. Which is also preventing other things from happening, like beta tester apps. We need to find a way to get over our current hurdle before all that can happen.

I am not sure what more you want us to do? We are already some of the most involved developers in existence. Many of us play on a consistent basis, and some would like to play more if we had time. We are also constantly interacting on discord and the forums. I don't think there is much more we can realistically do.

Well in terms of development why not cater towards the community rather than streamlining, since nobody wants this to be like battlefront anyway. (bring in more powerful placable turrets/permit sith and jedi to both have the purple and orange saber color/introduce the geonosian weapon and vibroblade make them costly in points if you're scared about balancing tbh i'd love having 3 lives with a sword and no bp for some fresh gameplay, surely this wouldn't require testers since you have done the same in Full Authentic?

in regards to what you could do here are two ideas of the top of my head, but i think if you asked around some people might have cooler ideas.

Feature all the clans who want to be featured or/additionally create two official sith/jedi clans and have events for a galactic conquest of a sort (doesn't have to be managed by the devs get trusted people to work on it, hell i'd do it if i had the numbers and contacts. seriously though if you get me a server and pin an announcement about it i'd be dedicated to making something work, you have all the maps)

You could make use of this website and introduce ranks/faction to each profile too ;)

btw i genuinely love you guys, i expected toxicity so i'm sorry for repeating myself a bit when i comment i'm still waiting for my girl rn..

Last edited:
Dude, wtf?

You've been around so long and you STILL DON'T GET IT!?

The twats will never, ever, be satisfied.

It doesn't matter what you say, what you do, what you have done, you are a target to be maligned and trashed. Even here, in some now obscure game that a small minority cares about.

The poison is everywhere.

Ignore them and do you. Right now, you, yes you, are perhaps one of the most holy core members that did shit for this game, more than anyone, and they don't give one jack shit about it.

Ignore it and keep playing. Or surrender to the morons.
all i want is new content, maps, in game modes, etc.
and we are getting those soon :p:) couldnt be happier.

FB_IMG_1563095218857.jpg