•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] Intense fps lag/stuttering after update

Rea

Hello,
I wanted to play MB2 again today, after about 5-6 months, I opened the launcher, which downloaded new updates and applied them. However,
Trying to open it with JAMP gave "couldn't load opengl" error, which, i remember from last time, and i had fixed by switching to mb2 client
With which, it kinda worked. At least the game opens. However, starting from the intro video (the short one showing MB2) there is an intensive stutter.
Like, I can't even properly move the mouse or click on things, it takes ages.

Although my PC is quite old, I don't think it is anyhow below minimum requirements so there has to be a technical problem with the new update.
Also I'm not sure what exactly I changed in my pc since the last time I played, but it might be that I switched to a 64 bit system and started using SSD for operating system, although the game is installed on normal HDD.

Aside from it, system specs go about:
Nvidia GeForce fx9600 GT 512 mb
Core 2 Duo 2.4 ghz
4 GB ram
Desktop computer with LAN cable connection to router.

Also, another interesting thing was when i actually tried to check for servers, everything was 2000+ Ping for some reason. Which used to be normal 40-100 ping

I have no such FPS problems or any performance problems more than usual in any other game.
Trying to run normal jedi academy also results in openGL problem so i can't exactly check if the normal game is working fine

Thanks in advance

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
You need to examine that first error with JAMP more closely as that will probably lead to the real cause. Not sure why OpenJK is still loading if OpenGL is truly broken, but it still sounds crippled performance wise. In any case the game's system requirements haven't really changed for a decade, so the version update is a red herring and shouldn't have anything to do with this.

You don't mention it, but given the age of the hardware I'm guessing you're using Windows 7? Though you said you changed to '64-bit' which means a fresh installation, so the OpenGL issue was probably introduced then.

Check your Nvidia drivers (might want to try a reinstall), make sure you have no opengl32.dll in GameData (usually used for post processing injectors), and check for any third party software like overlays that might be interfering.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Reinstall drivers for video
Get rid of GLDirect, more here: Windows technical FAQ/troubleshooting guide

As for network, get rid of Wi-Fi and connect a computer to a router via cable.
Or lock Wi-Fi to a single frequency, at least.

Oh wait, you're already on cable... Then make sure no background process is eating traffic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rea

Rea

Thanks both of you guys
I feel kinda stupid now, as I realised i might have not even installed the graphics driver, and, that was it, everything works fine now