•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Launcher Unable to install the launcher

I tried to install the launcher yesterday but I have been running into an issue; every time I download and start the launcher it automatically requires an update, when it tries to get the update it automatically receives an error message and then the program starts trying to do the same over and over again. The Support FAQ has a solution to what seemed to be my problem, but I have attemped to fix it and the problem is still there. I also do have all the requirements to run the launcher, done all the recommended stuff and no anti-virus is on the way so I don't really know what to do anymore to install it.

I also attach a file with the specific error just in case. Thanks for your time.

Attachments

• Error.png
    Error.png
    154.1 KB · Views: 292

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
I also tried that solution yesterday, but the download of the .exe file is always blocked, no matter the browser I use. Downloading only the Patcher and putting it into the GameData folder gives the same problem as before.

Edit: It doesnt allow me to upload a .txt file so I will just copy the log here:

===================================================
Movie Battles II AutoUpdater file Created on: 15/12/2018 10:40:39
===================================================
Initialising connection to server.
Detected OS Windows. Retrieving Windows Launcher Manifest.
Retrieved 695 bytes
Deserialising manifest.
Deserialised complete. There are 2 records.
Starting backup.
Checking if /MBIILauncher.exe exists in path C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData/
Checking if /MBII_Patcher.dll exists in path C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData/
File found at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData//MBII_Patcher.dll
Backing file up to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData//MBII_Patcher.dll.mbbak.
File backed up.
Checking for old configurations.
Previous configurations found.
Old configurations backups found. Deleteing...
Old Configurations Removed.
Backing up C:\Users\juana\AppData\Local/Movie_Battles_Team/ to C:\Users\juana\AppData\Local/Movie_Battles_Team_Backup
Configuration Backup completed.
Backup completed.
Deleting current files.
Begging uninstall of current version
Checking for existance of C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData//MBIILauncher.exe.
Checking for existance of C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData//MBII_Patcher.dll.
File exists. Deleting...
File Deleted
Uninstall completed
Aquiring new files.
Beginning update
Retrieving /MBIILauncher.exe from Movie Battles II Community. File will be saved to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData//MBIILauncher.exe
Error occured during download: Error en el servidor remoto: (503) Servidor no disponible.
Stack Trace: en System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile(Uri address, String fileName)
en AutoUpdate.AutoUpdate.GetUpdateFiles()
Begging uninstall of current version
Checking for existance of C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData//MBIILauncher.exe.
Checking for existance of C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData//MBII_Patcher.dll.
Uninstall completed
Beginning restore.
Checking for existance of C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData//MBIILauncher.exe.mbbak
Checking for existance of C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData//MBII_Patcher.dll.mbbak
File found. Restoring to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData//MBII_Patcher.dll
Restore completed
Beginning removal of backup files
Checking if file C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData//MBIILauncher.exe.mbbak exists.
Checking if file C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData//MBII_Patcher.dll.mbbak exists.
File exists. Deleting...
Backup File Deleted
Starting Launcher...
Using path: C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Jedi Academy/GameData/MBIILauncher.exe. Command line:
Error occured starting launcher: El sistema no puede encontrar el archivo especificado
Stack Trace: en System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
en AutoUpdate.Form1.UpdateWorker_RunWorkerCompleted(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)

Attachments

• error2.png
    error2.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 261

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
Your anti-virus is blocking the download. Either whitelist MBIILauncher or let me know what anti-virus vendor you are using and ill see if they take submissions for false positives.

I actually don't have an anti-virus installed. The only thing I have is Windows Defender by default, but I already disabled it temporarily when I tried to install the launcher and download the other one.

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
Your screenshot shows something blocking the download. It's anti-virus either from your PC, your LAN or your ISP.