Tempest's Saber Build

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
i really, really am giving up on this mod.

View attachment 3397

Please do. You should seek greener pastures in which to not capitalize the beginning of his sentences. Perhaps the warden would be able to find more fertile ground for derailing conversations if he played other games rather than wasting his precious time playing a mod he finds a lost cause. In any case, I'm sure you're aware, but we were having a conversation about how to improve the game by adding mechanics, not having a conversation about bringing back old players, or appeasing some sort of perceived audience waiting in the wing to jump back into MB2. The only real way to go about this, is to talk about how to improve the game rather than turn it into a battle of oldfag vets stuck in the past vs the new glory hole soldiers of 1.3 and beyond. This strange insistence on dividing people rather than talking about mechanics and what we should do to improve the game, is perhaps why you feel you may be wasting your time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
all of those issues are things that i've already complained about though?I doubt any of the dwindling EU dueling scene are going to want to learn NB or go back to nudge (Which we literally complained about and had removed btw.) its almost like the dev team are trolling i cant believe it.
Re-read my post again. Specifically where I mention how the previous times NB was tested internally or nudge was brought back in release, they were both bad iterations and how/why. This isn't the same circumstance.

Please do. The Warden of newcastle should seek greener pastures in which to not capitalize the beginning of his sentences. Perhaps the warden would be able to find more fertile ground for derailing conversations if he played other games rather than wasting his precious time playing a mod he finds a lost cause. In any case, I'm sure you're aware, but we were having a conversation about how to improve the game by adding mechanics, not having a conversation about bringing back old players, or appeasing some sort of perceived audience waiting in the wing to jump back into MB2. The only real way to go about this, is to talk about how to improve the game rather than turn it into a battle of oldfag vets stuck in the past vs the new glory hole soldiers of 1.3 and beyond. This strange insistence on dividing people rather than talking about mechanics and what we should do to improve the game, is perhaps why you feel you may be wasting your time.
okay sev, remind us how you wanked off over 1.5 for months, said it was amazing etc, the build was done almost entirely from your feedback and you stopped playing after 2 weeks.

remind us how many times you've took a hard stance 'listen to me or the game will be shit' opinion, and the proceeding patch has left the community unhappy.

i'm not TRYING to cause a divide, there's no way that devs can really be listening to the current community when we've asked in the past for things like nudge to be removed, and then months later they get readded. it's frustrating and boring, just because the majority of the active EU community aren't vocal on the forums as much as the older players, doesn't mean they dont have opinions. We have long and interesting discussions on clan discords about the game, which we often end up agreeing on a lot of things. I do my best to vocalise that on the forums, but the argument I always face is that I'm the only person whos going against the grain.

i also don't see how you're allowed to publicly expose where I'm from in several posts and have still received no repercussions from it, despite the fact the rules of the forums clearly state that no personal information is to be shared across the forums.

edit: and im not derailing anything, as a wise man once said:

wWEJAMM.png

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
okay sev, remind us how you wanked off over 1.5 for months, said it was amazing etc, the build was done almost entirely from your feedback and you stopped playing after 2 weeks.

remind us how many times you've took a hard stance 'listen to me or the game will be shit' opinion, and the proceeding patch has left the community unhappy.

i'm not TRYING to cause a divide, there's no way that devs can really be listening to the current community when we've asked in the past for things like nudge to be removed, and then months later they get readded. it's frustrating and boring, just because the majority of the active EU community aren't vocal on the forums as much as the older players, doesn't mean they dont have opinions. We have long and interesting discussions on clan discords about the game, which we often end up agreeing on a lot of things. I do my best to vocalise that on the forums, but the argument I always face is that I'm the only person whos going against the grain.

i also don't see how you're allowed to publicly expose where I'm from in several posts and have still received no repercussions from it, despite the fact the rules of the forums clearly state that no personal information is to be shared across the forums.

edit: and im not derailing anything, as a wise man once said:

wWEJAMM.png

People have been trying to blame me for bad builds even before 1.4 when I started beta testing, but the fact of the matter is that I have very little control over it since I am just a beta tester and stassin constantly does the opposite of what I suggest. In any case, I have no need to defend myself against the accusations of a little edgelord that would rather create drama and write nonsense than discuss how to move forward.

AaronAaron

Donator
Craic, lets not talk about exposing where people are from when you post pictures of peoples houses all over discords

Me and several others didnt like NB when it was first introduced on that beta test, but i'd be more than happy to test a balanced version of it

I still think that 1.4.2 or 1.4.4 (it was one of them) was the best patch when it came to having fun...

@noel

I think it is quite unwise to criticize a build you yourself haven’t even tested or played yet. Before bashing it, I think you should atleast give it a chance. Yes, you may have tested the nudge from a few builds ago but that doesn’t mean it’s the same broken one. I think what Stassin, Tempest, Defiled, and SeV have been saying about NB and nudge make a lot of sense in theory, so I wouldn’t just shoot them down. I also especially wouldn’t shoot down any of the developers for maybe releasing a otherwise shitty patch in the past. They are learning from their mistakes just like everyone else does so maybe they have made a creative, fun, and skillful build. Although, they can prove me wrong with that can’t they.

Last edited:
Don't worry too much about it, guys. Once everyone realizes that the duelling system development is a circle where the most desired, perfect build is on the opposite position of any currently active build, you will all get along much better.

That said blaming SeV works for me, too.

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
Craic, lets not talk about exposing where people are from when you post pictures of peoples houses all over discords

Me and several others didnt like NB when it was first introduced on that beta test, but i'd be more than happy to test a balanced version of it

I still think that 1.4.2 or 1.4.4 (it was one of them) was the best patch when it came to having fun...

I didn't play 1.4.2 I think, but afaik that was just a bug fixed and adjusted version of 1.4 And out of all of them I probably had most fun in 1.4 oddly enough (Probably due to nudge balancing out PB). 1.4.4 was the one with flat BP cost per swing and it felt like shit because you were draining your own BP if you wanted to kill someone. So if you played aggressively you would be responsible for 40% of your own BP drain even when killing a noob.

People have been trying to blame me for bad builds even before 1.4 when I started beta testing, but the fact of the matter is that I have very little control over it since I am just a beta tester and stassin constantly does the opposite of what I suggest. In any case, I have no need to defend myself against the accusations of a little edgelord that would rather create drama and write nonsense than discuss how to move forward.
hahhhahah how am i an edgelord for giving my opinion? its like ur going crazy because i disagree with some of what you're saying?? fair enough if they do the opposite idrc but i wasnt derailing the topic and consideration for the community should be taken into account, changes will inevitably cause people to stop playing if they're as bad as NB is

also u started attacking me, i'm not causing any drama at all lol

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
hahhhahah how am i an edgelord for giving my opinion? its like ur going crazy because i disagree with some of what you're saying?? fair enough if they do the opposite idrc but i wasnt derailing the topic and consideration for the community should be taken into account, changes will inevitably cause people to stop playing if they're as bad as NB is

also u started attacking me, i'm not causing any drama at all lol

I've had enough fun at the expense of the disabled, so I will refrain from engaging further.

please
dont
add
neutral
block

please
dont
add
yellow
a
halfswing

sincerely,

every active player in EU

edit: can we just have 1.4.9 but put the base damage up and nerf fast styles??? i dont see how that wouldnt work

''A halfswing'' is easily dealt with if your opponents repetitively spam it. It is easy to pb and it doesn't render the other swings null and void.

but I really think NB could possibly kill the game, as I know that the dwindling community we have left is either already against it, or will not have the patience to learn how to use it

People already HAVE stopped playing the game, mostly because of features like NB, Nudge, and halfswing being removed from the mod. This is a step forward for dueling, not the other way around. You aren't understanding that we've had "NB" for 10+ years and the change to the PB system along with the changes to nudge, halfswings, timing, counters and other mechanics are what put the dueling community on life support in the first place. You have a warped view of NB and Nudge because of the terrible iterations that were implemented in previous builds. The concept of adding NB (back) into the game is foreign to you because you didn't play a single build where these mechanics were successfully implemented.

i'm not causing any drama at all lol

Like this?

i really, really am giving up on this mod. I have serious concerns about the direction of the new build and genuinely believe (this is coming from someone who once said mb2 could never die) this could make the game even less popular than it already is. I doubt any of the dwindling EU dueling scene are going to want to learn NB or go back to nudge (Which we literally complained about and had removed btw.) its almost like the dev team are trolling i cant believe it. And if you think all the oldfags are going to come back, you're being naive, and if you think you're going to get an influx of new players, you're being naive

You contradict yourself by calling veterans "oldfags" and continuing to derail improvements to the sabersystem that would breathe life back into dueling. I think the majority of veterans accept the fact that most of the "oldfags" will never return no matter what the status of the sabersystem is. Your narrative is clearly getting in the way of facts in this thread. Your appeal to fear isn't working when you insist that no one in Europe will like this change and when you hint that this change will kill MBII. Sev put it nicely here:

In any case, I'm sure you're aware, but we were having a conversation about how to improve the game by adding mechanics, not having a conversation about bringing back old players, or appeasing some sort of perceived audience waiting in the wing to jump back into MB2. The only real way to go about this, is to talk about how to improve the game rather than turn it into a battle of oldfag vets stuck in the past vs the new glory hole soldiers of 1.3 and beyond. This strange insistence on dividing people rather than talking about mechanics and what we should do to improve the game, is perhaps why you feel you may be wasting your time.

We aren't expecting some massive, invisible audience to flood back into the game if mechanics that made the old systems great were added back into the game. Where are you even getting this kind of information?

I doubt any of the dwindling EU dueling scene are going to want to learn NB or go back to nudge (Which we literally complained about and had removed btw.) its almost like the dev team are trolling i cant believe it.

If you can't believe it, I highly encourage you to take the time and read older threads and/or watch older videos to try and understand what everyone in this thread is telling you. It's extremely improbable that Stassin, Tempest, Sev, Firestrike, and Sekundus are all blatantly wrong about MBII's saber system. They were all exceptional players from varying backgrounds and true individualistic playstyles - each with different, highly skilled approaches to becoming good at multiple saber systems. They -all- have close to 10+ years of on and off experience with the mod. They all have differing viewpoints on specifics, but are in general agreeance with the state of the game. What does that tell you? Are you really going to generalize and call them "oldfags" that are unable to understand their 11th or 12th year of the game? What a joke.

sorry to be cuntish and brutal about it but I really don't think we can afford to listen to the older members of the community for the 5000th time and expect that their ideas and suggestions have somehow changed

These threads are starting to sound the same now. It's always veteran players that keep telling everyone that the only and proper way to fix MB2 is to go back to [Insert Favourite Patch here].

You sound just like Tylenol and really should see what Firestrike posted about the generalizing the opinions of veteran players.

I still read these forums from time to time and there is this stigmatized, irrational mentality that the vets who still post on this forum are extremely biased, don't know what they're talking about, or have no idea what is good for the game. Most of the vets I've seen post are not crying for their [Insert Favorite Patch Here] to be reverted back to live - they already know it's too far gone for that. It's also just not possible or realistic anymore. They simply explain where the game went wrong and debate how to move forward.

You're validating everything he is saying about this negative stigma about older vets. I completely agree with SeV here, your posts are worded more to divide than to contribute, whether that is your intention or not. Is there some sort of unspoken rule that you avoid what the vets are saying instead of embracing the discussion with rational facts?

Last edited:
Defiled, some people like pizza with pineapples and others find it disgusting. You and people you listed think that NB is the way forward, but not everyone agrees with that and argument that old and experienced players like it so others also must is bad. There is a stigma to vets because those vets that stayed are often cunts. Also, posts by them take up a large chunk of total posts and they are the most vocal part of the community. Because they are the most vocal they have the biggest influence on the mod. If mod sucks it's partially their fault. Newer players don't post much on the forum because their opinions are ridiculed as demonstrated many times by those vets. Any new player seeing that happen won't post because his opinion will most likely be shunned in favor of the vet. Thanks to that new players are underrepresented part of the community.

Aside from all the pointless drama

I still deeply regret I don't have footage of me dueling in RC1 and RC3P3 and the oldest footage I have is from a 'bad' patch that doesn't properly represent the awesomeness of dueling.

Well... there is this, not sure if that's the right version though, from the weird block animation spam I suppose it is?
I'm actually really curious what made those version so good :p

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
Aside from all the pointless drama

Well... there is this, not sure if that's the right version though, from the weird block animation spam I suppose it is?
I'm actually really curious what made those version so good :p

Block animation and flow made RC1 one of the best, most fun builds for me, along with the fact that I was involved in some good community stuff back then.

Here are two dueling videos from RC1 by a guy that was around mid-tier? I say it's a shame because I was so far above them in RC1 dueling, so I would've like to have had some footage from back then with the few ppl who could put up a fight.

Block animation and flow made RC1 one of the best
From what I see the blocks trigger instant swings when colliding? Quite interesting, well if you do want Footage from those i'm always up to go back in time to duel in that Build xD

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
From what I see the blocks trigger instant swings when colliding? Quite interesting, well if you do want Footage from those i'm always up to go back in time to duel in that Build xD

Yeah saber collisions triggered a block animation from which you could flow into an attack. I enjoyed that and played with a very facehuggy style back then, just total bulldozer mode and it was quite fun to be able to brute force like that. It's been a long time though, so I only remember vague impressions.

Maybe if the next patch is good and I do a few vids, we can go back and do that. I think it would be interesting to contrast that with the new builds so people can see how much has changed, but yeah, I'm not really burning to record vids right at this moment.

Defiled, some people like pizza with pineapples and others find it disgusting. You and people you listed think that NB is the way forward, but not everyone agrees with that and argument that old and experienced players like it so others also must is bad. There is a stigma to vets because those vets that stayed are often cunts. Also, posts by them take up a large chunk of total posts and they are the most vocal part of the community. Because they are the most vocal they have the biggest influence on the mod. If mod sucks it's partially their fault. Newer players don't post much on the forum because their opinions are ridiculed as demonstrated many times by those vets. Any new player seeing that happen won't post because his opinion will most likely be shunned in favor of the vet. Thanks to that new players are underrepresented part of the community.
dead. fucking. on

round of applause for this geezer