Make classic dotf playable again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had already argued why that was untrue, 3 times. We've had this happen several times in the past, and evidence as such. When a map gets removed, people download and play. DOTF is the exception to that rule for the last 10 years. People stopped doing it. Your argument for why it was the exception was that the community was toxic untrustworthy, and lazy when that previously wasn't the case. I countered with one of the things that has changed in recent years which helped to gain that perception.

The amount of reports I have gotten in the last few months of tR people going on other severs and mass TKing in order to get people to quit a server shove people to tR servers is more than I have complaints for that particular thing in the past 5 years. You wonder why people won't do what you say they should be doing? Because of your clan mates actions. I am countering your argument with an example of why the thing you says happens happens. Instead of having an actual counter to that, because you don't have one, you fell into the fallacy fallacy trap claiming ad-hominem.
you say all the time that individual reports from community members are not a good representation of what the community actually believes, which is why you negate forum polls and discord complaints when they criticize the dev team or the current patch. i guess that same logic does not apply when people complain about tR?

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
i guess that same logic does not apply when people complain about tR?

Why do you think we haven't acted and took tR off of the master server list for a rule 3 violation? Cmon dude stop being disingenuous. We do treat everything the same. We're not doing something special here. Doesn't mean I can't bring it up.

I'm lost at this point so here's some of my last questions
Will you ever add old dotf back in the next year?
If not, why and will you ever?

How do you think we can get more servers to willingly transfer to different maps and not just ds,dotf,lunarbase?

Edit:
or just save this whole argument and confirm that dotf classic will be readded next patch

Also I'm curious, is there any player that actually exists who DOES NOT WANT old dotf back? I mean come on, talk about 'power to the players' @Stassin or was it @Defiant who said that. idk there's too many devs, yall need to fire one by next week thanks

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
No philosophical opposition. From my perspective the two elements that would need to be fixed for it to be readded are the catwalk and the pit.

Also I'm curious, is there any player that actually exists who DOES NOT WANT old dotf back? I mean come on, talk about 'power to the players' @Stassin or was it @Defiant who said that. idk there's too many devs, yall need to fire one by next week thanks
excuse me friend check the images i posted on page 2 of this thread

excuse me friend check the images i posted on page 2 of this thread
Thanks.
No philosophical opposition. From my perspective the two elements that would need to be fixed for it to be readded are the catwalk and the pit.
Thanks. I agree partially. Catwalk was fun, pit was useless

Also I know this has been said a million times, but really @MaceMadunusus ?
I think holding back old dotf for a week or two for people to see and play dotf2 is fine, but now just because a few trolls (which this game is littered with obviously) bothered you, you now withhold it from the rest of the good community? not only have you fed the trolls ego and made them victorius, but now you've withheld the GOOD part of the community, and started a thing (or a thread) that will stick around forever now.

The worst part about it? old dotf won't come back for a while until this whole discussion has heated off, because the second the devlopers agree to put it back in, is when half the community will probably think "The devs gave in and gave up!" and the other half will still be sour this ever happened.

What I'm saying is now it won't probably be added back in because the developers probably think everyone will look at them like they gave up and somehow the community 'beat' the devs.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team

100% chance of it being readded in the next year, if the last round of iterations doesn't end up being better than the original and people still want the old one.

100% chance of it being readded in the next year, if the last round of iterations doesn't end up being better than the original and people still want the old one.
Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

Stassin

Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
because the community is so dead it can barely even populate a single duel server
many thanks for making it so people can only play on tR servers without getting mass tked, thus having to bear with the ambient toxicity, poor language, trashtalking on these servers, thus making all people who aren't angry teens feeling in their element, quit.

'100% chance of it being readded FOR A WHOLE YEAR, (because it takes that long for me to show just HOW MAD I am at the mean people), if the small group of trolls who purposefully probably did this doesn't change their ways and turns to the light side'
I don't mean the above in a disrespectful way, but really that's what's being said. 'I'm mad, so now the whole class gets to wait a year to take the test because BILLY OVER HERE messed everything up, even though the other 24 of you stayed quiet!'

many thanks for making it so people can only play on tR servers without getting mass tked, thus having to bear with the ambient toxicity, poor language, trashtalking on these servers, thus making all people who aren't angry teens feeling in their element, quit.
I agree TR is bad as far as toxic goes, but I think it's pretty low on the list on the 'killing the game' meter
I mean when TR joins another server or even it's own, it can get bad but it isn't really 'im leaving the game' bad

1795198.jpg

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Be careful, I was responding to your "In the next year" that doesn't mean it will take a year from now. Within the next year could be next week, it could be 2 months, it could be 8 months. Ya never know.

But either way, the last iteration, and that 4 month grace period I initially talked about would have already passed if people could not troll.

BWithin the next year could be next week, it could be 2 months, it could be 8 months. Ya never know.

AW YIS GUYS! Now we get to play 'guess when dev releases dotf' game. Which suitcase will you choose? the 'next week' door? Or the '8 month' door? Ya never know!!!!!!!!!!!

that 4 month grace period I initially talked about would have already passed if people could not troll.
I could literally set down 500,000$ cash to each player in this game just not to troll me, and guess what, I'd get trolled. Good luck asking for that. You're literally asking for the impossible.

you do realize we get daily mass TKers on deathstar, right? its not unique to any one server or clan. this community has a hefty amount of people who mass TK/troll, and they consistently target the most populated servers because that is where they will get the largest reaction. unless you think that the daily players we get on DS, which are recognized by all the DS regulars as known teamkillers, such as: wow, doorguardian, flossy, ect are all secretly tR members.

that is some alex jones level of woke you have going there my friend

you do realize we get daily mass TKers on deathstar, right? its not unique to any one server or clan. this community has a hefty amount of people who mass TK/troll,
I agree with Faux, I mean players sometimes troll with the TR nickname, but that's on their own accord and their own username.
85% of the mass trolls and TKers have all been the lame dudes with all yellow names or padawans
Edit: And I don't believe that pretty much any of those 85% are disguised TR's

I agree with Faux, I mean players sometimes troll with the TR nickname, but that's on their own accord and their own username.
85% of the mass trolls and TKers have all been the lame dudes with all yellow names or padawans
keep in mind this is coming from somebody who has been vocal against tR, and has said in previous posts that he ALWAYS avoids our server if he can help it. despite all of that, Blazer is still capable of being objective and understands that it is an issue that plagues the community as a whole, tR included.

Status
Not open for further replies.