From humble beginnings...

Found an archived page of the first open beta version of MB2, known simply as "Movie Battles" at the time, circa 2003.

'Movie Battles' has gone open Beta | LucasForums
LMS / classes gametype | LucasForums

You can still download the original files in the first link, it seems.

MB2 website from B19 (2007)

Damn. just realized some of the files are MB for JKJO! Is it possible to get this running on Jedi Outcast? All the files are downloadable, though it seems MB wasn't a standalone install and required extra assets that needed to be downloaded from external sources that are no longer around. I did however find what looks to be one of the first versions of MB2 (b15?). That version should work, right?

If your saber defense is at level 3, you can access a new style of saber fighting. This is achieved by holding down both left and right mouse buttons. The ready position will now be with the saber held above your head. (Except when standing still...)
To attack, let go of the right mouse button. Hold down the right mouse button again to stop.
Another way to attack is to TAP the right mouse button which, if timed correctly, can result in very fast, consecutive attacks.
Interesting as well.

Last edited:
Last edited:

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
Fun fact: Most MBII models are "ripped" from JKHub(

Actually, with permission from the original authors. Im not aware of any that have been added from outside the team in the last 8 years atleast (Could be wrong), but all those that asked for credit should be given it in the readme (Might be somewhere else)

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Im not aware of any that have been added from outside the team in the last 8 years atleast (Could be wrong)

There have definitely been outside models added within that time period. Such as the Ahsoka Tano hilt by AshuraDX. He has given us permission to use his stuff though (and more of his stuff will likely appear in the future if he keeps doing good work and allows us to use it).

Yeah that's what I meant, which is why I put quotations. You can't really rip a mod for the same game you intend to use it for.

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
Yes you can. You have copyright over your work. No one else can redistribute it without your permission.

Ah my bad, from my understanding "rip" is a term used when grabbing an asset from a video game.

There have definitely been outside models added within that time period. Such as the Ahsoka Tano hilt by AshuraDX. He has given us permission to use his stuff though (and more of his stuff will likely appear in the future if he keeps doing good work and allows us to use it).
I really wish I could play the first version of MB to see if the saber system is better or worse lol.

From my understanding, the 'realistic' saber fights has been a staple since the very beginning, so it'd be interesting to see the iterations it went through. I imagine it was a pretty simplified version of what we have now.

When did you guys start keeping back ups of your builds? iirc, you guys lost a lot of data during the great MB2 Dev War of 2014.

Yes you can. You have copyright over your work. No one else can redistribute it without your permission.
Isn't MB2 basically what keeps JKA a float in terms of relevancy? What other mod out there has as many people playing as MB2? Last I checked, JAplus is pretty dead

That being said, what other use do people's awesome 3D models have other than being used in MB2?

To many simply creating mods is enough to stick around, there's also KOTF, MD2, LugorMod and a plethora of other modding projects that many people play (not to mention base JKA is fun to fool around in for lots of people).