MovieBattles II Version 1.5.1 Released

mb2_logo_1.png
General

• Fix: Killing younglings on Jedi Temple will no longer cause the client to drop with a Sound Error
  • Fix: Saber clashes will no longer cause large FPS drops and flickering models
  • Fix: Block Indicator will no longer crash servers by consuming too many Temporary Entities
  • Fix: Fixed a bug where Force Choke would instantly cancel after a server had been on the same map for a length of time exceeding approximately four hours
  • Fix: T21 will no longer badly clip the Deathtrooper model whilst holstered
  • Fix: Projectile Rifle will no longer badly clip on Nien Nunb whilst holstered
Gameplay
  • Change: Bowcaster level 3's rate of fire slightly reduced, level 2 rate of fire slightly increased.
  • Fix: Regular bowcaster shots no longer get the perks of charged shots.
Duel Mode
  • Change: Modified the default values for duel mode respawn timer cvars: g_DuelMidRoundRespawnTimerInitial from 15s to 20s, g_DuelMidRoundRespawnTimerNoLives from 20s to 10s, g_DuelMidRoundRespawnTimerNoLivesIncrement from 20s to 5s.
  • Change: The models of player's joining mid-round will now respect the defer model loading cvar. When this cvar is set the lag from players joining should be significantly reduced.
Saber vs Saber Combat
  • Change: The crosshair now flashes yellow instead of green when the enemy has PBed you.
  • Change: Blocking while knocked down can no longer nullify force powers in the same way blocking while not knocked down does.
  • Change: Removed stagger effects from purple/dual/roll stab saber special moves.
  • Change: Prevented knockback special moves, as well as yellow DFA, cyan DFA and stabdown special moves, from hitting more than once unless the opponent attacks into them.
  • Change: Reduced BP regen on Perfect Blocks from 8 to 4.
  • Change: Medium styles level 2 cost reduced from 4 to 2.
  • Change: Staff AP reduced from 10 to 9.
  • Change: Staff BP reduced from 70 to 65.
  • Change: Cyan AP reduced from 9 to 8.
  • Change: Cyan chaining direction restriction loosened from 3 quadrants minimum to 2 quadrants minimum.
  • Change: Purple swing speeds increased from 1.0x to 1.1x.
  • Change: Purple AP reduced from 16 to 15 and Purple BP increased from 45 to 46.
  • Change: Blue AP reduced from 75 to 70.
  • Change: Red AP reduced from 20 to 19 and Red BP increased from 40 to 42.
  • Change: Additional multiplier for BP damage taken while jumping reduced from 1.3x to 1.1x.
  • Change: Multipliers for BP damage taken: while blocking and getting interrupted, Changed from 1.2x to 1.15x; while not blocking and not getting interrupted, Changed from 1.4x to 1.3x; while not blocking and getting interrupted, Changed from 1.6x to 1.45x.
  • Change: Counters off of blocking animations are now allowed for the whole duration of the blocking animations, instead of only allowing them at their end and locking any attack input before that.
  • Remove: Removed fast MBlock counter, because due to the Change above they become completely instantaneous.
  • Change: Blocking animations now last 200ms instead of 150ms.
  • Change: Counters off of blocking animations without any movement input are now possible and perform a forward halfswing.
  • Change: BP drains for parrying now don't occur with or against special moves.
  • Fix: Defence 0 will no longer earn BP from perfect blocks.
  • Fix: Fixed dual users with right hand saber thrown away causing enemies not to bounce off of exchanged parries with them.
  • Fix: Prevented cartwheel special moves from bodyhitting enemies (but they can still parry attacks for their duration).
  • Fix: S inputs for Mblock will no longer work vs all swings
Models
  • Added: Hux with Coat as Commander
  • Added: Basic Deathtrooper as Commander
Guns
  • Fix: With dual wield pistols the left handed blaster will now have a muzzle flash.
  • Fix: Firing dual wield pistols in first person will no longer cause a frame rate drop.
  • Added: cg_lessGunMotion when set to 1 the visual amount of weapon drift in first person is reduced.
  • Added: cg_DrawPainEffects when set to 0 the flash and camera kick when getting shot in first person is removed - does not apply when scoped.
  • Added: cg_noCrosshairWhenAttacking when set to 1 the crosshair will be turned off whilst firing your blaster until the next time a shot can be fired.
Changed Files:
Code:
cgamei386.so
jampgamei386.so
MB_Effects.pk3
MBAssets3.pk3
MBII.pk3
MBII_Mac.pk3
mb2_cmp_assets3.pk3
mb2_um_assets3.pk3
uii386.so
OpenJK Server Files

Last edited:

Fang

Donator
i feel nothing with this patch tbh - im sure its decent for saberists

Last edited:

k4far

Banned
Donator
:)
  • Change: The crosshair now flashes yellow instead of green when the enemy has PBed you.
  • Change: Blocking while knocked down can no longer nullify force powers in the same way blocking while not knocked down does.
  • Change: Removed stagger effects from purple/dual/roll stab saber special moves.
- Why?
  • Change: Additional multiplier for BP damage taken while jumping reduced from 1.3x to 1.1x.
LOL
  • Remove: Removed fast MBlock counter, because due to the Change above they become completely instantaneous.
- So MBlock counter got removed completely?
- If you block it will take you longer to start attacking? Is it not going in the direction of swing spam meta tho? Blocking should be really responsive and as I understand this change forces you to be stuck in blocking stance longer.
  • Fix: Fixed dual users with right hand saber thrown away causing enemies not to bounce off of exchanged parries with them.
- Finally, it was gay.

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
:)
- Why?
Which part are you asking why to?
LOL
ok.
- So MBlock counter got removed completely?
Yes.
- If you block it will take you longer to start attacking? Is it not going in the direction of swing spam meta tho? Blocking should be really responsive and as I understand this change forces you to be stuck in blocking stance longer.
You can attack at any point during the block anim.

k4far

Banned
Donator
@Tempest

and you seem confused about this one below:
You are basically buffing jumping ninja people who midair backwhack, so "LOL".

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
The cost increase was originally done alongside stat inflation for Staff/Duals, AFAIK.

ive just played this and i must say its a step backwards

what on earth is going on with counters and shit? what do the blocking animation changes even mean literally ??????

Stassin

Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
ive just played this and i must say its a step backwards

what on earth is going on with counters and shit? what do the blocking animation changes even mean literally ??????
Yeah it indeed bugs out sometimes but not that often. Sometimes you get locked in the blocking anim like before, and sometimes there isn't even a blocking anim played (when you get interrupted while holding attack).

Yeah it indeed bugs out sometimes but not that often. Sometimes you get locked in the blocking anim like before, and sometimes there isn't even a blocking anim played (when you get interrupted while holding attack).
I still just wish all the blocking anims/collisions or whatever else got changed 'feel wise' from 1.4.9 to 1.5 would get reverted. It just feels so weird and It's almost impossible to describe without just playing them side by side. It's not like its a subtle thing either, there really is this huge change in how clunky the game now feels.

I havent been playing much mb2 recently because of that and now MBC is removed i'm just like O _ O cba anymore

sometimes eversince this new patch when i try to enter a map (mostly Tatooine) it takes me back to the main menu and says "MAX_PATCH_PLANES"

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
I coded this. It was completely self-indulgent and based on a theory of how it might improve my life as a gunner a little bit. I think it did!

(I tried playing without a crosshair and felt an improvement in certain situations but a disadvantage in other situations and figured this could be the best middle ground.)
(I also coded the other stuff in the Guns section, and identified the code source of the Godcaster bug tho I wasn't technically the one to fix it.)

Last edited:
I coded this. It was completely self-indulgent and based on a theory of how it might improve my life as a gunner a little bit. I think it did!

(I tried playing without a crosshair and felt an improvement in certain situations but a disadvantage in other situations and figured this could be the best middle ground.)
(I also coded the other stuff in the Guns section, and identified the code source of the Godcaster bug tho I wasn't technically the one to fix it.)
i mean the description in the changelog is incomprehensible
can you rephrase what it does?

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Here's the way I'd wanted that changelog note written:
Added: cg_noCrosshairWhenAttacking. Default 0. When set to 1, turns off crosshair while attacking, except with lightsaber or rockets.

But I didn't write my version of the patchnotes and send em to Defiant when I should've so he ended up writing his own. :(
Fix: Bowcaster 3 regular shots are no longer partially charged, and no longer ignore distance when calculating FP drains.

Fix: The left-hand dual pistol now has a working muzzle flash in first person. As a result, dual pistols no longer cause framerate drops when firing in first person.

Added: cg_lessGunMotion. Default 0. When set to 1, eliminates first person viewmodel "idle drift" and halves first person viewmodel bobbing (from movement).

Added: cg_DrawPainEffects. Default 1. When set to 0, prevents first person pain effects (color flashes, camera jolts) except when scoped.

Added: cg_noCrosshairWhenAttacking. Default 0. When set to 1, turns off crosshair while attacking, except with lightsaber or rockets.

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader

With it turned on, when you shoot the crosshair disappears, the crosshair only reappears when you the gun is able to shoot again. The second part is most noticeable with the disruptor

reConfigured

Movie Battles II Team
This is just aids.
:/

How so? Words help identify the aids. And with the aids-identifying words we can then begin to treat the aids. But without those words, aids will run rampant and people will die. Help us, Obi Karus... you're our only hope.

Joking aside though, what don't you like about it? Anything in specific? I'm only now back from vacation, so I'm about to try the changes/fixes out for myself.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5707

edit: In my opinion, you should revert the current dueling system to the previous patch. I felt it was much smoother and honestly more skillful. Also, fix the reinhardtesque jedi/sith running around tanking shots like crazy (fix fp drains by making them a lot higher than they are now). Everything else is perfect except for what I just mentioned and Droideka being a class. Lmfao, you gotta remove that class for sure. Also the pb visual glitch should be fixed mang.

edit: Why is this build for dueling based on counters? That's stupid in my opinion. I like how pblocking is still a main focus but countering definitely should not be as important as it is now.

Last edited by a moderator:

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
and what the fuck is this shit about knowing the pb crosshair glitch was a problem and releasing it anyways... what are you guys, stupid?

TIL an easily avoidable PB indicator visual glitch is more important than fixing duel mode model hitching, saber clash hitching, force grip borking itself after a period of time, bowcaster OPness, etc. Sorry we wanted those fixes out ASAP. I'm so sorry we failed you community.