FFA MODE

I know it's probably been mentioned a million times but I don't see why not, I know you're busy with all the shit your currently fixing but nothing would be more fun than 32 people all out to kill each other. Regardless i'd just like to hear the opinions on it.

Torlo50

Internal Beta Team
This would, as far as I know, require a re-do of all them maps (spawning at least) to be even slightly feasible, and any FFA would need to be the same classes,otherwise it would be completely imbalanced. I actually liked Semi-Authentic, but only played it a couple of times before it was removed for it mostly being empty and no one playing it. At first, if this was implemented, everyone would play a few rounds, just to try it out, but I think it would be dead quite fast. Almost no servers are going to host it, and having more servers to pay for from the official servers helps no one.

Not including any effort put into this would take time and energy of the mappers, when there is already a back-log of issues being worked on. Not including the coding (though that ultimately might be terribly difficult, since part of the code already exists.

Honestly, would you prefer this for gunners, jedi/sith, or both @Haddon70 ? Each has their own separate issues, and besides, if you want just jedi/sith, it would be just like duel mode, with slightly different settings.

This would, as far as I know, require a re-do of all them maps (spawning at least) to be even slightly feasible, and any FFA would need to be the same classes,otherwise it would be completely imbalanced. I actually liked Semi-Authentic, but only played it a couple of times before it was removed for it mostly being empty and no one playing it. At first, if this was implemented, everyone would play a few rounds, just to try it out, but I think it would be dead quite fast. Almost no servers are going to host it, and having more servers to pay for from the official servers helps no one.

Not including any effort put into this would take time and energy of the mappers, when there is already a back-log of issues being worked on. Not including the coding (though that ultimately might be terribly difficult, since part of the code already exists.

Honestly, would you prefer this for gunners, jedi/sith, or both @Haddon70 ? Each has their own separate issues, and besides, if you want just jedi/sith, it would be just like duel mode, with slightly different settings.

It's perfect in base JKA, it takes time but could easily be done in MB2 but yeah like you said maps are an issue at least spawning wise but its not like JKA is lacking in maps, spawns could be changed on certain maps and someone could always make one. Yeah it would consist of both gunners and Jedi but time and effort is the most obvious issue but be honest they couldn't fuck up much more these days lol. Anyway it was just a thought, personally i think it would be fun but like everything it will have its issues.

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
Base JKA has equivalent starting stats/access to all abilities. Only possible issues come from where you spawn on the map relative to where stronger weapons/pick-ups are. So many issues just from that last point that would come up from trying to do anything similar to base JKA FFA/TFFA with MB2 stuff.

Hexodious

Movie Battles II Team
I am pretty against FFA mode as I used to play forcemod 3 before mb2 and it was ruined by FFA rp servers. It was amazing while it was ffa, then it was crap.