•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Launcher Launcher Issues

I've made a clean reinstall of JA and downloaded the launcher off of the official site, however whenever I run the launcher it prompts me to locate GameData so I do so (as I own the steam edition), at this point it asks me if i want to download the 3.0.1 version of the launcher, but when selecting yes nothing pops up and im left with a MBII_Launcher folder with an empty cache folder inside, is this normal?

k4far

Banned
Donator
Try running repair (option in Launcher's settings).

Make sure Launcher and AutoUpdate.exe are not being blocked by antivirus. Try deleting PatchStatus.xml and %localappdata%/Movie_Battles_Team.

I cannot fully access the launcher without declining the prompt of updating to 3.0.1, and even then it does not allow me to access the settings as it's not up to date. My firewall and antivirus are both completely turned off but I'm still greeted with a window saying AutoUpdate.exe has stopped working, as far as I can see there is no PatchStatus.xml file and deleting Movie_Battles_Team does nothing

k4far

Banned
Donator
Please try the following:

k4far

Banned
Donator
Still the same result, AutoUpdate.exe has stopped working. Are other people getting this same problem too?

Not that many. Try running AutoUpdate.exe directly from inside of folder then deleting AutoUpdate.exe if nothing happens (Launcher should fetch a new one if it's missing).

My brother's getting the same issue, AutoUpdate.exe crashing upon trying to update the launcher. Presumably this won't be an issue once the newest version of the launcher is uploaded, but it'd be nice to find a real fix.

k4far

Banned
Donator
We actually want the old launcher and let it to update itself to new version. What seems to be crashing is the newest version from download section on the website here. I had issue like this and it would keep crashing until I replaced NEW launcher with the old one that I had a copy of back then (it would update itself with no issues and start working).

Would you mind linking the launcher version you're talking about if that's a valid "fix"? I would search for it myself but I want to make sure that I'm getting the right one to update

k4far

Banned
Donator
Would you mind linking the launcher version you're talking about if that's a valid "fix"? I would search for it myself but I want to make sure that I'm getting the right one to update

I have already updated old version not the old version that requires updating I can send it to you but probably won't change a thing if that's the case.
Here, try it: Uploadfiles.io - MBIILauncher.exe

After a day I seem to have found a temporary solution (not too sure yet as I'm writing this, many things are happening) but after downloading the newest windows update, reinstalling JA and then placing all of the files into the gamedata folder then opening the launcher seems to have worked, right now the launcher is open and updating to 1.5 as I speak, please take note of your windows version as downloading the april update seemed to have worked for me.