Launcher Update Released

mb2_logo_1.png
Today we have released an update to the MBII Launcher with the following features and bug fixes. If any problems arise please check this thread for trouble shooting tips or asks in the support section or on discord - Launcher Update - What to Expect

• New: Patch engine has been rewritten to be more reliable and tolerant to errors
  • Fix: The "Not Enough Free Space" bug should no longer appear. In the event this is not fixed the user will have the option to override the check and install anyway
  • Fix: Fixed a bug where Steam Integration could not be disabled when Steam was not installed in the default location.
  • Fix: Launcher can now be properly restored when minimised on a Windows 10 System
  • Change: There is now only one installation type. There is no longer a "partial" installation.

If you have trouble with the installation please try the following:
  • Download http://update.moviebattles.org/launcher/AutoUpdate.exe and save it to the current location of your MBIILauncher (Most likely this is your game data folder). Run this with Administrator Priviledges
  • If this does not work Download http://update.moviebattles.org/launcher/MBIILauncher.zip and extract the files to the current location of your MBIILauncher (Most likely in your GameData folder) and when prompted over write.
  • It may be necessary to temporarily disable your anti-virus application during the installation. Please remember to enable it afterwards and if necessary white list MBIILauncher.exe
  • If you are having problems with Settings not saving, restoring, the minimiser not working or the updated Launcher crashing browse to %localappdata% (Either through the run dialog or by typing it into Windows Explorer's address bar) and deleting the Movie_Battles_Team folder. Its probably a good idea to back this up first.
  • Minimiser Not Working - Go into Settings and ensure your minimise hot key is set. Close Settings. Close Launcher. Reload launcher. DO NOT OPEN THE SETTINGS MENU. Launch Game and Minimise should work.

Last edited:
@Defiant It is working for me now. Out of nowhere. I´ve downloaded manually launcher to Gamedata\MB2 launcher folder, validated game and restarted computer. And it is now working lol :D

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
I have updated the first post with a workaround for the Minimiser. Please let me know if this works and i'll get a code fix for the scenario pushed out.

Ok, so I still got this.

************** Texte de l'exception **************
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Accès refusé //Access denied
à System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
à System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
à AutoUpdate.Form1.UpdateWorker_RunWorkerCompleted(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)

And once again, I can't make a copy paste of the Launcher again, saying I don't have enough rights...

@Defiant

Windows tells me an exception has been detected. Then I can't do anything with the launcher files.

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
Is the AutoUpdater running as an administrator? That error message means exactly what it says. Access Denied when trying to load the new Launcher

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
Something is blocking it from running. Are both MBIILauncher.exe and MBII_Patcher.dll present. What happens if you try and run MBIILauncher.exe independently

I tried them outside the gamedata folder, and inside the gamedata folder.
Also now I got this:

System.Net.WebException: Impossible de se connecter au serveur distant ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Une tentative d’accès à un socket de manière interdite par ses autorisations d’accès a été tentée 104.27.159.35:80 //Tried to access a socket in a forbidden manner at 104.27.159.35:30
à System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
à System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int32 timeout, Exception& exception)
--- Fin de la trace de la pile d'exception interne ---
à System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataInternal(Uri address, WebRequest& request)
à System.Net.WebClient.DownloadData(Uri address)
à MBII_Patcher.Patcher..ctor(Uri , String , Int32 , IMBIIPatchUI )
à !\,8`%uT\&)M:%4b=7\[HV@2s-:.‎‮‍‮‫‮‭‎‪‬‭‪‫‬‬‭‫‮‭‌‫‫‪‮‮()
à !\,8`%uT\&)M:%4b=7\[HV@2s-:.‏‭‎‬‪‬‍‮‎‭‏‬‎‫‍‬‎‌‫‍‎‪‍‮(Object , EventArgs )
à System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
à !\,8`%uT\&)M:%4b=7\[HV@2s-:.‌‌‮‌‍‮‮‫‍‭‮‏‮‎‫‎‪‪‫‎‫‬‍‮(Message& )
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Ran the autoupdate file in admin mode, antivirus deactivated, outside the gamedata folder

Last edited:
@Defiant I didn't install the last big windows update, and it keeps reminding me to install it. Could this be the problem ? I don't think it could, but I don't know why I can't make that launcher work, I never had any problem like this before with anything

@Defiant I didn't install the last big windows update, and it keeps reminding me to install it. Could this be the problem ? I don't think it could, but I don't know why I can't make that launcher work, I never had any problem like this before with anything
Your issue seem to be related to a connection issue, did you check your wifi/router/firewall ? Or maybe the connection is being blocked on the receiving end but that's highly doubtful.

I noticed it was a connection issue, but I have no problem with that. I don't know why it's doing that. I don't see any reason.

Got new launcher and can't find out how to save my settings. I selected the MB2 engine instead of jamp and when I click X it doesn't save it and I don't see a save button.

For people who has a problem with their launcher it is a simple fix.
  • Just simple go to GameData File
  • Then scroll down to where you see reset_mbii_launcher
  • It will show you a prompt to reset the MBII launcher
  • Afterwards reset it
  • Reinstall the files
  • Finally press play

please help, I tried installing the launcher, and it told me I had to update it. I clicked yes and it started to install, but it immediatly displayed an error message.

Hello , I am having some issues since the last patch , one with the launcher and one in game ; the first one is quite annoying because it occurs every time , every time I launch the launcher since last update I need to redownload the update , character models and such when I already did download it , the first time it happened to me I thought this was another patch to fix some issues already but no I was just redownloading , it happens every time I launch it and probably when I restart the computer the launcher redownload everything again ..

The second issue is in game I have some stutters on map that I didn't have before at all and seems to occur randomly on some map areas (I have a good pc and play MBII since around 2 years and a half and never had this problem)

Thank you for reading , and thank you For Movie Battles II One of the Funniest and amazing game I ever played !

In hope of a fix ,

The Eternal Just DEW it xd