Making New Content is Pointless Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah this is how I feel. I don't care if you don't like the map fine. However, probably 60% of our maps are perfectly playable and fun as well as not being laggy and balanced enough to be acceptable. I personally enjoy a good chunk of our levels. And I have things I like/dislike about my own maps. Just like I do with things others have made. Of course none of it is perfect, not even my own stuff and I wish I had more time to go back and redo a lot of older stuff but I don't. I just don't understand the rest of the communities intolerance I guess is the word? If you don't like the map, stay for a bit and play with the people and the rest of the classes and play the parts of mb2 you do enjoy that transfer everywhere. There are certainly maps I don't like and don't want to play as often but I'm not gonna disconnect because a group of people does.

I loaded Your new DOTF map and checked in the console the r_showtris 1 - how you used VIS.. And not only map is beautiful to look at - It is optimalized Amazingly. The room loads only if we open the doors so you used areaportals, when we walk through corridor rest of the map disapears from render to just make it optimalized... This sure was hell to make it work like that.

The marked fat font - A laggy unplayable map which is no fun at all... no of course not. Most of maps for this mod is great and ok - some are amazingly well done. To be 100% sure i didnt mean that maps arent playable. All of them are - sure there are some issues like some maps are better in visuals than the others or maps are mazes.. objectives doesnt work well or they are just ignored. But maps are playable. I mean people look on Mace's account on youtube and check his livestream where he just making changes to lunarbase... this is passion of modding .. but not easy job. I respect them as the hard work.. even with issues in some of them. I think i have only one map that i srlsy hate. I didnt like the imperial comm tower but after many rounds i liked it .

There is only one map i hate .. it is Tantive IV map with the R2 . But i dont call it complete garbage or crap or something that needs to be removed. It should be fixed yeah.. the objective should be changed or should be different. Map is a maze even with the minimap i just lose my mind. And.. those.. killing .. elevators.. Yeah i know some people troll other players with those but they are just.. out of place for me. Dont know how Battlefront classic made it right but i never lost there on this level.

Last edited:
Normally I would agree with that image, Chaos. If this thread was just some random complaining, then I wouldn't care. But when we have devs posting in the thread supporting this type of change, and Mace shit-talking non-RTV servers in the MB2 discord, then I feel it's worth addressing. Especially when you consider these quotes from Mace:
[12:23 AM] MaceMadunusus: nah fuck those cancer servers
[12:23 AM] MaceMadunusus: theyve been harming mb2 for years
[12:24 AM] AWhiteElephant: I'm sorry, but you can't tell server owners what they can and can't do.
[12:24 AM] AWhiteElephant: They pay for the servers.
[12:24 AM] MaceMadunusus: Uhm
[12:24 AM] MaceMadunusus: giving the community the power to play on what map they want > server owner map preference
[12:24 AM] MaceMadunusus: fucking sorry
[12:24 AM] MaceMadunusus: get over yourselves
(...later...)
[12:35 AM] eezstreet: people could get around it with just deleting maps off their server anyway
[12:35 AM] MaceMadunusus: not if we make that a part of the master server TOS
It's pretty obvious that Mace has personal issues with certain clans/servers, and this topic is being used as a means to justify trying to hurt the populations of said servers. What's going on here (at least with Mace) is pretty clear. An angry dev using a bullshit premise to hurt servers that he has a personal problem with. When I mentioned this, Mace immediately banned two of my accounts from the Discord and deleted all of their messages. Wouldn't be surprised if he deletes this post too instead of admitting what his real end-goal is. Doesn't exactly sound good for him to admit that he is considering implementing a community wide change that will affect every server over a personal vendetta he harbors.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Just because I have dev tag, doesn't mean I am always saying things like "we are going to do it X way" or that we "need to do it x way". We arent suddenly going to go make this feature any time soon, or do the rule for the master list. It is just a statement of what COULD be done.

There is only one map i hate .. it is Tantive IV map with the R2 . But i dont call it complete garbage or crap or something that needs to be removed. It should be fixed yeah.. the objective should be changed or should be different. Map is a maze

Yeah tantive needs some help.

Last edited:
'Eff your noise!

It's 2018 you god damn mofos. In this day and age why are we still talking about what could be? What about what should be?

There is a substantial under-represented portion of the community that cries out for change! Women. That's right. Women.I march for women!
I swear, it's like a sausage fest with our skin selection and even our player base.

I have a dream, that one day, there will be a Female Darth Vader skin! That one day, C-3poopoo will be less gay and more lesbiany!
You and your pitiful ruminations over server maps? A pox on your loins! Be woman!

This is the dream!

Make MB2 Great Again!!

Just because I have dev tag, doesn't mean I am always saying things like "we are going to do it X way" or that we "need to do it x way". We arent suddenly going to go make this feature any time soon, or do the rule for the master list. It is just a statement of what COULD be done.

Yeah tantive needs some help.
The map itself is great and I love the layout with many corridors (You can be sneaky peaky) it's just that the obj is shit and ripe for trolling, even worse than jabba

eezstreet

Movie Battles II Team Retired
I'd just like to point out for the sake of argument that AOD New Player Haven has been consistently >10 players all day, and hasn't been on DOTF. At noon Eastern US time, it was on BOC,with 12/32 players. At 4pm Eastern US time, it was on BOC, with 16/32 players. Now, at 9:30 PM, it is on Mustafar, with 32/32 players. Another NA server, Initium Novum| NA, is at 10/30 players on mb2_cmp_deltaprime. Meanwhile, Pandemonium has been empty all day, and tR Deathstar has been fluctuating in playercount. So, I don't totally buy the argument that other maps aren't played, nor do I buy the argument that people can't migrate to other maps.

Well .. actually saying -
fuck those servers
is an opinion not and act of stopping server owners. Even if for my taste a little rude it is still an opinion.

I hope this community will not fall apart with posting battles... maybe i am not familiar with these kind of situation like - removing some comments or calling someones intrest as crap.. i always pay attention on my language on forums. We are adults and yeah we have different opinions and we can even dont like each others words and characters. I for example hope that my words are worth simething even if i am not member for a long time - i made acount here about month ago.
I would rather encourage for understanding and peace.. no fight or rude words to each other mostly because we are part of this community - you are a part of it for a long long time - some of you i believe from the begining.

I'd just like to point out for the sake of argument that AOD New Player Haven has been consistently >10 players all day, and hasn't been on DOTF. At noon Eastern US time, it was on BOC,with 12/32 players. At 4pm Eastern US time, it was on BOC, with 16/32 players. Now, at 9:30 PM, it is on Mustafar, with 32/32 players. Another NA server, Initium Novum| NA, is at 10/30 players on mb2_cmp_deltaprime. Meanwhile, Pandemonium has been empty all day, and tR Deathstar has been fluctuating in playercount. So, I don't totally buy the argument that other maps aren't played, nor do I buy the argument that people can't migrate to other maps.

"This outlying data point disproves your claim that's based on the statistical average! Watch as I invalidate your entire theory with statistically accounted for outlying examples!"

This tactic you're using is old as dirt. I'm looking at averages here. If we had the actual ratios for maps played per player over time per region per server we'd clearly see that both Deathstar and DotF are the most popular maps, and the servers that host them exclusively 24/7 are the most popular in the US region by a hugely disproportionate amount.

Again, tell me why I'm wrong when I say 24/7 servers are terrible for the game, for the community, and for the developers. If we both agree that they're terrible in all these different ways like you've admitted, then we shouldn't be arguing on such fundamental points anymore, but rather focusing in on solutions.

Last edited:
I already start to get bored of this game

The same players always play, there are many trolls and elitists
The same old maps and the classes are so unbalanced,

And it's very frustrating that you're killed by your own team or that the same mando camper shoots you you in the back while you're still facing a sith / jedi

This game has been fun for me but it's getting to frighten me more than having fun
That's why I already uninstalled it
And I think many players also leave the game because they get frustrated a lot

A pity since this mod had potential to be something bigger than it is

And it's very frustrating that you're killed by your own team or that the same mando camper shoots you you in the back while you're still facing a sith / jedi

This game has been fun for me but it's getting to frighten me more than having fun

For elite players i will say - if they fight newcomers .. help them. Dont let them feel like they are worst players. Teach or show some new things. I didnt know how to use minigun and asked.. someones first comment - Dlc 5$ ... it would be bad if 3-4 people would write the same thing. But i get my answer in the next comment.

The same people i dont know why is .. that an issue. I will understand trolls as time wasters or toxic people who are rude .. misogynist or swearing a lot at people. These players = no fun.

With maps there is a bigger problem. Making a total fixes would take a ton of work. Dont know how many map creators are in dev team. But if there are at least 5 of them i think it would be possible if our forum would be organised with feedback. Even devmap <map you think is horribly bad> and make topic with comments - i think this should be fixed or hack should take longer etc. But we shouldbt forget that this mod is not anyones real job (money job)

Classes have been fixed i believe. There will be an update for them as i read somewhere on the forums. Omg coding i will bet takes a llooooooong time ... withpit any screwing things up... i am rly sorry the most for coders... even the smallest change in the game that is criticize .. well the whole work is wasted.

There are problems with the mod in some places but .. come on.... peopl here try to fix them. Look for horrible companies like EA and Dice with battlefront where they completely SHIET on playerbase feedback suggestions and questions....
Gaming lately is depressing... seeing this mod playing this mod with a community of creators who were ready to spent their lifetime.. free time to make an amazing acheivment like this??? Well i mus say it.. Fuck yes

I agree man, and I don't blame you at all for uninstalling the game, in fact I praise you. I think the games community is it's downfall because new players join and the toxicity and trash players just completely draw away anyone from this game like above.

For example the other day I was playing on TR Deathstar and some white name teamkilled me every round and every time he got high on tk points he just asked an admin to reset his points and they did. I tried telling the admins and they didn't listen. I just stopped playing after about 6 rounds of that because there were no other servers.

I agree man, and I don't blame you at all for uninstalling the game, in fact I praise you. I think the games community is it's downfall because new players join and the toxicity and trash players just completely draw away anyone from this game like above.

For example the other day I was playing on TR Deathstar and some white name teamkilled me every round and every time he got high on tk points he just asked an admin to reset his points and they did. I tried telling the admins and they didn't listen. I just stopped playing after about 6 rounds of that because there were no other servers.
I have a suggestion for team killing - friendly fire in general. I would change it like this - people deal 50% lower amount of damage to teammate. If you will reach 150 tk points - your attack buttons doesnt work for 20 seconds and next attacks will give you even more points

eezstreet

Movie Battles II Team Retired
"This outlying data point disproves your claim that's based on the statistical average! Watch as I invalidate your entire theory with statistically accounted for outlying examples!"

This tactic you're using is old as dirt. I'm looking at averages here. If we had the actual ratios for maps played per player over time per region per server we'd clearly see that both Deathstar and DotF are the most popular maps, and the servers that host them exclusively 24/7 are the most popular in the US region by a hugely disproportionate amount.

Again, tell me why I'm wrong when I say 24/7 servers are terrible for the game, for the community, and for the developers. If we both agree that they're terrible in all these different ways like you've admitted, then we shouldn't be arguing on such fundamental points anymore, but rather focusing in on solutions.
I agree that they are bad for the game in general, but I disagree with the solution of forcing server hosts to run RTV.

I think this whole "other maps are shit" is just a trend started by a vocal minority over the years with everyone else repeating it as sheep afterwards. It wasn't like that before. Back in the day servers had large map rotations and everyone seemed to enjoy most of the maps, no whinings or one maps 24/7. Maps are great. Content is great and I'd always encourage all new players to experience the mod fully, not just one map / one mode all the time.
However, I'm not a fan of taking control away from server owners either. If they want their server to be on one map constantly, it's their right to do so since they're the ones paying, no matter wether the rest of us like that or not.
As someone said previously in the thread, simple solution is just to gather a few people and go on empty RTV/Rotation servers and populate them. Idk how it is in US but in EU it's ez. Just takes a little bit of patience.

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
I agree that they are bad for the game in general, but I disagree with the solution of forcing server hosts to run RTV.

What's the alternative? It's would have to be some kind of similar system to leave some control and ability to make the server stand out and still make sure that there is some map variety.

Maps are just terrain that block or enhance the player's ability to kill or survive.

Rather than force map changes where you typically have people leaving because they hate the next map(the real issue of rtv) and join a server with a map they do like, you should implement something that changes the landscape of an overplayed map.

Like winning a round, objectives and spawn points. (Yes, I am a genius. You can worship me from afar, little people.)

Milk that shit dry!

Ex. Dotf.
"The map that never quits no matter how many horses you beat to death."

Objectives matter:

If rebs successfully complete the objective by hacking for the win - Next round everyone starts at secondary spawns, moving the battle and changing the gameplay.

Or.

Multiple losses give rebs a handicap - they get to spawn in secondary spawn and all doors are open.

Shit like that can make gameplay less redundant.

Vote Chaos for President. I'll make Mb2 great again.
Donations are appreciated.

Maps are just terrain that block or enhance the player's ability to kill or survive.

Rather than force map changes where you typically have people leaving because they hate the next map(the real issue of rtv) and join a server with a map they do like, you should implement something that changes the landscape of an overplayed map.

Like winning a round, objectives and spawn points. (Yes, I am a genius. You can worship me from afar, little people.)

Milk that shit dry!

Ex. Dotf.
"The map that never quits no matter how many horses you beat to death."

Objectives matter:

If rebs successfully complete the objective by hacking for the win - Next round everyone starts at secondary spawns, moving the battle and changing the gameplay.

Or.

Multiple losses give rebs a handicap - they get to spawn in secondary spawn and all doors are open.

Shit like that can make gameplay less redundant.

Vote Chaos for President. I'll make Mb2 great again.
Donations are appreciated.
Great idea, we'll wait for you to redo and update the game engine.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Eh, you could have kinda done that through Progressive Siege. But it never got implemented.

Only other thought I had on this is giving server list sort priority to RTV servers via filtering by default or some kind of highlight specifically for those that run RTV.

Status
Not open for further replies.