Purple lightsabers for sith?

Should purple lightsabers be available for Sith too?

• Total voters
Anakin Skywalker with a purple lightsaber and another Anakin Skywalker with a purple lightsaber and having to guess which team each belongs to at a glance is something we don't want to have.

And how does it work when it is a stormtrooper shooting a clone at long range ?

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
And how does it work when it is a stormtrooper shooting a clone at long range ?
It doesn't.

The thing is, we don't want to add in to this problem even further, just because something isn't ideal. It's best to try and keep it as ideal as possible while not making it worse.

Generally speaking Jedi/Sith are 1-hit-kill and gunners are not, so that also tends to lighten this challenge a bit. Worth also noting clones fire blue shots and stormtroopers fire red shots.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
It doesn't.

The thing is, we don't want to add in to this problem even further, just because something isn't ideal. It's best to try and keep it as ideal as possible while not making it worse.

Generally speaking Jedi/Sith are 1-hit-kill and gunners are not, so that also tends to lighten this challenge a bit. Worth also noting clones fire blue shots and stormtroopers fire red shots.

Jedi/Sith also have to be in point blank range. That gives you plenty of time to IFF. If they attack you around a corner, then you shoot, like any other character that shoots/attacks you around a corner.

I see no issue with Sith having other colors than just red. 90% of all team killing that I have seen in MB2 is not caused by failure to IFF, but rather people running in front of lines of fire, greedy gunners shooting into duels, or saberists accidentally swinging near friendlies.

Out of experience speaking, not once I've killed my Clone from kilometers away because I thought they were stormtroopers without them using their blaster(but then I mostly play drunk)

That be cool. Also we need white sabers.
latest
White sabers are restricted for devs.

Also, adding purple may look cool cosmetically, and would make sense as far as lore goes, but it would be impractical for gameplay. Maybe if it was only for Duel, but in Open it would mean people being beyond confused about who is and isn't on their team. No shade of purple would fix this as Jedi already has all shades of purple between blue and pink. This would be problematic also if the player doesn't recognize a character, and can't tell if they are Jedi or Sith.