I little idea about user created maps for BaseJKA for MBII

DeshieL

Donator
Before I settled in MB2 for good, I tried other mods, met other communities. Thanks to them I had the luck to try out some very epic and engaging maps usualy made by unaffiliated members of the modding community. I was wondering if it wouldn't be a cool thing to search the webs for MBII friendly maps and to convert them with objectives or other modes.

Probably hard to get in touch with their creators and ask for permission. But if you do i wouldn't mind more officially supported maps from outside of the dev team, when they have a basic level of quality and don't crash.

Don't think the devs should officially inculde those maps without permission and otherwise it wouldn't be worth your time converting them.

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Don't think the devs should officially inculde those maps without permission and otherwise it wouldn't be worth your time converting them.
We aim to not include content by other modders without permission.

Obviously nothing is stopping people from making unofficial MB2 maps out of other maps even without permission from the original authors, but generally it's good convention to ask for permission before doing anything like that in the modding scene.

We're always open for including well-made maps into our map pool as long as they work well and we have the appropriate permissions. I believe some of our maps stem from other people's work. If I recall correctly, MB2_Tatooine was originally made by Darth Norman, but it's received a lot of work over the years from others.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
If I recall correctly, MB2_Tatooine was originally made by Darth Norman, but it's received a lot of work over the years from others.

Tatooine was SJC. But yeah quite a few of our levels have a basis from outside creators, or creators that created it before joining the team and then converted it into an MB2 format.

There is also the possibility of a good chunk of community maps being viable if we ever get CTF, Conquest, and Progressive Siege done. P!ng who made some of our maps (theed, mygeeto for example) also made a bunch of basejka siege maps that could be converted and included with progressive siege.

Before I settled in MB2 for good, I tried other mods, met other communities. Thanks to them I had the luck to try out some very epic and engaging maps usualy made by unaffiliated members of the modding community. I was wondering if it wouldn't be a cool thing to search the webs for MBII friendly maps and to convert them with objectives or other modes.
My clan has done a little bit of this, and I know how to convert some cool maps to JKA. If you want some details you can get my Discord from my Info section. Others may not have the maps, but you could maybe set something up with your friends if you'd like.