Force powers & jetpack mandos

Just want to start a discussion about force powers and jetpacks.

In my head rockets are propelled by combustion, just like the jetpack. But a force user can instantly 180 a rocket and barely move a mando at low speed, to me this is silly.

I'm not saying that the flying mando doesn't have inertia but the effect of a push or pull should be slightly increased so you can alter somewhat their trajectory or fuel usage, maybe try and double the effect of force powers in terms of displacement/velocity.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
May as well, doesn't sound like it would really ruin any balance or anything, unless perhaps Pulling a retreating mando in became too effective with too little counterplay

But on a related note: Please also make jetpack kicks have bonus knockback/damage depending on how fast you're going :D

Ideally between these two changes, you could have a mando take off, get pulled in by a jedi, and then use the momentum to punt the jedi across the room

Stassin

Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
It would probably be better if push was a charged ability and only a fully charged push had enough power to 180 a rocket (with much smaller charge or no charge required to push grenades), that would help ARC rocketers quite a bit too (jedi would still have the option to jump to save themselves after all, even if they could no longer save their team + destroy the enemy team with a single pushed rocket).

It would probably be better if push was a charged ability and only a fully charged push had enough power to 180 a rocket (with much smaller charge or no charge required to push grenades), that would help ARC rocketers quite a bit too (jedi would still have the option to jump to save themselves after all, even if they could no longer save their team + destroy the enemy team with a single pushed rocket).
but it's already impossible to deal with a rocket ambush in a tight corner, adding a charge element would make things impossible since you already have to react fast enough to the short cue and properly time the push to actually effect the rocket for the few frame that the rocket is airborne. This would make mando rockets impossible to deal with.

And how would the charge affect the vulnerability window associated with push and pull?

Maybe that's just me but even if I can push a rocket, most of the time I am either looking away from the mando or don't have enough time to aim directly at the mando (since I always pick push 3).

Stassin

Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
jedi would still have the option to jump to save themselves

Anyways i'm taking back what i said. It's not that unrealistic for jedi to be able to 180 rockets, because they just modify their direction without removing the propelling force, once the direction is changed the rocket continues on its own.

Anyways i'm taking back what i said. It's not that unrealistic for jedi to be able to 180 rockets, because they just modify their direction without removing the propelling force, once the direction is changed the rocket continues on its own.
But my main point was: should jetpacking mandos be more affected by force powers.

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
sure maybe a little bit. just to throw them off in a random vector opposite to you