What do you think if Bounty Hunter could use a vibrosword

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
would be some alternative to sniping
BH already has a really strong close-quarters game thanks to DLT-20a Burstfire + Gunkick + High Movespeed.

I'm a big fan of KOTOR-style vibroswords, but am not sure how to fit it in. Ostensibly, if a gunner class is ever given a vibrosword, they should be able to block sabers but not blaster fire, and it should be a fairly expensive option that gives them more capacity for resisting saberists, at a reduction to their ability to deal with other gunners, or survive overall. It could be a good thing to have available if flinch gets removed and gunner kills get more officially free. :p

Personally, I would put vibroswords on ET/Commander, and make it so buying a vibrosword prevents you from buying two lives. It fleshes out the Elite Infantry, Hold-The-Line style of ET and gives ET/Comm more of unique playstyle options beyond "grenadier" and "good gunner." And it means KOTOR Mandalorians with vibroswords, although it also means Imperial Officers with vibroswords, which is strange.

But it also means Thrawn with a vibrosword, which is awesome.

(and rebel elites with vibroswords doesn't seem like a huge stretch. Rebels are a scrappy bunch.)

In a very roundabout way, it could replace Dodge as the "eliteness factor" of ET. Dodge currently gives ET a special frontline-fighter shtick of being extra good at using cover to be immortal in a gunfight. But while I appreciate the idea of dodge, I've never thought any of the dodge implementations were fun to play against. Adding a vibroblade moves the "front line sustain" aspect of ET from gunfighting to repelling saberists, letting the role of Most Cost-Efficient Frontline Gunfighter return to Soldier, where it should be, and giving elites something else fun to do.

(also, vibroblades should be effectively Saber Defense 1.)

Last edited:

Bob-Billy

KotOR Mapper & Cultist
Movie Battles II Team
What about having a gunslinger build , 2 blasters just like Cad Bane or Calo Nord ?

BH already has a really strong close-quarters game thanks to DLT-20a Burstfire + Gunkick + High Movespeed.
Personally, I would put vibroswords on ET/Commander, and make it so buying a vibrosword prevents you from buying two lives. It fleshes out the Elite Infantry, Hold-The-Line style of ET and gives ET/Comm more of unique playstyle options beyond "grenadier" and "good gunner." And it means KOTOR Mandalorians with vibroswords, although it also means Imperial Officers with vibroswords, which is strange.
)

May be to balance the build in favour of jedi a bit, you're only allowed to use an e11 lvl 2 or pistol (or at least, definitely not a t21 lvl 3).

Assuming that, I could see a potentially fair(?) mindgame develop where you pull out your gun on a knockdown (by way of slap or nade) and force the jedi to decide if they should instagetup and risk getting sabered, or roll and risk getting shot a bit. If the jedi instagetups and you have your gun out, you risk getting sabered. If the jedi rolls and you have your vibroblade out, you still have enough time to change wep and shoot (or do bp dmg). Instagetup becomes a high-risk high-reward tactic (unlike usual saberist vs gunner scenarios).

I could also see a strategy, where cyan users bait out a shadow-swing and immediately force-pull (since no force-block), and go in for the kill (or heavy bp drain). I'm not a duelist tho, so I could be wrong on how viable that is in practice, but I'm sure there's tons of new strategies that might be applicable if the enemy saberist has 0 force block.

edit: this reminds me of the usual soldier build with e11 lvl 2 & 2 concs, but with frag nades and slaps for knockdowns.
edit2: vibroblades would ward off high ROF gunners (or p3/dlt/a280 burst users) from facehugging you

Last edited: