Additional GameModes?

Since 2016 is coming up, are any new modes in the works? I know you all are trying to stay away from the open FFA JA+ meditate for 10 hours and chat about life mode. But, personally I'd like to see more variation than seige. I remember back when I played JA base, I used to play on a large insta-gib server for CTF that was pretty fun. Adding new modes would also attract new players into those modes.

I do support the idea, but doubt it'll ever come to life due to sticking with the classic things. I honestly could not think of new game modes, maybe implant a few game modes from the vanilia JA that'd work, such as CTF and others like that.

There was a thread about new game modes on the old forums. I think they stopped the development of these

I do support the idea, but doubt it'll ever come to life due to sticking with the classic things. I honestly could not think of new game modes, maybe implant a few game modes from the vanilia JA that'd work, such as CTF and others like that.

There are several game modes that can be implemented, and some are even built into the game. My real question is, is the mb2 team planning on adding anything else, or have we seen all the modes we are going to get?

Where's teh gun duel mode? Or gun practice mode?

Saberists get them but its clear players that play gunners need them badly. You could even have some bots or npcs doing simple tasks. Like standing there or walking or running so ppl can figure how much to lead for different weapons and distances.

I never have a chance in-game to practice trick shots with arc pistols and ceilings.:( Well, cool ones anyway.

bumping this thread for interest.
I personally would like just a simple FFA gamemode, it seems like a necessity. It doesn't sound like anything that would be too complicated to make

There was a conquest mode in the works, where you capture nodes similar to BFII. Dunno what ever happened to it.
CTF would be neat if it was possible to balance, with different classes having different levels of mobility. It'd probably work if you restricted stuff like speeding as a jedi, jetting as a mando and rolling as a deka when you have the flag.
Hell, even if it's not possible to make both teams lose on time, you could have one-sided CTF where one team has to get the flag from the enemy territory and the defending team has to protect it. It wouldn't necessarily take that much effort to even make a gamemode like this for existing maps.

Where's teh gun duel mode? Or gun practice mode?

Saberists get them but its clear players that play gunners need them badly. You could even have some bots or npcs doing simple tasks. Like standing there or walking or running so ppl can figure how much to lead for different weapons and distances.

I never have a chance in-game to practice trick shots with arc pistols and ceilings.:( Well, cool ones anyway.

This is a hella good idea. I hate the "other games have it" argument, but even Tribes: Ascend has a practice mode for learning to aim, with different kinds of enemies moving at different speeds around the map, and plenty of space to ski so you can get used to projectiles traveling at different inheritance levels.

A simple map with strafing bots at various movement speeds that reflect each class would be more than sufficient. For learning bounce spots you need only create an offline game with cheats on; /notarget, spawn NPCs in the common defending positions and then learn the angles.

IMaybe in few years.

7uSvIVO.gif

Fix um_football so it shows score.

And hey what about Tatooine? Why can't the imps get the remote and then hijack the ship:)