Votes: 50 39.4%
  • No

Votes: 50 39.4%
  • Not sure yet

Votes: 27 21.3%

• Total voters

zane

US Official Server Admin
Would have been pretty shitty for a US official server admin to alias on an official server. Does status need revoked?
That's exactly how I know you're not playing against skilled players. No one plays on the US servers and I'm not talking about the US servers so yeah, your argument is pretty much invalid now.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
why is that so hard for you to fucking understand? there isn't even an argument here. doesn't get anymore simple than that.

Why is it so hard for you to understand that this decision was made YEARS ago and not just by me. This decision has been finalized for years before even the current version of DOTF was in beta. The majority of the developement team has agreed to doing this for a long time. Way back to when Acidus was a part of the team. You seem to think it is something I pulled out of my head just before release.

That's exactly how I know you're not playing against skilled players. No one plays on the US servers and I'm not talking about the US servers so yeah, your argument is pretty much invalid now.

No I mention it because it is the only server I played on this week at all because ive been busy, and it had more players than AOD at the time.

I was also on BG last week as well for example and I doubt you were the other US person there. Considering I know who that was.

zane

US Official Server Admin
Why is it so hard for you to understand that this decision was made YEARS ago and not just by me. This decision has been finalized for years before even the current version of DOTF was in beta. The majority of the developement team has agreed to doing this for a long time. Way back to when Acidus was a part of the team. You seem to think it is something I pulled out of my head just before release.

No I mention it because it is the only server I played on this week at all because ive been busy, and it had more players than AOD at the time.
If you knew what was going on in the player base you would know that the official servers RARELY ever get populated and it's usually by new players. Also you can take my fucking admin lmao if you want to be a bitch and threaten to take it away like it really matters to me. You wonder why the game is dying lmfao.

not in one single post did you mention anything about that. what was the decision based around? so only certain maps are allowed to have a classic version remain in the game if the updated layout is modified enough for it to be considered a "new map"? please elaborate.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
If you knew what was going on in the player base you would know that the official servers RARELY ever get populated and it's usually by new players. Also you can take my fucking admin lmao if you want to be a bitch and threaten to take it away like it really matters to me. You wonder why the game is dying lmfao.

No shit, I went on it because it actually had more players than AOD at the time. I know that official servers are rarely populated.

not in one single post did you mention anything about that. what was the decision based around? so only certain maps are allowed to have a classic version remain in the game if the updated layout is modified enough for it to be considered a "new map"? please elaborate.

Yes, a lot of the reason is based off whether the layout is modified enough that it is essentially a new map This is especially true for Tantive, Jedi Temple. Not as true for Comm Tower but I let that slide anyway since its one of my more favorite maps.

No I didn't directly mention it, but it is what I felt like you think happened.

^^^

Yes, a lot of the reason is based off whether the layout is modified enough that it is essentially a new map This is especially true for Tantive, Jedi Temple. Not as true for Comm Tower but I let that slide anyway since its one of my more favorite maps.

No I didn't directly mention it, but it is what I felt like you think happened.

ohh so the decision was made years ago but you let commtower slide... makes sense. why not let this one slide considering old DOTF is the favorite map of an overwhelming majority? is there some sort of law holding you and the dev team from keeping the old DOTF in the game at the same time as the updated? absolutely 0 reason to justify this decision and i hope you, as well as the dev team, are smart enough to realize that it should be added back in and let the players choose which they would rather use on their server.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
ohh so the decision was made years ago but you let commtower slide... makes sense. why not let this one slide considering old DOTF is the favorite map of an overwhelming majority? is there some sort of law holding you and the dev team from keeping the old DOTF in the game at the same time as the updated? absolutely 0 reason to justify this decision and i hope you, as well as the dev team, are smart enough to realize that it should be added back in and let the players choose which they would rather use on their server.

At the very least it will not be re-added for a few months while the issues are ironed out for the reasons said above. Comm Towers classic was not added initially either for the same reason. Same with JT and Tantive.

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
broken-leg-yoga.jpg
main-qimg-b2d4c505959f2706ebb0003589ce7dd3-c
new map looks are nice. still needs to be improved. im glad tbh its no longer 24/7 dotf servers anymore. It's about as good as any other map now and it makes ppl mad so keep on going back and forth while i laugh from my safe space. Also Mace, MAKE THE FLANK DOOR TO STAIRS UNLOCKED FROM THE START. Now that theres no door to hack in Fed theres really only one way to go if no one goes side and it results back to the "camp throne" problem. im not talking about right corridor, but the second door to the big staircase room on the way to right

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Also Mace, MAKE THE FLANK DOOR TO STAIRS UNLOCKED FROM THE START. Now that theres no door to hack in Fed theres really only one way to go if no one goes side and it results back to the "camp throne" problem. im not talking about right corridor, but the second door to the big staircase room on the way to right

I have been thinking of about 3 ways to solve that problem. Haven't had the time to make/test them yet. So stay tuned. The method of opening that door isn't really a good fix.

It's kind of incredible how people used to loathe old dotf before the update and then everybody jumped on the circlejerk wagon about how it was the best map in the game, I mean sure I can see why you'd want to have an availability to play on the map, but still.
I also agree with Noob, the frank door should be available because it's pretty difficult to defend the obj right now, making it somewhat reb-sided.

Last edited:

eezstreet

Movie Battles II Team Retired
I'm not sure I see the harm in having an mb2_dotf_classic like the other classic maps, eh? If people want to play the old one, then that's their prerogative. If there's a new map and it's really interesting, people will play it. As crazy as it sounds...there are people who want to play nothing other than old DOTF 24/7 (pandemonium..) and now they can't do it, so of course they're going to complain. Doesn't matter how long people knew it was coming, doesn't change the fact that people can't play their old favorite. Personally I am not a fan of DOTF but I can understand why people are upset over the map changing. Whether or not it is better or worse, I can't say as I honestly haven't played the new map. But the position of "this map is superior, why would you ever want to play the previous one?" is not correct when there's a pretty clear split between the players.

Is there simply no room for any kind of compromise? Let's assume the old DOTF is gone forever and there is no intention to bring it back. What would you like to see on the current DOTF map to help improve it? I'm genuinely curious.

Adding onto this... If some of the suggestions are decent would the Level Design team consider them and be willing to at least try them out?

Viserys

ex team lead
We are not saying we don’t care about people liking old dotf, or that we know better what people should play, or that the new dotf is better just because we say so.

What Mace has been trying to explain is that the old dotf was removed to give the new dotf a chance to be played by a lot of people and thus giving him feedback to improve it in ways that we couldn’t do within the limits of beta.

And we all know that mb2 is a game of habit so if old dotf was around we believe that would have severely sabotaged the new map’s chances.

I was also the first person wanting the catwalk back before the map was ever released (Mace can attest to how many times I bugged him) but I am more than willing to play without it in order to have a map as beautiful as dotfv2 in the mb2 roster.

So we’re asking you to give new dotf a chance to settle first and if you still want dotf_classic after a few months when the new map has already had its improvements and changes we can look into adding it.

For those that can’t wait, dotf_classic is already hosted unofficially on one of the community servers (MB2 [CLASSIC]), you can download it and play it there.

// Edit: hell, maybe the classic version should be the pre-balcony one :p

Last edited:

Viserys

ex team lead
Also you can take my fucking admin lmao if you want to be a bitch and threaten to take it away like it really matters to me. You wonder why the game is dying lmfao.

Nice attitude, 10/10

eezstreet

We are not saying we don’t care about people liking old dotf, or that we know better what people should play, or that the new dotf is better just because we say so.
Erm...
I don't honestly believe it plays much worse than the previous version. I have had a lot more fun with this one and so have many people. You're just so used to the old version you don't know how to play the new one.

And oh look the "yes I like new dotf" on this thread beats out the no votes. Most of the no votes and "IDK yet" votes were prior to the previous patch as well, which improved the map over its initial release. So please.

No one knows a map after less than a month regardless of how similar it is to the last one. It is literally impossible for you to say "I know how to play the new dotf". Especially compared to someone who has played it for years. So don't tell me I am talking about of my ass. Basically every time I watch you play its always on DOTF and always jedi/sith. Learn some new styles. Plenty of people who have been playing for a long time especially get in this rut where they have a hard time learning anything new.

Giving me the crap that "nothing was wrong" with the old dotf is a load of horseshite.

The reason those two exist is because it theyre very different from what is already there, essentially being a new map. DOTF classic, Cloud City Classic, etc are not to be found because they are basically the same. DOTF now is very similar to the DOTF prior to v1 with the routes widened. It isn't as different or as bad as you all are claiming. FAR from it. The MB team has even done several experiments to see if this is true, including several released maps that have nearly identical the layout to rc1 dotf and v1 dotf only to find that the community shuns them as well. Why? Because you guys just want your boring dotf even if another map has exactly the same layout. We could literally make a box map with the exact layout of DOTF and you guys would bitch that something is wrong even when it is exactly the same thing to the point we built it on top of DOTF. I could literally make a GIF of me widening main, side, and removing throne door between this and old dotf and get new dotf. Yep those changes make it UNPLAYABLE.

...what is this then?