Map ideas for future

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
This is going to be brief. Map and description.

Vardos: Urban Imperial city exterior, Rebs attack and execute the military official

Kashyyyk: Kichirho Beach, CIS take the beach via capture point

Jakku: Fight inside a downed Star Destroyer, skewed map interior with sand covering most of bottom (similar obj to Republic cruiser)

Kamino v2 (or seperate entity): Fight inside the cloning facility, no exterior, see battlefront 2 layout for inspiration

Mb2_Eadu_Duel: Duel on the landing platform on Galen Erso's facility as seen in rogue one.

MB2_Lothal_duel: Duel on the tower ezra lives in Season 1, elevators ride to the top and super-highway thing at the bottom

MB2_Ahchto_duel: Fight on the island luke trains rey on

I have a few ideas for layouts if anyone takes interest on one. I know mapping takes a lot of fucking effort so of course these will probably never be seen

Upvote 0
Vardos: Urban Imperial city exterior, Rebs attack and execute the military official

Jakku: Fight inside a downed Star Destroyer, skewed map interior with sand covering most of bottom (similar obj to Republic cruiser)

Kamino v2 (or seperate entity): Fight inside the cloning facility, no exterior, see battlefront 2 layout for inspiration

I think none of them will work (except kamino one, i guess). Those maps could probably become open-spaced things, while mb2 is basically a corridor shooter. Just make a very straightforward map, which will have couple corridors at the beginning (for fights at the start of the round); then add 3-4 corridors and a small hangar, where further fights will take place; call the whole thing "Rendezvous at Jabba's bowel" and you will get a far more superior gaming experience then any of those open-spaced maps will ever provide :D

Last edited:

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
The whole point is to introduce less corridor shooters and more variety in environments. I find that the current open styled maps give very nice experiences. Theed, Jakku, Mygeeto to name a few.

This is going to be brief. Map and description.

Mb2_Eadu_Duel: Duel on the landing platform on Galen Erso's facility as seen in rogue one.

MB2_Lothal_duel: Duel on the tower ezra lives in Season 1, elevators ride to the top and super-highway thing at the bottom

MB2_Ahchto_duel: Fight on the island luke trains rey on

I have a few ideas for layouts if anyone takes interest on one. I know mapping takes a lot of fucking effort so of course these will probably never be seen

i like some of your ideas, i would add a remake of bespin/cloudcity , geonosis would be cool as well.

shut the fuck up and just give me a map with rosh's face printed all over it already

lol , back on topic we do need more new quality maps, and some need a remake.
and i know it sound easy said than done but it would really be appreciated and valued, clearly the new remake of DotF is proving that although i hate dotf overall.

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
this is my thread the topic is mine to decide. This thread is now about rosh maps

this is my thread the topic is mine to decide. This thread is now about rosh maps

might I also mention that I am in need of a rosh FA map where everyone is rosh on a skinny bridge with nothing but melee. it will increase player population as well as add some variety :)

Manaan: City interior, peace is over, war declared, each team has to capture each other command post on the planet.

Taris: Rebs survivors from the Endar Spire got steal the codes to get accross the imperial blockade.

Sullust: Rebs attack an imperial facility used to create more vehicles.

Manaan: City interior, peace is over, war declared, each team has to capture each other command post on the planet.

Taris: Rebs survivors from the Endar Spire got steal the codes to get accross the imperial blockade.

Sullust: Rebs attack an imperial facility used to create more vehicles.
So basically, two SWTOR maps and a BF2 map.

I know that this is gonna seem like I don't realize how difficult this idea would be to implement, but I've been hoping for more maps where ships enter hangars, leading the pilot to sabotage the ship (yes, I know, like Battlefront II). I've seen the beginnings of this idea in maps like Sniper Labs, but I think it would be pretty badass to have a Battle of Coruscant Map, with Separatist and Republic gunships littering an open space map. You could spawn in to your Capital Ship, hit a switch to spawn a ship, fly out of a hangar and enter an enemy Capital ship, going down a short corridor to hack a console, disabling the enemy Capital ship, and leaving for the next one.

Or for one that has an actual map to work with, you could use the Death Star trench (Deathstar Trench v2.0) and edit it so that it's necessary to get out of your ship and expose the Death Star's exhaust port.

But as I've said before, I don't really know how difficult it is to make maps like this, so I understand if these ideas are impossible.