•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue Game crash when loading new DOTF

So I just updated to the new version and tried playing the new DOTF map. The game stops responding after about five seconds of loading.

I've tried launching with Open JKA and repairing the installation. Doesn't seem to create a crash log either? It's only DOTF that's the problem; every other map loads without issue.

I read something about critical notes needed to be read when installing, but I can't seem to find them. Apologies if I've missed something.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Well thats odd, the last time we had anything like that it was related to a really old computer with high resolution textures above 4k resolution. However, DOTF doesn't have anything above 2k and I don't immediately see anything in the assets that would cause that. Most issues with a map will throw an error rather than just freeze the program.

However, how long have you tried waiting? JKA does like to freeze the entire process when it is loading which for some reason may be taking a little longer on your computer making that more noticeable.

Instead of repairing, if that isn't working, I would say do a clean install to be safe.