Internal Beta Testers Needed!

Hello,

As you know, we have had been dealing with some internal development issues over the past few weeks. Almost all of the issues have been resolved, but there are still some remaining. Our goal is to release a fix for the launcher and master server as soon as possible, and after that is done, we will be continuing development, fixing bugs, implementing new features, etc.
With these problems working on getting resolved, organization has changed to prevent anything like this from occurring again.In addition to the changes in organization we will be changing the way beta tests are handled. Our goal is to provide fixes and small updates as soon as you report an issue, and big changes as they accumulate. We are going to be organizing more open beta sessions, and you will be notified about them through the launcher, that way the public who may not be as dedicated can be involved with the beta process. That does not however mean we don’t need internal testers to help test the implementation of new features and progressive balance changes. This will allow the testers previously on the team that may not have the time to dedicate, and people who have never been part of the beta testing team, to decide whether they want to join the internal testing team, or prefer open beta tests.

For now we are looking for active players who can meet these requirements:
  • Providing feedback about features we work on and discuss them
  • Attending beta test sessions; these require at least 1 hour per session
  • Being able to attend tests on weekends - this is important

We also would like to say thanks to all of the beta testers that have stayed with us for their involvement, hard work, feedback and time spent with annoying devs.

LoU

R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Note: It means current beta testers have to re-apply. Just make sure you meet stated above requirements.

Since most of the tests are happening on weekends, I will take this opportunity to say that I'm not going to reapply for the beta test team.
I was missing most of the recent tests anyways, because I don't have time at those days in the week, so at least I would like to thank you guys for the fun we had while testing etc. and good luck with testing and fixing stuff in the future. :)

Reactions: LoU
I would like to reapply but I am afraid that school won't let me attend to most of the beta test sessions, however around April i hope to have more free time and I will re apply

Supa

The Serial Stacker
That's when I would reapply then. We'll have public tests one or twice a month, and before major releases to stress test the content we intend to be included with the final product.

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
If the team is okay with me attending just the weekend sessions, that would be cool.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
It's up to the other beta leads, but I can try my hardest to only schedule tests on Sundays or something. I have things planned for Saturdays, both in terms of my real life obligations, and events I would like to run for MB2.

I'd also like to note that while there are people who are applying for the first time, I would also request those who are reapplying write out another application, mostly for my benefit. Having been retired for 5 years, I haven't been around enough to get a good idea of who you are or how good of a tester you were, or will be in the future.

Last edited:
Before I take the time to apply, I have a question: Would beta builds be released in a method similar to how the 1.3 open beta was done, where only the incrementally updated files are needed for download in order to run the build? I have a cripplingly slow internet connection, so it would be impractical for me to beta test with 2-3GB builds that take me 10+ hours to download.

LoU

R2D2
Before I take the time to apply, I have a question: Would beta builds be released in a method similar to how the 1.3 open beta was done, where only the incrementally updated files are needed for download in order to run the build? I have a cripplingly slow internet connection, so it would be impractical for me to beta test with 2-3GB builds that take me 10+ hours to download.
Once you download beta files, every another update will be incremental. Same goes for Open Beta.

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
I wouldn't mind beta testing if you need it. I'd be especially interested in testing the jedi/sith tweaks, but I'm a skilled gunner aswell so whatever it is I can help. I want to lend a hand with anything I can tbh and since I can't code I can provide feedback and interesting ideas to try out for the team.

So if you need me then you have me.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Post an application with all of the necessary information and we'll let you know if you've been selected at a later date.