How to improve duel mode 2017

AaronAaron

Donator
How to improve duel mode:

- Remove the round based system and stick with a 60 min timer for each game.

- Add a new smod command called /smod forceteam (name) (mins). This fixes the /smod forceteam (name) (s) because it allows you to put someone in the spectator mode for a specific amount of mins instead of having the forceteamed for the entire game. (Yes, you can /smod forceteam (name) (60) but it's just like forceteaming soemone forever in a round based mode.

- Allow 1vX duels with the /bow command. This allows people to have fun with whoever they like without getting interupted by other people. It's a system very similar to the one in Ja++ or base (idk which i dont know a lot about other mods and stuff). (Tempest is already working on this but i believe that it's just for 1v1s)

- Allow players to change their class after a death. (Tempest is already working on this)

- Bring back force repulse but have it as a server option. (It's very annoying how it's only limited to open mode)

Can't really think of anything else right now so i'll probably update this later.

If you disagree with some things please tell me why -D

**THIS IS NOT IN DETAIL**

Helix

Movie Battles II Team Retired
- Add a new smod command called /smod forceteam (name) (mins). This fixes the /smod forceteam (name) (s) because it allows you to put someone in the spectator mode for a specific amount of mins instead of having the forceteamed for the entire game. (Yes, you can /smod forceteam (name) (60) but it's just like forceteaming soemone forever in a round based mode.

Done in my local code.

- Bring back force repulse but have it as a server option. (It's very annoying how it's only limited to open mode)

Well, the only funny usage of force repulse for me and my friends was cannon shooting. But even this innocent activity is actually an interruption of duelists. I mean, yes of course you can fool around in gen (btw dotf & votj (from the active played maps) being the only ones where repulse has low chance of interrupting someone's duel), but it's just you, there's no guarantee some fux0rs wouldn't just repulse near a bunch of duelists. So I'm still a fan of removing the repulse in duel mode completely. Yes it was fun, but it was fun for me, can't say for others :p
P.S ok maybe the guy who was a cannon ball also had his fun :3

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
I do not believe repulse is necessary, or even useful. I can only see it as a tool to disrupt duel mode. Unless I'm missing a hidden purpose it has.

I do not believe repulse is necessary, or even useful. I can only see it as a tool to disrupt duel mode. Unless I'm missing a hidden purpose it has.

hidden purpose 1: allow rosh to enjoy duel mode

hidden purpose 2: allow rosh to blend in more as a player and act less like the shitposting A.I he is

im just trying to balance out my posts to likes ratio man

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
Any dev actually checked this thread?

I really hope this stuff gets implemented. Tired of 5 minute round timers on duel mode, aswell as 30 ppl in dotf hangar and million sound sfx. Bow cmd and private duels and 60 min timers please.

AaronAaron

Donator
I really hope this stuff gets implemented. Tired of 5 minute round timers on duel mode, aswell as 30 ppl in dotf hangar and million sound sfx. Bow cmd and private duels and 60 min timers please.
Yeah 30 people on dotf with colourful sabers = lovely fps

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
Yeah 30 people on dotf with colourful sabers = lovely fps

Yeah that too. I don't see why normal JA MP can have long timers and duel challenging + respawn/free roaming round the map and MBII can't and has to have shitty 5 min timers that often interrupt duels + massive FPS rape and ear rape from sfx. The mod is so much better than ja+ in all other aspects, but dueling mode is inferior. That ain't gud.

swagmaster

Model Fixer Dude
Movie Battles II Team
How to improve duel mode 2017:

- Delet this from em bee two

Hexodious

Movie Battles II Team
Duel servers are a nice break from open, any improvements are welcomed :D

I really want the base/ja+ challenge system for 1v1s and extending that to 1vX would be nice as well, always have some fun with that.

With the challenge system in place I don't see the big deal about having repulse active, as you'd be able to mess around while out of duels. You could even make it so you only get points/score while in a challenge system/private duel, so running around and sabering people outside of duels is pointless from that aspect and just for messing about.