Improve administrating a server

AaronAaron

Donator
  • If someone is banned, let the server owners leave a message for banned players if they reconnect. E.g: If @Quinto is banned and tries to reconnect, there can be a message like "Visit www.jediorderacademy.com and make an unban request". It saves people the time and effort to search for the server owners.
  • Allow SMOD users to leave messages after they have kicked/tempbanned/banned soemone. An easy way for people to find out why the have been kicked/tempbanned/banned
  • Allow server owners to censor words/names in the server.cfg. I think there is a way to stop people connecting with certain names, but if the server has a "no racism" rule, then it could automatically mute someone for saying that stuff. Easier for admins because its all automated.
  • Allow SMOD users to leave a message after they have forceteamed someone.
  • Allow players to PM all admins at once (similar to @Garth 's thread).
  • Fix shuffle lol
  • Set a timer on /smod logout. Don't allow people to log out straight away.
  • mprove the banlist. When someone uses /rcon banlist, allow them to see the message the admin put after banning them and the player's name at the time.
  • Fix the disconnected IPs part on /smod status. It never works when needed.
  • On /smod who, allow SMOD users to see people who logged out of SMOD
  • Remove /smod nextmap. I dont think its ever been used.
  • Same with /smod gametype.

All i could think of. Tell me if i got anything wrong :- - - - - - - - - - D

Smee

Banned
Improve admining: remove smod kick and mute
stop these whining entitled brats (you know who you are ****y and ***ba) from spergraging and banning and muting
just my tuppence
like if you agree.

quartus

Banned
Introduce those:
- vote to lower somebody's TK points,
- vote to force team someone.

I had to fight a glitcher today and ended up being penalized. SMod users are no longer capable of lowering those. You have only a handful of admins and they end up messing instead of helping anyway, lol.

Player of the Game vote? with front screen server announc3ment before new round will start let those addicts feel important.

• Fix shuffle lol

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
On a slight tangent to this - would particularly server owners find a lightweight server side auto-updater useful?

AaronAaron

Donator
Having people sign in through the launcher with their mb2 account would also help to stop people from reconnecting constantly by switching IPs after a ban. It would also help with showing who got banned in the banlist.

Remove IP bans and add account bans

Having people sign in through the launcher with their mb2 account would also help to stop people from reconnecting constantly by switching IPs after a ban. It would also help with showing who got banned in the banlist.

Remove IP bans and add account bans

There are people who use a pirated version of the game in order to play. Account bans/coercing people to log in with steam accounts through the launcher in order to play might prove too difficult to implement and result in reducing the scarce population of this mod even further.

Last edited:

AaronAaron

Donator
There are people who use a pirated version of the game in order to play. Account bans/coercing people to log in with steam accounts through the launcher in order to play might prove too difficult to implement and result in reducing the scarce population of this mod even further.
Not with steam. Through the Mb2 forums.

Not sure how admin functions work since I have no admin experience, but how would switching to such a system be an improvement? Wouldn't players just resort to making multiple accounts on the forums in order to avoid bans/play?

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
They can but they would lose all stats and other things associated with the account, since that is also what we would like to do when adding an account system.

We could even add loot boxes that they wouldn't have anymore if they switched accounts! /s

From my experience trolls rarely care about things such as stats/achievements on their accounts and mainly get pleasure from ruining the gameplay for others. I'm just not seeing the value of switching to such system at this point or at least it needs more harsh/relevant penalties that would actually scare trolls off. I know i'm not providing any specific input as to how this system can be improved but if there is no value in implementing it efforts might be better off put in elsewhere.

AaronAaron

Donator
From my experience trolls rarely care about things such as stats/achievements on their accounts and mainly get pleasure from ruining the gameplay for others. I'm just not seeing the value of switching to such system at this point or at least it needs more harsh/relevant penalties that would actually scare trolls off. I know i'm not providing any specific input as to how this system can be improved but if there is no value in implementing it efforts might be better off put in elsewhere.
It's also extra effort having to create new email accounts every time you get banned. It's not like a VPN where you can just click one button and have a new IP

I'm not saying it will fix avoiding bans, but it will deffo slow them down.