•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue Cursor not moving properly

Hello, I have recently just updated MB II and I am running into a strange problem. The cursor won't move properly when I am moving, it remains fixed on one position making it extremely hard to battle in-game. When I am standing still the cursor just moves around freely, I have looked into the controls and setup trying to fix the problem but nothing is working.
I am not sure what is causing this problem, anyone willing to help me out?

Sounds like Windows scaling may be a problem
Check out this: Windows technical FAQ/troubleshooting guide , it does have a solution for similar issue.
I've tried the solution out and it didn't seem to have helped, I'll have to mention however that the camara move when walking/strafing however for a very short time. It then continues to stay fixed in one spot when running, basically impossible to fight.

Last edited:

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
I've tried the solution out and it didn't seem to have helped, I'll have to mention however that the camara move when walking/strafing however for a very short time. It then continues to stay fixed in one spot when running, basically impossible to fight.
Try closing each and every other program, including audioplayers and anti-viruses.
Hello, I have recently just updated MB II
What do you mean by "updating"?
When did you started experience this issue? Were you able to play normally earlier?
Does base Jedi Academy work for you as it should be?

Try closing each and every other program, including audioplayers and anti-viruses.

What do you mean by "updating"?
When did you started experience this issue? Were you able to play normally earlier?
Does base Jedi Academy work for you as it should be?

I've updated movie battles II to version 1.4.5, I've played it normally but also experienced issues with the display/window screen before. I started getting this problem just today, just got back into it today after a 2 month hiatus.
Suprisingly Jedi Academy doesn't work aswell, I am having problems moving the camera around aswell. Might have to re-install that?

EDIT: Re-installing MB II and base Jedi Academy hasn't helped at ALL...

Last edited:

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
I've updated movie battles II to version 1.4.5, I've played it normally but also experienced issues with the display/window screen before. I started getting this problem just today, just got back into it today after a 2 month hiatus.
Suprisingly Jedi Academy doesn't work aswell, I am having problems moving the camera around aswell. Might have to re-install that?

EDIT: Re-installing MB II and base Jedi Academy hasn't helped at ALL...
Have you tried disabling all unrelated software?
Are you sure you disabled Windows scaling as it's described in FAQ? There are two different settings which control scaling.
Do you have any Comodo products installed?

Jedi Academy doesn't work as well, so it isn't just MBII. What's about other games? Check all games you have installed.

Have you tried disabling all unrelated software?
Are you sure you disabled Windows scaling as it's described in FAQ? There are two different settings which control scaling.
Do you have any Comodo products installed?

Jedi Academy doesn't work as well, so it isn't just MBII. What's about other games? Check all games you have installed.

Yes, I have tried stopping all unrelated software from running. I didn't disable the Windows scaling, I've set it to 100%. Also I've tried to run it in windowed mode, didn't work unfortunately.
I don't have any Comodo products installed, and the camera movement works just fine on SWTOR and other games.

EDIT: Noticed that when crouching moving the camera works just fine I can move it in all directions, very strange?

Last edited:

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Anyone else that would like to chime in?
Try switching to MBII Client:
MBII Launcher => Settings => uncheck "Steam integration" (skip if there's no such checkbox) => Engine => MBII Client => Play.

Shut down all instances of Movie Battles, then try deleting (or moving to unrelated folder) these files:
Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII\jampconfig.cfg
Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII\openjk.cfg
My Documents\My Games\OpenJK\MBII\openjk.cfg

Try switching to MBII Client:
MBII Launcher => Settings => uncheck "Steam integration" (skip if there's no such checkbox) => Engine => MBII Client => Play.

Shut down all instances of Movie Battles, then try deleting (or moving to unrelated folder) these files:
Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII\jampconfig.cfg
Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII\openjk.cfg

So doing this kind of worked, when strafing/walking(holding shift) the camera moves in all directions working fine. However when running the camera just stays fixed in one spot.

My Documents\My Games\OpenJK\MBII\openjk.cfg

I have not tried this yet because I don't have a 'My Games' folder, where can I find this .cfg file?

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
So doing this kind of worked, when strafing/walking(holding shift) the camera moves in all directions working fine. However when running the camera just stays fixed in one spot.
What exactly worked, removing configs or switching to MBII Client?
You should try both, and then switching back to jamp to see is there any difference because of removing config.
I have not tried this yet because I don't have a 'My Games' folder, where can I find this .cfg file?
As I said, it should be in "My Documents\My Games\OpenJK\MBII" folder (actual name of "My Documents" is localized to a language that your Windows uses).
If you didn't use MBII Client before, that folder doesn't exist yet.

What exactly worked, removing configs or switching to MBII Client?
You should try both, and then switching back to jamp to see is there any difference because of removing config.

Removing the config files worked, camera movement is fine when walking/standing but still stays fixed in one spot even when switching back to jamp.

As I said, it should be in "My Documents\My Games\OpenJK\MBII" folder (actual name of "My Documents" is localized to a language that your Windows uses). If you didn't use MBII Client before, that folder doesn't exist yet.

I found the OpenJK map removed the .cfg file nothing has changed :(:(:(

Alright, I've managed to fix the problem. So when I updated my mouse driver it seems there is a new configuration setting called ''TouchGuard'' which basically made your mouse unresponsive when pressing keyboard keys. This setting was for some reason enabled by default after the update, no idea why.

Thank you everyone that helped, /close.

just as i suspected
yeah, it's a feature for notebooks, it locks the mouse while you type so you won't get out of focus by accidentally putting your arm on the touchpad

Last edited: