MBII frag video - The Butterfly Effect

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
pcpOn6e.jpg

Hello there!

Sudden frag video that I never thought I would get done so soon but apparently I had some unexpected free time on my hands. As the name implies, it will have some heavy duty butterfly and other sort of Dillinger Kata Spam (those who know the artist behind the soundtrack gets the pun). Enjoy!

Upvote 0

Viserys

ex team lead
Movie Battles II Team Retired
damn gargoulini that's some nice editing.

the kills though total luck ofc :p

AaronAaron

Donator
Yeah deffo the best video you've done.

(Did you edit this with JaMME? If so, were these demos from 1.4.4?)

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
cool song. your et parts are probably my favorite

Stassin

Donator
WOW. That was amazing. I like this style much more than your previous videos and it's very well made. The only thing i could possibly say would be perhaps to mix in some scenes without slowdown at the climax/kill instead of doing it every single time, for some more variety/change of pacing, but it's great like this too anyways. It's pretty powerful how a video like this can make you want to play mb2 again, this game can be pretty fun.

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
damn gargoulini that's some nice editing.

the kills though total luck ofc :p
haha thanks. Happen to remember 2:30? That's you trying to flank me :D

Yeah deffo the best video you've done.

(Did you edit this with JaMME? If so, were these demos from 1.4.4?)
Thanks mate! And yes they are older demos that I had been stockpiling for a while.

The only thing i could possibly say would be perhaps to mix in some scenes without slowdown at the climax/kill instead of doing it every single time, for some more variety/change of pacing, but it's great like this too anyways.
Agree with that. I tried to avoid too many slo mos but it was not easy with the type of song I used. It would not have clicked with the song too well since it was basically screaming for slow stuff. I still got 2 clips in that had zero slo mo effects Ha!

Wait a minute... how did you record with jamme in 1.4.5? I mean I saw Bastila and new staff hilt you usually use( Temple Guard CW)

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
How did you do some of the free cam shots that blend together? Matching the angle for both demos seems like a lot of work.

Lervish

Donator
Very nice ::3 Sweet how you had so many kills with the useless backflip staff move! :D

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
How did you do some of the free cam shots that blend together? Matching the angle for both demos seems like a lot of work.
I take the advantage of the chase cam. I move my free cam to mimic 3rd person chase cam, keep switching inbetween the camera modes until the free cam is very close to the chase cam angle and simply add a camera point. In the next demo I start the camera angle from 3rd person chase cam so it blends perfectly. Same trick works when you want to go chase cam from free cam. All you have to do is end the free cam in same angle where the chase cam angle is.

Very nice ::3 Sweet how you had so many kills with the useless backflip staff move! :D
Not useless!! Ever since I started spamming backflip I learned that this move is actually stronk. The fp cost is 0 yet you jump higher than jump 3 bunny hop. It is also a pretty fast move and you can swingblock during it. I had smth like 7-8 backflip demos, I just picked the best ones.

Last edited: