How do demos work in 1.4.5?

I know that jaMME was removed, but I just wanna know where I can find my saved demos, since nothing shows up on the demos screen in MBII. Perhaps there's a pk3 file I can open with all the demos? I know my demos are saving because I get a message in the console saying I did, but I've been searching through the files for about a day now and I can't find anything. Any help is greatly appreciated.

k4far

Banned
Donator
I just wanna know where I can find my saved demos.
Where you should usually find your demos:
- gamedata\mb2\demo

I get a message in the console.
Are you sure you are recording not taking screenshots? You have to bind some stuff like starting, stopping and also turn on auto recording. Look in to your settings make sure everything is okay. A screenshot of your console and notifications you have mentioned could help.

(If that does not solve the mystery, run repair from the launcher it will go over files and check if everything is fine.)

I looked around my files, and I didn't find a file named demo in my MBII folder. I'm running it on a Mac through Steam, if it makes any difference. I tried creating a folder named demo and putting it in the folder, and then I ran up the game and recorded a demo, but the folder stayed empty. I have all the controls bound correctly, and I noticed when I stopped the "test" demo, the exact message was that the demo was saved in ".dm_26". I also don't have the launcher, I just run the game by selecting it under "Mods" in Jedi Academy Multiplayer.

eezstreet

Movie Battles II Team Retired
Check what the value of fs_homepath is in the console (just typing "fs_homepath" will do). Your demos will be stored in <that directory>/MBII/demos.

Check what the value of fs_homepath is in the console (just typing "fs_homepath" will do). Your demos will be stored in <that directory>/MBII/demos.
ahhh okay I found them, they weren't in my steam copy of Jedi Academy for some reason, they were in another copy stored somewhere else. I moved that and some other stuff to the steam version now. Thanks a ton. One last thing; how do I open up the demos? I uploaded a screenshot of the file, but since jaMME doesn't work, i don't know how else to open it. Thanks again guys
Screen Shot 2017-07-26 at 10.07.08 PM.png

eezstreet

You can open it just like how the original game allowed for, by using the play command. So something like "play LastDemo_recording".

The correct command is "demo".
Usage: "demo <demoname>"
Ah yes that worked, finally the game acknowledged the file, however it still says that it can't open it. Prior to my test I completely redownloaded and reinstalled MBII to make sure there weren't any errors, yet it still doesn't work. I tried uploading a screenshot of the error message, but I guess the file is too large. It said "Error: couldn't open demos/LastDemo_recording.dm_26"

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
It can only access the demos in the root folder. So JediAcademy/GameData/MBII/demos

So to run your demo, make sure it's in that folder and then /demo LastDemo_recording

ent

Movie Battles II Team
It can only access the demos in the root folder. So JediAcademy/GameData/MBII/demos

So to run your demo, make sure it's in that folder and then /demo LastDemo_recording
Not necessarily, just do "demo <path/to/demo/from/demos/root>"

Not necessarily, just do "demo <path/to/demo/from/demos/root>"
Sorry for the late reply. I've been testing out some things and I've come to the conclusion that the problem is with the auto demo feature. I disabled it and recorded demos manually and I found that they saved fine and I was able to watch them in the game. Another thing I noticed is that whenever I would try to save an auto demo, it would give me the name that the demo will be saved as, and then once the round ends, it says "Demo Save Failed" in red text.