•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue Infinite "Getting Server Info" Loop

Hey everyone I'm new to the community and I've been loving playing the game/mod so far, so much in fact that I dragged my RP buddies from SWTOR into it. So after a long stint of me trying to get the least tech savvy of the bunch into the game we encountered a problem that I have no clue how to fix. Basically every time she opens the server page this is all she sees
unknown.png

Yup a never ending "getting server info" page, which is not entirely unheard of ive seen several posts about it but nothing thats helped fix our issue. We've ruled out the possibility that her firewall is blocking it and we have tried swapping the "data rate" around to no avail and we've tried doing /connect to a server IP address. One thing we noticed when we /connect(ed) to a server is that she could be in that server for under 2 minutes before she DC'd... I dont know if that is helpful info but it definitely sounds like it to me... another thing i should mention is that the same problem occured while she tried to join normal Jedi Academy servers so its not secluded to movie battles alone. Anyways thanks for reading this and id appreciate any help you could offer.

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
If she was able to join servers it can't be a firewall or port issue. Sounds like her network options just aren't optimized?
Data Rate 25000
Snaps 40
max packets (30-100 it will vary by your connection.)

Alternatively try Jamp engine. Set launch options in Steam to +set fs_game "MBII"
keep launcher open (Which I don't see in this screenshot.) make sure engine is set to jamp in launcher then run through steam.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
we've tried doing /connect to a server IP address. One thing we noticed when we /connect(ed) to a server is that she could be in that server for under 2 minutes before she DC'd...
Can't understand what does it mean. Could you explain it?
What exactly happen when you (she?) connect some server directly, via /connect command? Do you actually join a server, or message "Awaiting connecting..." persists and never goes away? Here is the list where you can get an ip:port from: Movie Battles II Server List .
Make sure you tested it with different servers (AOD, BG, officials...)
Or maybe game crashes right when you press Shift + ~ (aka Shift + `) to open a console?

Make a screenshot of the server list like the one I've posted, but with console opened.
You can see an example of such screenshot below.

Open Windows console (run cmd.exe), type
Code:
tracert master.moviebattles.org
press Enter.
Post a screenshot here. You can see an example of such screenshot below.
If she was able to join servers it can't be a firewall or port issue. Sounds like her network options just aren't optimized?
Data Rate 25000
Snaps 40
max packets (30-100 it will vary by your connection.)
Both port forwarding and network settings have nothing to do with this issue.
Opened port (incoming connections) is required only when you're hosting a server, not when you're playing.
Network settings are unrelated to server list, they are used to tweak established connection between client and server.
Firewall, however, can be a reason why server list isn't shown up.

2ee53c1d1be7.png

14365411d41d.png

Last edited:

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
I mean that firewall may cause such issue in general, didn't imply it for this specific case.
Same about network settings, which cannot cause server list to be empty at all.
Though they are some settings those are related to empty list, but they have no GUI interface, like cl_maxPing.

LoU

R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Hi,
Do you have static or dynamic IP address? Have you tried restarting your router? What was the message she got after she got DCed from server?

we've fixed the issue, we connected her computer to her router and that worked... now shes playing without her router??? idk what was going on that day but im assuming it was temporary thank you all for helping and replying... have fun gaming folks

k4far

Banned
Donator
Settings of your WiFi are messed up if connecting with cable fixed the issue.
You can do a factory reset on your router, should help in a long term.

Last edited by a moderator: