Votes: 3 3.5%
  • V

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • VI

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • VII

Votes: 32 37.6%

• Total voters
Episode 7. There are bad movies that you regret spending money on.Then there are movies that are so bad that leaves you in a lousy mood for the rest of the day.Ep 7 is the latter.Everything from the movie was either terrible or at best mediocre. Even the damn soundtrack was bad jesus... Like what? The genious John Williams forgot to how to make good sountrack? And the acting. Harrison Ford forgot how to act too? They just didn't care.I can imagine them saying ''come on guys lets finish this gig so we can go home'' . And the script... oh god... The bigger and badder deathstar, a bigger sith lord, destruction on a bigger scale and the main baddie Kylo Ren turns to the dark side because... well why not? Star Wars: The Milennial Edition.

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Episode VII is a better movie but a worse Star Wars.
I voted II because it is the worst movie. The pacing is off, having the story split Anakin and Obi-Wan really hurt the story overall as we never really see them properly bond. But having read what you said... That's actually a good point. The galaxy just didn't feel alive no matter how hard JJ tried. It wasn't a Star Wars movie.

It's funny really especially when you put the film next to Rogue One, which really managed to make it feel like Star Wars while going for new tones and vibes. Garreth Edwards is a great director who has shown that he can manage to maintain the original feel while trying something new. This was shown already in his Godzilla film. Godzilla as a movie series has always put a heavy focus on the humans caught in-between these monster fights and the new film definitely managed to land this storyline. Godzilla was not out to kill humans, he was simply there to put the monsters in their place, because he's the fucking king of the monsters.

Episode 7 had a nice pacing and the story was well told, but there weren't many moments where it felt Star Wars. The new lead actors gave convincing performances and I really enjoyed the character of Kylo Ren as he really felt like a decendant of Anakin Skywalker. The universe that JJ presented didn't feel like it was living and breathing. It felt like they were really trying hard to make it feel like it was alive by creating all these random background characters that were often bloating scenes, but they just didn't seem to be leading their own lives. Instead they were there as props.

That being said, I am looking forward to Episode 8. Rian Johnson showed with Looper that he can do what Garreth can do and maybe even better. The universe should feel very alive and tangible at the least.

Last edited:
I hated Episode II but man is Rogue One shit. I can't get over those bland characters that feel absolutely passive to what happens around them. Lots of useless scenes that have zero consequences on our characters or the plot. Terrible, terrible movie. The final 'death scene' and the Vader scenes were well executed though.

DaloLorn

Movie Battles II Team Retired
I think Ben nicely describes my own feelings on TFA. It's a fun movie, definitely more so than AotC, but... it doesn't work.

Reactions: SeV

Karus

Donator
Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my leg... and my arm... even my fingers. The body I've lost... the comrades I've lost... won't stop hurting... it's like they're all still there. You feel, it too, don't you?

Reactions: SeV
i'm going for TFA because it pretty much just pussifies and invalidates the original trilogy so we can have wacky new adventures with our wonderful strong independent grill who can't do anything wrong

and also kills off han solo and three planets nobody even bothered to name in the process

the prequel trilogy at least gave us clones, battlefront, and TCW cartoon so it's not like you can shit on it too hard because people still managed to grind blood out of the stone that was that clusterfuck

edit: on the subject of rey, everyone calls her a "ma-rey sue". people love to say things like "luke was a mary sue" disregarding the fact that luke was basically an idiot for three films before he even became cool, getting his hand cut off, even han solo got pwned a few times in those movies.

if you wanted to point fingers at a male mary sue the most logical one would be young anakin because he was basically a complete techgod and whizzkid pilot even from a very young age (seriously wtf) but even then, that too ignores the fact that anakin was socially a complete imbecile and basically couldn't do anything right in social situations which leads us to today where we all complain about sand and try to make out with our sisters

fa mustafar duel is still the best map because u get to rp as evil anakin screaming i HAET CHU and punching ur wife

Last edited: