Can we port any model openable in 3DS Max and such in to MB?

k4far

Banned
Donator
So i just discovered a pretty interesting website: Sketchfab - Your 3D content online and in VR.
Lots of models is on a CC License meaning we would only need to credit the authors as usually We do.

Is it possible to port such highly detailed models to Movie Battles? I am aware they would not look as good, but is it possible to use these in our game having them go through a Blender or something.

Some examples:
Star Wars Battlefront 3 X2 by clonetrooper37 - download 3D model
Star Wars: Force Arena - Dr. Aphra by _MaZ_TeR_ - download 3D model

Also curious to me, old PSP Star Wars games like Elite/Renegade Squadron. Would not these be a good source of models for us?

Last edited:

swagmaster

Model Fixer Dude
Movie Battles II Team
Not really recommended to port those, most of the models on Sketchfab look too high quality to work in JKA, and lowering their quality just to make them work in an old 2003 game would result in them looking pretty shit.

k4far

Banned
Donator
How about models from Star Wars Kinect and old PSP Star Wars themed games not sure if we could use them in the light of law even after giving credits - that is what is concerning me.

That won't make a difference. By own experience, regardless of whether you use OpenJK or JAMP, anything over 10k polys will likely make the game go boom at some point.
But it was joke... D:
Yeah, I know. I tryed to play with Vader's model ported from Battlefront 2015 by Backflip1 and it's show me too many geometry Ghoul2 error in OpenJK. Well, I saw you had try this model too, I found it's files in Penekepack.

i already ported some models from the canceled BF3 game and from Force arena, and they didn't seem to crash the game.
Force Arena is mobile game, and BF3 is someold game. However you can create model *based* on high quality model.

Last edited: