SBD Speed

So I'm sure everyone here has seen SBD and its speed and i know its not designed to be a fast class even in the movies/games its not a fast class, i was thinking, since it has the battery perhaps there could be an run ability you could buy in the class store (what ever its called) that you could sprint at a decent cost of your battery power, could make for useful strategizing and i think it would be fair imo to have points set up in a way that you would either get the Jogging (not sure what you call a running SBD expect 'Oh Sh*t' ;) ) or you would get HP level 3 same thing with the CT either reinforcements or CR 3 but not both, Just an idea :D

SBD.jpg

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Yes, because aside from being blindingly overpowered when used defensively, now we get to have *running* SBDs, all tied to that garbage battery mechanic. Amazing. Why don't we give them Jetpacks while we're at it, and Cortosis II.

I will take an upgrade path for Cortosis in exchange for fire power.
And prefer that radar be more useful.

Give me firepower 4 and I will show you all the meaning of hell.

Joking aside.. The SBD is a defensive unit. We are the final defense.
We are slow, tanky, and hit like trucks. Our only weakness lies in offensive capabilities.

I understand you may want to see more offensive SBDs, but in making us better at offense I can only expect they will nerf our defensive abilities. They can only improve our offensive so much without revamping the class. This will lead to a (still useless) offense, and a newly useless defense.

Without a strong point to utilize, it would be although we picked a generic one life soldier, defeating the entire purpose of the SBD.

If a SBD is fast and tanky without his firepower, he will be useless.
If a SBD is fast and hard hitting at the cost of his armor, he should have picked Soldier or Deka.
If a SBD is hard hitting and tanky at the cost of his mobility, he is
formidable.

Last edited:
Its my opinion that SBD does not need to be altered at all, but if you want to only change it very little. As SBD stands they are extremely balanced for the style of gameplay it is meant to be used for, defense. Yes one SBD can effectively neutralize a couple of jedi, but a couple of gunners can easily take one down; this is the point for an SBD to be an advance stopper, to slow down jedi and make a team work together to stop the SBD. Yet 1 jedi can still take down an SBD I see it done all the time. If anything changes with SBD it needs to be small like making radar useful or something.

SK5

Internal Beta Team
EU Official Server Admin
Its my opinion that SBD does not need to be altered at all, but if you want to only change it very little. As SBD stands they are extremely balanced for the style of gameplay it is meant to be used for, defense. Yes one SBD can effectively neutralize a couple of jedi, but a couple of gunners can easily take one down; this is the point for an SBD to be an advance stopper, to slow down jedi and make a team work together to stop the SBD. Yet 1 jedi can still take down an SBD I see it done all the time. If anything changes with SBD it needs to be small like making radar useful or something.

SBD is balanced? lol

AgentGibbs believes in the 'team' in MB2. SBD is balanced if you have 6 extremely skilled players all coordinating with the counter to SBD. Therefore it must be balanced in all other situations.

I don't typically respect jedi, but I do respect jedi that can face me alone with at-least a 40%+ chance of victory.
Both Ginkobum and KaelWindu can go neck and neck with me.

Those two have proven that one jedi can without a doubt kill a standard SBD, seeing as they prove difficult to kill as an A.I.

Your only issue is, all of you are pathetic excuses for jedi.

Improve, then criticize. Anyone who needs a team of two or more isn't worthy to speak.

Last edited:

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Isn't Gink's strategy mostly to crouch+deflect until you get impatient, though? Orrrrr...

Also, can they still go neck and neck when you have Cortosis? I don't actually fully understand Cortosis mechanics. It blocks less if your battery is lower, right? And getting hit drains battery, so consecutive hits do increasing damage?

I got hit by Cyan at full battery and took, iirc, 13 damage. Cyan's low damage, sure, but red is only 4x that damage iirc, so if it scales linearly then red oughta only do 52 damage to a full battery cort SBD, but that doesn't sound right. Never tested it, though.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
I don't typically respect jedi, but I do respect jedi that can face me alone with at-least a 40%+ chance of victory.
Both Ginkobum and KaelWindu can go neck and neck with me.

Those two have proven that one jedi can without a doubt kill a standard SBD, seeing as they prove difficult to kill as an A.I.

Your only issue is, all of you are pathetic excuses for jedi.

Improve, then criticize. Anyone who needs a team of two or more isn't worthy to speak.

I mean, I have killed you on a number of occasions in one v one situations. That doesn't mean it should be that difficult. Fighting even a mediocre SBD is substantially more difficult than any other gunner class, regardless of what weapon you use.

Isn't Gink's strategy mostly to crouch+deflect until you get impatient, though? Orrrrr...

Also, can they still go neck and neck when you have Cortosis? I don't actually fully understand Cortosis mechanics. It blocks less if your battery is lower, right? And getting hit drains battery, so consecutive hits do increasing damage?

I got hit by Cyan at full battery and took, iirc, 13 damage. Cyan's low damage, sure, but red is only 4x that damage iirc, so if it scales linearly then red oughta only do 52 damage to a full battery cort SBD, but that doesn't sound right. Never tested it, though.

With time to regenerate battery (which is pretty often), they can tank up to 5 Red Swings. A saber throw deals 4 damage. I've had instances where I've hit SBD like 10, 13 times with blue, and the thing still doesn't die. Cortosis is a dumb mechanic, honestly, better off just spamming Ions Blobs/Pulse Nades against SBD spam.

I mean, I have killed you on a number of occasions in one v one situations.

There are many who claim the very same thing, but none who would dare try to back it up.. jedi.

@lessen
Ginkobum was able to stay on par for one legendary round, since then he lost his edge, but I will not deny him credit when it is due.

KaelWindu however.. is a true jedi, strong enough to rival with me. If there were any jedi I would think twice about facing, it would be KaelWindu.

For quite some time we fought, one against one. I would kill him, (with only a bit of health left), then he would kill me. We fought to a standstill, with neither side gaining any significant ground.
If the round had players, it was merely a matter of who had lost the most health..

KaelWindu invokes the closest thing to respect that a droid can know.
He has earned the title of most formidable jedi in my logs.

It will be a shame when the best you have to offer dies of old age.
Then who will save you?

Last edited:
sbd is very easy to defeat if you go arc with pulses (I know the effect is not a as strong as on dekas but still)

a sold is no match for a wookiee, is that unbalanced?

KaelWindu however.. is a true jedi, strong enough to rival with me. If there were any jedi I would think twice about facing, it would be KaelWindu.

For quite some time we fought, one against one. I would kill him, (with only a bit of health left), then he would kill me. We fought to a standstill, with neither side gaining any significant ground.
If the round had players, it was merely a matter of who had lost the most health..

KaelWindu invokes the closest thing to respect that a droid can know.
He has earned the title of most formidable jedi in my logs.

It will be a shame when the best you have to offer dies of old age.

Still a better love story then twilight

a sold is no match for a wookiee, is that unbalanced?
this is so wrong i cant even....

all sbd needs is to be a little bit less vulnerable against pulse nades and a nerf of magnetic plating.

*edit* thinking about it sbd is way weaker to pulses than deka. He is basically stuck there with no battery and no ammo while deka can just roll away

Last edited:
The SBD was supposed to be the tank class - slow and able to take a rough beating. Keep it slow and bring back the old corto.