•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] Can't use JAMP client if JA is not installed in the root Steam folder?

I hate the MBII client for various reasons, but I'm forced to use it because of this.

When running with JAMP client, it says Jedi Academy must be installed in the Steam folder. I have MB2 set to launch out of my SSD instead of my primary hard drive, so it's being run from another SteamApps folder.

Any way to get around this?

DaloLorn

Movie Battles II Team Retired
The launcher doesn't have to do a thing aside from running in the background. You can configure Steam to launch the mod just as effectively (or you can use a .bat file, whichever you prefer).

Running through Steam:
  1. Right-click JKA in the Steam library. Select 'Properties'.
  2. Click on 'Set Launch Options' in the menu that appears.
  3. Type in '+set fs_game "MBII"'. Press OK, close the window, and all that.
  4. Start the game. Unless there is something seriously wrong with the launcher (aside from the issue you're experiencing already), you should be more than capable of playing the mod as normal.

The launcher doesn't have to do a thing aside from running in the background. You can configure Steam to launch the mod just as effectively (or you can use a .bat file, whichever you prefer).

Running through Steam:
  1. Right-click JKA in the Steam library. Select 'Properties'.
  2. Click on 'Set Launch Options' in the menu that appears.
  3. Type in '+set fs_game "MBII"'. Press OK, close the window, and all that.
  4. Start the game. Unless there is something seriously wrong with the launcher (aside from the issue you're experiencing already), you should be more than capable of playing the mod as normal.
Thank you for the detailed post.