general feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've been playing this mod for a week or so now, i thought i'd offer some feedback on my gameplay experience from multiplayer, here are some things i think could be changed, should be added, or aren't right. if i say "should" i'm saying "it'd be cool if"

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

saber throw - it's a pain to land a throw and it only does 35 damage when you do hit. either there needs to be more ultility for the saber throw (like how vader collapsed a platform in ROTJ) or it just needs to be more devastating against non-blockers. i'm not asking for battlefront 2 saber spam, but at least let me kill a stormtrooper. it also seems like 2x sabers should be able to block with the remaining saber.

general extra skills for jedi/sith - mind trick is great, but it doesn't really make sense that only jedi can mind trick. while i'm aware this is a mod balance choice, it leads to some unbalanced situations for the dark side users, where most of their team can just get blindsided - where sith get no such opportunity against clones so to speak.
speed is fun, but again it makes no sense the sith can't use it. the jedi only having mind trick is fair enough, but speed? what about sheev and his spinning scream? - it's a lot like the lunging jump attack speed 3 can do. i'd give sith the ability to scream lunge attack if they take lightning 3 so this ability can stay in the jedi class.
grip is amusing, but it's not really very useful and it's generally only used for 1v1 force whoring. compared to mind trick it's a bit of a gimmick. i'd replace it entirely with sith scream lunge skill because grip is basicly just push. at the same time, it doesn't really make sense only sith can use it. jedi throw clones about plenty... a team version of grip would be cool, so you can throw clones across large jumps. also, if you can use grip while blocking, why can't you push and use other powers? it'd be nice to be able to use a well aimed grip to pick a grenade or rocket out of the air.
lightning is great, but maybe it should drain block a bit more than it does. maybe give a force jedi the opportunity to absorb it like yoda does.
basicly i think sith should be as acrobatic as jedi can be, if not more so.

clones aren't really balanced. their concussive shot should be made the same as ion shot so it doesn't have unlimited power. they should be the same as stormtroopers really. why would older technology be that much better?

bounty hunters should get the same acrobatics as arc troopers, but their sniper rifles should be only as effective as arc troopers. arc troopers pistols shot damage should be reduced but their pistol rate of fire increased.

3 spawn soldiers should be more susceptible to longer ranged push. they can already totally suppress a jedi or sith with constant fire, and they get 3 lives where a jedi doesn't. trying to push in a lot of situations is suicide against some soldiers, and you're only likely to get one unless you're a sneaky sith with lightning.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
i have very few comments on the saber system. it's pretty much perfect, though there could be some additions in variety and hilt advantage, and one observation, which i'll start with. it's too easy to knock people down. hitting should have a smaller chance to actually knock down but a very high chance to knock back.

i'd add reverse saber style in single and 2x versions at light 3, like starkiller's style. could just be implimented on two handed dual sabers with one blade turned off.

i'd add a more acrobatic alternative style for dual sabers. i might be able to get animations for this.

i'd add lightsaber pikes at heavy 3, like the royal guards from TFU use.

i'd make angled hilts have different properties to standard hilts, explanation in path to destruction

i'd make spinning the camera while swinging give the opportunity to hit more than once, but if you spin around you expose your back and make it harder to block the next swing

i don't like that wallrunning and wallsitting drain BP. it'd be cool if you could hang/grab a ledge and climb up as well as just a flat wall.

silly but serious

is there a way to add a hutt character? a hutt jedi would make the game great. you can do the animations by just sticking the legs together, then you strap on a hutt model to one leg.

can we get yoda's sabers? or the ability to change saber length? smaller sabers swing faster but larger sabers swing longer

are magnaguards out of the question?

can we get helicopter sabers?

Last edited:

Stassin

Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
The huge amounts of ammo available in mb2 pairs relatively well with the ability to corner peek. The innate strength of jedi class with sense is also considerably reduced by this ability, making them more bearable for the average gunner.

swagmaster

Model Fixer Dude
Movie Battles II Team
What is this thread drama all about? A thread by a player who thinks he's mastered the game in about a week and is calling everyone autistic/retarded because he for some reason can't get good at the gameplay features and tips told to him by Veterans? lol

I've viewed this thread for quite a while and have come to the conclusion that many others have:You just cannot compare MB2 to your standart go-lucky FPS.Now,I may not be the most experienced player in the game,but I have player for a while(420 hours) and I think that a lot of your accusations on the core mechanics of the game are blatantly dull.IMO these mechanics make the game a lot more enjoyable(that's my inner sniper talking),but still without corner peeking we would be stuck to a camera that might drain my sanity and make peeking extremely risky.That,for a lot of players would ruin the entirety of the game,because(atleast for me),MB2 would lose it's uniqueness.

And as another person stated,that 3p camera ''fix'' would mess up dueling A WHOLE lot.And about the ''outdated guides'' I don't know if it's that much of a task to simply ask a player all the perks of the saber styles.Eventually,you might find one who will help ya.

Until then,I'll be watching this thread until the most likely event of it being closed

i never said the game needs 1p cam only, just that as you're approaching a wall it should snap to the edge of it not go past it, thus not effecting duels in the slightest.

>make peeking extremely risky

like in those 1p games that aren't arcaded to hell? RO2.... i thought you said the game was deep but you're taking EAbattlefront design decisions and putting them into a COD-style quickscoping setting - and somehow arguing that your game is "more deep" than the games it apparently takes it's ideas from. the projectile rifle is one of about 4 sniper rifles that all do roughly the same damage except for the arc one (i think). the problem is that, like i said before, only a braindamaged tribesman would use a projectile rifle when there is a disruptor cannon lying around.

this is probably the worst community i've ever seen. the thrawn's revenge 2 team doesn't act like this, even if they do think an idea is stupid, you people are literally the most hostile bunch of nobs i've ever seen in control of a mod.

do you know how many times i've heard "l2p"? people still say it after over 2000 hours if you're making a point they don't like about a game. X unit is underpowered and needs a specific buff. "L2P it's meant to suck noob" ingame time has literally no impact on a formed opinion. if i think instant death is a good mechanic in a game that generally has a 4 minute respawn i'll make sure you know, but i don't think that's going to change. neither is my opinion on grip.

so i'll come back in a month and say the same shit, and you'll give the same responses. you're like a bad chef on "Gordon Ramsay's kitchen nightmares"

Last edited:
You had a chance for a normal discussion, but you wasted it.

You came here and presented us your thoughts and ideas. Cool, nothing wrong with that. Then people who have hundreds or even thousands hours of mb2 experience told you why these ideas may be flawed, and why you might want to reconsider them. But instead of listening and having a conversation, you keep talking like only you know what's best for this mod, and we are ignorant idiots who don't know any better.

Nobody will bother to listen to you if you act like that.

You had a chance for a normal discussion, but you wasted it.

You came here and presented us your thoughts and ideas. Cool, nothing wrong with that. Then people who have hundreds or even thousands hours of mb2 experience told you why these ideas may be flawed, and why you might want to reconsider them. But instead of listening and having a conversation, you keep talking like only you know what's best for this mod, and we are ignorant idiots who don't know any better.

Nobody will bother to listen to you if you act like that.

t. irony

i never said the game needs 1p cam only, just that as you're approaching a wall it should snap to the edge of it not go past it, thus not effecting duels in the slightest.

>make peeking extremely risky

like in those 1p games that aren't arcaded to hell? RO2.... i thought you said the game was deep but you're taking EAbattlefront design decisions and putting them into a COD-style quickscoping setting - and somehow arguing that your game is "more deep" than the games it apparently takes it's ideas from. the projectile rifle is one of about 4 sniper rifles that all do roughly the same damage except for the arc one (i think). the problem is that, like i said before, only a braindamaged tribesman would use a projectile rifle when there is a disruptor cannon lying around.

this is probably the worst community i've ever seen. the thrawn's revenge 2 team doesn't act like this, even if they do think an idea is stupid, you people are literally the most hostile bunch of nobs i've ever seen in control of a mod.

do you know how many times i've heard "l2p"? people still say it after over 2000 hours if you're making a point they don't like about a game. X unit is underpowered and needs a specific buff. "L2P it's meant to suck noob" ingame time has literally no impact on a formed opinion. if i think instant death is a good mechanic in a game that generally has a 4 minute respawn i'll make sure you know, but i don't think that's going to change. neither is my opinion on grip.

so i'll come back in a month and say the same shit, and you'll give the same responses. you're like a bad chef on "Gordon Ramsay's kitchen nightmares"
You act as though the hardworking developers of this mod haven't done anything and have just "stole " ideas from other tripple A games. Which, is completely false if you've poured at least 100 hours, which mind you, I do not think is able to be accomplished for the time period of 1 week. As for the projectile rifle you yourself said how annoying it is for corner-peeking with a sniper. Apparently those brain-dead tribesmen that picked the "shit" sniper instead of all-so powerful disrupyor, which, mid you, qlso has a weaknesses like the proj. Ya see, the fact that you cant exploit these weaknesses is a testament to how little youve played this mod.
Also the community, as Liniyka stated, tried to have a civil discussion with you, but sadly you did not like your ideas being critiqued and switched to plain ignorance and pointing out flaws that dont even exist

EDIT:also to add on the sniper comment. When i first started playing MB2 snipers
(especially mando ones) made me rage a lot. But back then I didn't even know the basics. After that I didn't make a thread complaining about the balance because I was self aware enough to know that i might just be a noob. Then I started dueling, and then started to plqy gunner and quickly learned that even though snipers might be harsd opponents they are not impossible to kill.

BTW im typing this on mobile ao any grammatical errors are purely by fat fingers

Last edited:
You act as though the hardworking developers of this mod haven't done anything and have just "stole " ideas from other tripple A games. Which, is completely false if you've poured at least 100 hours, which mind you, I do not think is able to be accomplished for the time period of 1 week. As for the projectile rifle you yourself said how annoying it is for corner-peeking with a sniper. Apparently those brain-dead tribesmen that picked the "shit" sniper instead of all-so powerful disrupyor, which, mid you, qlso has a weaknesses like the proj. Ya see, the fact that you cant exploit these weaknesses is a testament to how little youve played this mod.
Also the community, as Liniyka stated, tried to have a civil discussion with you, but sadly you did not like your ideas being critiqued and switched to plain ignorance and pointing out flaws that dont even exist

EDIT:also to add on the sniper comment. When i first started playing MB2 snipers
(especially mando ones) made me rage a lot. But back then I didn't even know the basics. After that I didn't make a thread complaining about the balance because I was self aware enough to know that i might just be a noob. Then I started dueling, and then started to plqy gunner and quickly learned that even though snipers might be harsd opponents they are not impossible to kill.

BTW im typing this on mobile ao any grammatical errors are purely by fat fingers

i mentioned two features, one that sort of seems stolen, and one that is just a feature of a 3p game without modified camera.

i never mentioned whether or not i could deal with anything i mentioned, you just assumed i'm commenting because i think it's a god weapon.

even if the proj rifle wasn't 1hk it'd still be heavy FP drain. if i changed it i'd personally double firerate 60% dmg, which would actually be a buff vs close range deflecting jedi/sith. i didn't make the thread to talk about the sniper rifles, i just mentioned that other games took out 1hk except for headshots because it was poor gameplay.

somebody said this game wasn't for the masses, yet it has a sleek launcher. why is it not "marketted" to mass consumption? are you hiding from disney?

most of my OP wasn't complaining really. i actually said parts of the game were totally perfect, and i don't use that word lightly.

Sammy

Master of Whispers
Donator
Projectile rifle and disruptor have their advantages and disadvantages. Ruptor does slightly more damage, sure, but you cannot move while charged unlike the projectile rifle. Ruptor is hitscan, and proj takes time to travel.

If you had more experience, you'd realise that idiots don't pick the proj, they choose it because it tailors their specific goal in the round.

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
somebody said this game wasn't for the masses, yet it has a sleek launcher. why is it not "marketted" to mass consumption? are you hiding from disney?

Are you actually that retarded? This has been and probably always will be a small mod community. I'm sure most of us would love it if the media and big youtubers took note and promoted the game. It would be awesome to have many players, MBII remaining in obscurity is not really a choice by our community or dev teams.

Also, I thought I should just mention this but MBII is non-profit so there is nothing to 'market'. Furthermore, the developers are all coding using their own free spare time and thats always how it has been since the inception of MBII (Which is a fucking long time ago now). I think such people should be afforded a modicum of respect. The same goes for beta testers and anyone involved with making guides or content for the game. People are not seeking a livelihood from this game, but its our little community and our little speshul game, which is why we dedicate time to it.

You come in here like we should all bow down before your enlightened wisdom, and completely fail to acknowledge anything outside the scope of your own meager mental perceptions. Being an ignorant noob is one thing, but being a mentally stulted, barely coherent raging egocentric kid who thinks anything other than his own uninformed opinion is unworthy of his time, is quite another. If you want respect from the community you should first exhibit qualities that inspire such. As it is, all you've done is quite the opposite. Stop for a moment and think why every person in this thread is sending shit your way? Is it cause of our oh so awful community? It couldn't possibly be because you're a dick, could it? Nah, of course not. You're a superhero, Johnny.

I hate to say this, but I am starting to admire achilles a little. Almost laughing out loud. I never thought someone like you existed outside of the fucked up milling zombie masses, but I guess the reduction in IQ and mental capabilities that I have observed in normal humans apply to a larger percent of the global population than I originally anticipated? Or maybe we're just lucky to gather so many special snowflakes in one place, I dunno. Regardless, I think you should go home and rethink your laifu. This is not the place to become a martyr, go play call of duty or something.

EDIT: As amusing as this thread is, perhaps its time to end the madness?

Last edited:

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
somebody said this game wasn't for the masses, yet it has a sleek launcher.
are you actually this obtuse, are you actually saying something this dumb

like, i appreciate that you feel like people aren't listening to you, and like your ideas are legitimate, but you're SO insistently confident in every single sweeping criticism you make that it's ridiculous. I imagine it's a confidence born of having successfully contributed ideas to other games. But again (and I don't think you caught this the first time I said it), confidently proposing massive sweeping changes to a decade+ old game like they're obvious is inherently insulting to the community/game. Because of the confidence, mind you, not because of the ideas themselves. You proposed a shitload of largely absolutely ridiculous sweeping sweeping changes (like "bounty hunters should get the same acrobatics as arc troopers") giving almost no explanation for why, except that it's what you'd do.

And when pressed for explanation you have this tendency to just point vaguely off in the distance at something else (like another game) and say "that's why," like "it's broken here because it's broken in other games" or "projectile rifle should be weak because a projectile rifle is used by tusken raiders," neither of which has anything to do with the delicate balance achieved by this game.

also: there's Star Wars Legends projectile rifles other than those used by the tusken raiders. Namely: Zam Wessell's. It's a quiet, low-visibility assassination weapon. Google it.

This game IS more deep than many of the games it takes its ideas from, and I'm not sure anyone's even tried to argue that because it's fuckin' transparent to an experienced player. But if you want an attempt at an argument: It's more deep because it takes a huge array of stuff from a bunch of games (and even genres: fighting games + fps) and mixes it all together in a way that manages to be incredibly balanced overall. That's Why It's More Deep.

I'm sure most of us would love it if the media and big youtubers took note and promoted the game. It would be awesome to have many players

Egh, I'm conficted about that. The overall community average skill-level and willingness to improve is already fairly low, and the tone of chat is already fairly toxic. Not sure I would really like having many many more newbies. Unless a competitive matchmaking system was then created :p :p

(which, I imagine, is impossible, expensive, arduous)

Can someone do God's work and just close this thread.
I think this thread was pretty informative though, I've learned a lot, such as the following:
avnas = shitposter.
Can suggestions like this be called "shitposts",though?I mean,he didn't know the mod well,so...?

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Saber throws would be cool to be looked at though. They've been so uninteresting ever since they were changed away from what they were in B17.

Imagine if they flew sideways like in base, deflected blaster bolts and dealt significant damage. Imagine them passing through multiple targets. How to balance things like that though? Not sure, but I'd love to see the cool factor return to the saber throw.

Status
Not open for further replies.