Appo's Arc Feedback for [CURRENT UPDATE NUMBER HERE]

I'll be updating this thread as updates continue rolling out, will just keep tweaking this OP/posting replies with updates on the glorious state of balance for ARCs and the priority things I think could do with tweaking.

Archive (Fixed issues)
Westar M5 - AMMO
Westar M5 desperately needs loving ATM, I’ve already posted a suggestion thread for this but will gather what I’ve proposed there in here too.
The reserve ammunition for the M5 is far too low. As it stands, I find myself running out of ammo constantly, the magazine is fine but the reserve just isn't enough. You can't compete with snipers and you can't compete with soldiers at the moment so the M5's place, with or without a sniper scope, is pretty much nonexistent as other classes do it much better and you can just take the dual pistols which are just flat out better than the m5 in terms of stats.

I'd suggest either:
A) reduce the ammo per shot from 2 to 1, then ammo 2 / 3 would be fair because as it stands, you get 18 sniper shots or 180 normal shots with ammo 2 which, unless you're somehow hitting headshots with every single shot, is not enough to kill more than 6 players and that's with a generous accuracy rating of 50%.

B) Increase the reserve ammo. At least 1.5x times what it is now so, 360 for ammo 1, 540 for ammo 2 and around 720 for ammo 3.

Alternatively, you could beef up damage to compensate for low damage overall but, as it stands, I'd generally just take the pistols over the m5 every time if it wasn't for the goddamn awful deadzone of those pistols, you basically have to deliberately misplace your crosshair to fight in close quarters.

Westar M5 – FP Drain
So I don’t know which developer ARC players have pissed off or if I’ve just magically started doing less FP damage but it seems like the Westar M5 has had a stealth nerf for FP drain, I’m routinely running out of ammo firing at a saberist, the guys simply don’t go down and I’m having to resort to the old tactic of heroes, let them swing and then fire, because I can’t break through their swingblock or drain their FP fast enough anymore. Can we get this looked at ASAP? I don’t want anything crazy like deka firepower vs saberists but definitely should be doing more than 4 - 5 FP per shot, more like 8 or so would be fair.

Clone Pistols (dual)
The pistols have some serious issues surrounding them, the same as any other pistols in the game. First of all, the animations are super janky and need a touch up honestly. Secondly and more importantly, the convergence on these guns means that they are so useless at close range without swaying your mouse left/right to compensate for each shot. I'd like to see the alternate firemode on these pistols and in fact all pistols not change from firing both pistols to only one but instead adjust the convergence between close range and long range, so you can specify whether your pistols meet their deadzone at fifteen meters or sixty meters. This should make the pistols more enjoyable to use, balance wise though they are fine. DPS is technically higher on pistols than the M5 and the bounce shot is absolutely brilliant for harassing passive sith players.

Animation freeze
There's an issue, I'm not sure what to call it other than animation freeze, where if an ARC is shot at during a getup animation and continues to be shot at, every shot seems to reset or delay the recovery of the getup. I dunno if it is intentional, but it is not intuitive and can really punish solid plays by penalizing one bad getup with a death as you are functionally stun-locked so long as you are getting hit.

Pulse Nades
These things need some work I’d say increase their AOE range and add some health damage to it or failing that just make them cheaper. 4/6/8 points would be more than fair for what they are, they’re a worse frag, conc or sonic grenade that require a follow up as they don’t deal raw damage and weaken an enemy for the rest of the round. The most they do is drain your magazine and most of your armour, which a frag grenade would also have done while dealing health damage as well.

I think with a lower price we’d also start seeing more of these because as it stands, the cost is too high and means you’ll be basically useless as ARC once those nades are gone if you do decide to go for a nade build, unless you only take one but at that point they are practically worthless. If you don't get that follow up by risking yourself, it is more often than not a waste of 10pts.

Pulse Underbarreled Launcher
Same price for the pulse nades should be applied here, maybe combine the two so you can only have two pulse nades in the launcher and 3 in hand, so instead of 4/6/8 it would be 6/8 for 2 launchable nades? Force the launcher to require M5 rank 1 though, so you can't upgrade your M5 to be laser accurate even while sprinting while also having grenades, give it that choice between either the versatility of a nadelauncher or the accuracy of an upgraded M5.

ARC Dexterity Getup Animation Cancel
So I have an obligation not only to propose changes for things I like, but for things that I know are broken to get fixed. The ARC Dexterity getup animation cancel is one of them. Functionally this is when you press the BLOCK/RELOAD key to switch to a blocking animation while in a getup animation as an ARC. Doing this allows you to instantly get up with a very abrupt snap and no obvious indication to an opponent as to what just happened due to being able to cancel the animation and instantly recover. This is blatantly unintentional and needs to be fixed ASAP.

I do have to stress however, it needs to be fixed without impacting the ability of an ARC to cancel lunges and rolls with an uppercut or a block as both of these are crucial feinting maneuvers to bait Sith into an early swing. The dexterity getup animation cancel however removes most possibilities for a Sith to outplay an ARC player outside of very lucky knockdowns using lightning 3 or pull 3.

"""credentials"""
The second video was edited by @Shady

Last edited:

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
I think looking at Pulses next is the right idea. Also just something to leave here, I thought of a rough way of doing the independent pistol firing but haven't had a chance to look at actually implementing such a system. I think that + possibly buffing the base damage on the dual pistols (not back to how they were back in the days when they were probably the most feared weapon in MB2 >_> but just a little bit of a positive nudge on the value) would be some pretty good QoL adjustments.

I think looking at Pulses next is the right idea. Also just something to leave here, I thought of a rough way of doing the independent pistol firing but haven't had a chance to look at actually implementing such a system. I think that + possibly buffing the base damage on the dual pistols (not back to how they were back in the days when they were probably the most feared weapon in MB2 >_> but just a little bit of a positive nudge on the value) would be some pretty good QoL adjustments.

It's good to hear pulse nades are being looked at but I don't think the pistols really need any buffs.

The pistols are really damn good, they have pretty comparable damage (or higher, not exactly sure on the value), a good ROF, perfect accuracy, bounce shots with duals or rank 2 pistol, high ammo counts and fairly low cost compared to other tools. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that the M5 is basically inferior in almost every way to dual pistols, I only really use the M5 because I prefer the look of a carbine rather than pistols.

Even just the bounce on dual pistols is a hell of an advantage compared to the M5, might even be worth looking into ways to beef the M5 up, even though it is more than usable. Still, anything much closer to an E-11 on ARC would be hilariously powerful...

My only real issue with the pistols is that the animation is really wonky, the firing animation is extremely iffy when you combine it with ARC-FU moves :p. Not really a balance issue as much as a visual gripe though.

If you can give pistols the same aiming mechanic as we have on droideka (both pistols converge at the crosshair), that would be the best buff ever.

Also pulse nades are really strong right now. I don't think they should be changed, maybe a SLIGHT cost reduction can be good.

If you can give pistols the same aiming mechanic as we have on droideka (both pistols converge at the crosshair), that would be the best buff ever.

Also pulse nades are really strong right now. I don't think they should be changed, maybe a SLIGHT cost reduction can be good.

I think at that point the M5 would be obsolete unfortunately. That's the only real advantage of the M5, close quarters accuracy :p

Pulse nades are strong but they cost too much, require too much follow up for 10 points and are so easily countered on a class with 1 life.

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
I think the main issue with ARC is not in the weapons anymore.

I'd wager it's more in what kind of specs you have available to you. The point costs can be too high at times.

Dropping the prices of Pulse Grenades to 8 each would free up an immense amount of build options. The same goes for adjusting Dexterity to 4-8-12. These seemingly small changes will make it possible to pick stronger setups with more utility, play potential and durability.

Clone Pistols (dual)
If the devs ever get time, please fix the animations. The firing animation looks hella-bad compared to something like mando pistol animations, the reload looks retarded and it looks even worse if you fire them while wallrunning, you end up not even aiming the gun in the general direction of people… Just an aesthetic thing but pls fix.

Yes, the run animations on dual pistols are very unstable as well, they're all jittery.

I'd wager it's more in what kind of specs you have available to you. The point costs can be too high at times.

Dropping the prices of Pulse Grenades to 8 each would free up an immense amount of build options. The same goes for adjusting Dexterity to 4-8-12. These seemingly small changes will make it possible to pick stronger setups with more utility, play potential and durability.

Agreed.

Additionally, I think the PLX-1 Level 3 should get another new perk at reduced cost instead of more rockets.
Give us 4 rockets total at L2 and unlock Pulse Rockets at L1 with 2 rockets, no one's going to use more than 4 rockets in a round,
it's only a tool for trolls right now.

Last edited:

SomeGuy

Donator
Internal Beta Team
The one thing I've always wanted for ARCs....
latest

Actually I feel like ARC weapons are too powerful atm. You get perfect accuracy at all times, fast blaster bolts, deal insane damage and can have EMP nades or what not coupled with it. ARCs arguably have the most powerful guns in whole MB2 at their disposal, not to mention 100 armor and dexterity.

You guys are fucking nuts if you wanna buff the guns even more. Go and use some other weapon like the E-11 and tell me it's not insanely inferior to the ARC weapons.

Last edited:
Actually I feel like ARC weapons are too powerful atm. You get perfect accuracy at all times, fast blaster bolts, deal insane damage and can have EMP nades or what not coupled with it. ARCs arguably have the most powerful guns in whole MB2 at their disposal, not to mention 100 armor and dexterity.

You guys are fucking nuts if you wanna buff the guns even more. Go and use some other weapon like the E-11 and tell me it's not insanely inferior to the ARC weapons.

Yeah, they're strong, but you can't really afford the 100 armor and L3 dexterity right now.
E-11 L2 is the second cheapest weapon in the game and its mostly used by multiple lives classes.
I'd rather play a Hero or Bounty Hunter than an assault ARC Trooper nowaday, because they are so much faster and convenient than the ARC Troopers as a whole (Move Speed class modifier, Dash, Leap Kick, Poison, etc...)

The Grenade Launcher costs a bunch too, what's the point if you only get 3 Pulse Grenade?

My ideas: (edit: deleted the first half of the original text, it would be a total waste of time for you to read it)
I suggest to give M5 sniper mode a 2nd lvl, which would turn the sniper mode into an EE3 sniper mode. Players could choose on their own, so it wouldnt nerf M5 even if you believe M5 sniper is better than EE3 sniper. And I'd think about removing the sticky effect of the M5 grenade launcher mode and turning the used grenade into an instantly exploding pulse grenade... I mean instaltly exploding on contact. To be honest I dont know how it'd work ingame (maybe it'd be OP, I dont know), but unless you can shoot a grenade into your target, the current weapon mode is kinda useless, especially because of its very expensive ammo pool.
A small change for the Clone Pistol would be to remove lvl2, turning lvl3 into lvl2 (for the current points of course); and add a new lvl3 for the (dual) pistol which'd turn the bouncing secondary fire into a charged fire. I only suggest this, because a large part of the community simply dont use bounced fire, regardless its effectiveness. This'd help them, and it wouldnt be a huge change ingame.
Adding Frag Grenade to ARC would be a great help as well. I dont see any reason against this idea. Clones used "normal" explosions in the war. They are not gungans. Jetpack is a returning idea... I cant imagine any reason against this idea as well, but I'm sure this will never happen. I mean if its possible to add hats to each character, adding jetpack for 4 ARC Trooper (Deltas) wouldnt have to be impossible, so there has to be some other reason against it.
Dexterity and Stamina are good, if the player know how to use them. Same goes to Armour. The Ammo problem (of M5) was solved by a previous patch.
Ideas which I totally dont support: making currently available abilities and/or weapons cheaper or free. No. All available ability has its own point value for a reason. Open mode didnt change at all in the past years, so there is no reason to lower the point reuqirements of certain abilities. Or making them free. It would be like giving Poison Dart for free to BHs. Just why?

Last edited:

Insane damage = 26?
Fast blaster bolts = same speed as E-11, EE-3, Wingun?
Perfect accuracy for 16pts on a class that needs you to spend at least another 30pts in order to be viable in most situations, 46 pts (or thereabouts).
EMP nades are shit, they're not a talking point. Your enemy has to be pretty bad for them to make a difference in a fight.

ARC guns are accurate but not powerful, give me wingun or e-11 on ARC and my K/D:R will double or triple, easily. Already did this during the !spin event, E-11 on ARC was crazy OP because of how fast it fires at close range & decent accuracy in semi auto at long range.

What, at sniping? sure. But what the fuck are you doing sniping with an m5. Use a proj.
E-11 > M5 in every way at close quarters combat due to ROF, accuracy means shit compared to the pure rape the E-11 outputs at close range.

M5 is a bit more even with E-11 at mid-range but honestly, with good trigger discipline & movement, that LMB shot on E-11 is more deadly than M5 will ever be just spamming shots, I'd also rather have a close combat weapon as ARC because playing dex 3 lets you abuse the mobility, a high fire rate weapon works extremely well (far too well) with ARC in that situation, hence why ARC doesn't have E-11.

Yeah, they're strong, but you can't really afford the 100 armor and L3 dexterity right now.
E-11 L2 is the second cheapest weapon in the game and its mostly used by multiple lives classes.
I'd rather play a Hero or Bounty Hunter than an assault ARC Trooper nowaday, because they are so much faster and convenient than the ARC Troopers as a whole (Move Speed class modifier, Dash, Leap Kick, Poison, etc...)

Ofc you can afford it, easily.
ARC loadout stuff isn't really an issue anymore, at this point the only real balance issues are the EMPs being useless and the PLX being useless in all but 1 situation (enemy is afk or doesn't have a half-decent sith).

I suggest to give M5 sniper mode a 2nd lvl, which would turn the sniper mode into an EE3 sniper mode. Players could choose on their own, so it wouldnt nerf M5 even if you believe M5 sniper is better than EE3 sniper. And I'd think about removing the sticky effect of the M5 grenade launcher mode and turning the used grenade into an instantly exploding pulse grenade... I mean instaltly exploding on contact. To be honest I dont know how it'd work ingame (maybe it'd be OP, I dont know), but unless you can shoot a grenade into your target, the current weapon mode is kinda useless, especially because of its very expensive ammo pool.

Not a mirror of the QS-3 please, ARC's M5 sniper mode isn't great but I prefer it 100 times more than simply ripping off the Mando snipe, let Mandos be special, ARC sniper isn't a bad idea but it should focus more on accurate suppression fire with higher travel rate but less dmg & ammo use than most snipers.

That would be too much I think, I mean it already does on dekas but if I could just fire EMPs into proximity to stun people instantly, it'd probably be way too powerful. The issue with EMPs though is cost, they cost too much for what they do, they don't kill everyone in range like a thermal detonator, they don't deal 60+ hp and armour damage like a frag at close range and they don't stun people through walls like sonic nades in such a way that they can't fight back. They're terrible.

A small change for the Clone Pistol would be to remove lvl2, turning lvl3 into lvl2 (for the current points of course); and add a new lvl3 for the (dual) pistol which'd turn the bouncing secondary fire into a charged fire. I only suggest this, because a large part of the community simply dont use bounced fire, regardless its effectiveness. This'd help them, and it wouldnt be a huge change ingame.

Nope. The solution to balance problems is not to mirror other classes (mando) but to fix what's wrong with them, pistols aren't bad in terms of balance at all (better than M5 in every way) they just have some animation bugs, if people can't adapt to the bounce or don't use it, that's their failing lol.

Adding Frag Grenade to ARC would be a great help as well. I dont see any reason against this idea. Clones used "normal" explosions in the war. They are not gungans. Jetpack is a returning idea... I cant imagine any reason against this idea as well, but I'm sure this will never happen. I mean if its possible to add hats to each character, adding jetpack for 4 ARC Trooper (Deltas) wouldnt have to be impossible, so there has to be some other reason against it.
Dexterity and Stamina are good, if the player know how to use them. Same goes to Armour. The Ammo problem (of M5) was solved by a previous patch.

Again, more mirrors. I don't want to see ARCs just being Mandos and Commanders all at once, they have a unique role already, no reason to muck it up and add all this random shit that might have seemed cool in whatever comic but doesn't really fit in a class based shooter where each class brings their own specialty.

Ideas which I totally dont support: making currently available abilities and/or weapons cheaper or free. No. All available ability has its own point value for a reason. Open mode didnt change at all in the past years, so there is no reason to lower the point reuqirements of certain abilities. Or making them free. It would be like giving Poison Dart for free to BHs. Just why?

I don't want to see free abilities either but stuff like EMPs definitely needs a point cost reduction. They're useless for the current price.

Last edited:
Additionally, I think the PLX-1 Level 3 should get another new perk at reduced cost instead of more rockets.
Give us 4 rockets total at L2 and unlock Pulse Rockets at L1 with 2 rockets, no one's going to use more than 4 rockets in a round,
it's only a tool for trolls right now.
This is what I think:
Rank 1 - 10 pts - PLX with 1 rocket
Rank 2 - 15 pts - +1 rocket + faster rocket speed (only for the rockets without Plasma Grenades attached to them)
Rank 3 - 25 pts - +2 rockets + rockets stay always in the PLX once loaded

Whats the problem with using other classes' abilities? Its not like ARC Troopers didnt use "non ARC Trooper" stuffs like Blaster (DC-15=E-11); normal grenades (Frag Grenade), repeaters (DC-15A) in canon. And half of the gunner classes are already doing it, so it really cant be such a problem.
To be honest I dont understand what do you want. You say ARC cant use other classes' abilities like Frag Grenade, better sniper mode and charged shots. Okay, I get it. In my opinion the point cost of Pulse Grenades cannot be changed, unless the droid classes get some direct counter abiilities against the cheap grenades... especially because the cheap grenade would be spammed. I dont think PLX could be further balanced, because the problem is not with the weapon, but with Force Push in this case. If you bypass Push somehow, the rocket will be way too powerful. The class' speed is good, the armor is good, ammo is good. The Dexterity just got a massive update in a few years ago (which is not a long time here) to balance its "problems". What kind of change do you want to see? Making Pulse cheaper would be OP against droid classes, and hardly would change anything against non droid classes. The grenade itself would be still nearly useless against non droid classes, no matter how many points would you spend on it. Ah, sorry, not useless, "just as useful as Sonic Grenade and Fire Grenades are". Speaking of them, they'd have to be cheaper if Pusle would be cheaper, because they're all "special grenades": we use them to stun and make other stuffs to the target, not to kill. So... we dont use them at all, because Frag Grenade does the very same, but better. :D Well, except on droid classes, which are not so popular.
About the Pistol change: I think the Clone Pistol is the best pistol ingame. I only suggested to give charged shots as an alternative, because many players simply dont use it, I thought maybe they'll consider the charged shots more useful for their game style, so they'd choose the Clone Pistol. And I agree with you, I also think Pistol is much better than M5, but as I see ingame, others see it differently. And this change wouldnt take away the bouncing shots, so I have to ask, why not?

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
The level 2 M5 in good hands, with Stamina 3, is a beast imo. It's 28 damage (EDIT: 24. My bad.), fires at a similar rate to E-11 alt-fire (EDIT: Which is also 24.), and is fully accurate while sprinting all over the place. Its pinpoint accuracy (no spread and no dual-pistol gap) means you can focus completely on headshots, while remaining extremely evasive. You don't need more than Dex 2 or even Dex 1 if you're playing as a group gunner rather than Rambo, although ARC is possibly the best class for playing Rambo.

I think it's a very strong balance between the direct headshot pressure of P3 and the suppressing spray power of E-11.

just my opinion :^(

Last edited:
I dont think PLX could be further balanced, because the problem is not with the weapon, but with Force Push in this case. If you bypass Push somehow, the rocket will be way too powerful.
Right now you kill more teammates with it than enemies. I've never seen one pro ARC rocketeer in my life. Mostly new players take rockets because they deem them cool and drop them later when they see how much they suck. What's the point of having a rocket launcher when your rocket speed is the same as Mando's who doesn't have it (and who has an advantage of jetpack to make his rocket more surprising)? It's way too easy to push a rocket, unless the ARC is guessing when enemies are approaching a corner and shoots behind the corner or shoots unseen from a covered position, which can also be countered by Pushing behind corners and by Sensing hidden ARCs. The slight increase in rocket speed I proposed for rank 2 and rockets staying in the barrel after changing weapons for rank 3 wouldn't make the weapon overpowered, especially as you no longer get max 6 rockets but only 4. It still wouldn't be too hard to push the rockets, only more challenging, and the gunners benefit more from the ARC having 2 less rockets, than having slightly decreased rocket speed and an empty barrel after weapon change (and they can still shoot the rocket that is being launched to detonate it in the ARC's face). The point cost of the combined PLX perks would be less expensive and there would be a bigger window for spending your points on something else, instead of having a pretty much pure rocket build.
This is what I think:
Rank 1 - 10 pts - PLX with 1 rocket
Rank 2 - 15 pts - +1 rocket + faster rocket speed (only for the rockets without Plasma Grenades attached to them)
Rank 3 - 25 pts - +2 rockets + rockets stay always in the PLX once loaded

The suggested idea would turn the PLX into a killing machine against careless Sith and most gunner classes, but it wouldnt make any difference against a decent Sith... while of course it'd be much stronger against a gunner. If you buff the rocket speed, and you give 4x1 pre-loaded rockets to an ARC, it'll easily kill almost all non-decent player. It'd help the user in offensive role (like on DotF, Lunar, DS, Corellia; just to say the most popular ones), but it'd be kinda OP if its used in a defender team (like on Echobase or Kamino). At least this is what I think about this.
I understand what you want to say, but explosives, especially the PLX Rocket will always suffer against Jedi/Sith players, nothing will change it, as long Jedi has unlimited ammo for the Force abilities.

Last edited:
Edit: To be honest limited Force ammo (like 3 ammo on Push / life) would solve a lot of problem with the Jedi /Sith class. Including this.

That would make saberists completely useless.

God forbid the PLX-1 kills anything.
It's the worst weapon in the game in cost/effectiveness, it could use a buff.

1) Lol it wouldnt. Of course some abilities would require a huge redesign, because all anti-Jedi move is optimized against Push spam and Lightning spam, but just because the resource management would change, the saber abilities wouldnt. The only main difference would be that Push would be much more a support skill, instead of an offensive skill... against decent players, this change wouldnt teach those who dont walk how to hold Shift of course.
2) The worst cost/effectiveness ratio is based on 3 things:
- Push
- Jedi/Sith spam in Open mode
- the ARC use the weapon in the wrong place, in the wrong time
All 3 factor has 1 common point: the Jedi/Sith. The base idea is focusing to bypass this common point, to beat the reaction time Jedi players. You may didnt even realize that the suggested idea would affect the vs gunner combats as well. I saw decent rocket spammer ARC players. They knew when, and against who to use the rockets. If you use the rockets against Sith, and get killed after this, you really cant blame the weapon. Yes, its the most situational weapon in the whole game, but also has great damage. And again: the idea may could work against Sith, but it'd affect gunner combat as well... and in my opinion, in the wrong way. That's my problem with the suggestion, not the idea to make PLX a bit less situational weapon.

explosives, especially the PLX Rocket will always suffer against Jedi/Sith players, nothing will change it, as long Jedi has unlimited ammo for the Force abilities.
Another possible solution would be to nerf Force Push/Pull. It can also be done by increasing their cooldown and reducing the radius, so that saberists actually have to aim in order to push something/someone and not push everything and everyone in front of them. I don't know where in the movies Push/Pull functions like it does in MB2, so it can be changed. Force Push/Pull is the only reason Jedi/Sith are overpowered. Instead of nerfing it directly, other mechanics were added like flinch to reduce their overpoweredness.