Mandalorian Improvement: Jetpack activation

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
With 1.4.3's addition of three new ability buttons, the jetpack ought to be bound to one of them.

This would give a fairly small buff to Mandalorians when fighting Jedi, as they would be able to turn on their jetpack while walking, rather than having to jump and risk being pushed in that moment. And jetpacking without jumping wouldn't even be the best option in many situations, because it would give you a low starting speed, keeping you in swing range for longer.

It would also just be "cleaner" to be able to turn on the jetpack with one key press instead of a double-tap or a hold. In particular, it would make the input for the jetpack roll-launch much less frenetic.

(and, to be clear, the regular jetpack inputs would still work too. Or it could be optional.)

edit, random other thought while my mind is on jetpacks: actually, nevermind. I'll put it in another thread.

Last edited:

AODVIX

US Official Server Admin
Oooooo Please dew it.
post-43383-do-it-gif-Star-Wars-revenge-of-h5ES.gif

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
bunp

I want to be sure a dev saw this, since it's surely a really simple change, and if there's not a reason to not dew it, then there's no reason it shouldn't be in 1.4.4.

Or...it adds a tiny moment of vulnerability to jetpack activation that should stay in:)

Or have we evolved past those old schools of thought.
Uh oh, I got a bad feeling about this.

Famous Yoda Quote.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
sure, if it's already been thought of, discussed, and rejected for reasons like that, then i'm fine with that, i just want to make sure a dev sees.

I agree with this 100%.
The jetpack activation seems too slow, there should be a class button to activate it manually.

I was just about to agree with Smee, but was reminded of fast get up move which mandalorian doesn't have. About slow starting speed: if you only start your jetpack when in range of jedi's swing - that's your problem.
P.S. English is not my native language.

Last edited:

chicknman

Banned
Or...it adds a tiny moment of vulnerability to jetpack activation that should stay in:)

Or have we evolved past those old schools of thought.
Uh oh, I got a bad feeling about this.

Famous Yoda Quote.
Mando has been garbage class for as long as I've been playing. The fact that they don't have quick get up is beyond me, but having to jump to use a jetpack is just plain dumb to keep in if it can be fixed.

DaloLorn

Movie Battles II Team Retired

I find it quite pleasing to play CMP maps where all the soldiers are actually reskinned Mandos with low-tier EE-3s... probably because I'm one of the few people I know of who bother to watch their firing cycles. :D

Hexodious

Movie Battles II Team
We used to have this in B16. It was reallllllllly strong as /quickjp allowed you to avoid vulnerability all together.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Oh interesting.

Also, I know I already said this but I guess it was in another thread, personally I've changed my mind about this idea. I like the vulnerability.

Meanwhile, my other ideas about manual LMB/RMB dual pistol control, fixing dual pistol crosshair accuracy a bit, fixing first person dual pistol breaking the game (making dual pistols more usable when flying near the ceiling, without having to turn off viewmodels), improving Wrist Blaster accuracy at close range by letting you hold your arm out for a moment before firing, and adding Wrist Blaster reload beeps to make it easier to track your ammo are all still great ideas imo.

We used to have this in B16. It was reallllllllly strong as /quickjp allowed you to avoid vulnerability all together.

Well, I enjoyed it. It was a dance of attack and retreat for both jedi and mando. The chase was fun. My favorite field of play for these little matches was one of Lindseys earlier naboo/theed maps. Several buildings with glass you could crash through.

Those were the days. Thats what the official map lacks. A central structure that you can pass through for different venues of attack/cover/defense.
Right now, still favors open fest for sniper whores warring.

Wait, quick jp? Think you're confusing zero cooldown with jp mechanics ala jump or double tap that have hardly ever changed.