The Shame of Force Grip

th

It's that time again. A new movie, a new age, a new newness to an old, decrepit mod.:)

Where once again through our inaction we shame the Movies that brought such joy and wonder to our lives by letting the ruinous remains of Force Grip fester on in their current state of decay. T_T

th

Fiends, trash, vile scum!!

Force Grip, that Iconic Power, that first expression of the force we see in the movies, wielded by Darth Vader...is lacking in MB.
Don't you find that...Disturbing????

I personally blame the lock timer and how situational it's use is compared to the versatility and ease of EVERY OTHER force ability in this game.
But that's a moot point. :)
Wait, no it isn't! That's exactly the point!!

I advocate...for Change!

Make Force Grip Great Again!

Simple Change that nevertheless some Snowflakes will melt in a puddle over. Your tears bring me joy!!

Force Grip - Instant Grip - just like the old, old version - for movement and provided you closed the distance with enough force.
Grip lock timer for Damage and Paralysis(inability to attack.)
So you'd be able to instantly grip to mitigate, halt or control their movement. But, to prevent them from firing and attacking, you'd need to get the lock on locked down. The lock on timer would start as soon as you instant gripped them and would of course require you to maintain ur crosshair on them.

The only question is.....is....is...... is the ability to fire into a sith enough or should being shot/attacked also affect and reset the griplock paralysis timer?

/Mic Drop.

Anyone that disagrees with me. I forgive....

Them for their Stupidity!
t(-_-)t

Dark_Vador_Dance.gif

DaloLorn

Movie Battles II Team Retired
The difference is range, and functionality.

Because Grip 3 with infinite range would be incredibly broken. They need to have different uses, really.

Yes, yes, I know - what I mean is this:

Grip 1: Same as before.

Grip 2: Same as before, but if it's out of range it falls back to Grip 1 instead of simply failing.

Grip 3: Same as before, but if it's out of range it falls back to Grip 2 (which may or may not have to fall back to Grip 1 because of range) instead of simply failing.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Hmm, that might work, but you'd need different colors for the grip activation icon so you know the version you're doing.

Grip level 1 has infinite range (Can channel from any distance), but it doesn't stun enemies, but forces them to walk. Targets can still fire, but cannot use class specials or jump. If the Sith takes damage during the channeling, the grip is broken. 7 Seconds of continuous grip will kill the target, if the grip is released early all HP is regained by the target. Grip can only be channeled while walking. Sense 3 allows a Sith to target enemies through walls with grip level 1.

Lulz. You're out of your mind:)

First of all, the whole concept of grip working at any distance to force-WALK players is lulz worthy.
But using sense 3 to grip through walls where even lvl 1 can kill if enough time passes...while they're forced to walk... lulz, the lulz, the lulz are too much.

Leave the brilliantly bad ideas to me. I fear for the beta:)

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
They're only forced to walk when the grip is actually activated, and the line of sight can be broken, unless the Sith spends points to invest in sense 3, even then, it can only affect one gunner at once, and the difficulty of keeping your cursor on someone at such insane distances is nearly impossible. Plus they can still shoot relatively accurately while in the slowed-grip state. I think you may be visualizing this wrong.

I salute you sir. In a game where the majority of saber abusers try to push running players down, you, sir, aim to keep players upright and walking tall.
And then just think of all the teamwork aspects!

At last, my careful eye and assured judgement will let me calm the panicking feet of my teammates. With my God-s Eye view I shall bend the field of battle to my whim! Will?

:)

Plus, I've suggested all these things before.
t(-_-)t

And just because its Christmas. Merry FU to Sxx, Treacherous Fool. A thousand and one suggestions lost forever.

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Sense 3 to Grip through walls would be insane... but a bucketload of fun. Very fitting to the Darth Vader fantasy of choking people in other distant ships.

Might be too much for Open sadly. Something nice to have in FA though?

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Sense 3 to Grip through walls would be insane... but a bucketload of fun. Very fitting to the Darth Vader fantasy of choking people in other distant ships.

Might be too much for Open sadly. Something nice to have in FA though?

Well, the question is, can you hold grip on someone for 7-8 seconds at a very far distance when they can see your grip targeting, and evade, before you run out of FP from sense 3, and have to wait again. I don't think it would be that bad, though it would be quite scary to most gunner classes, so it serves as an area-denial combo. If they aren't careful, they can get choked to death through a wall.

Lots of numbers tweaking unless the first math guesstimate was good.

Let me try to remember other ideas I've had for grip.

Old idea was to add a secondary ability to grip - crush, where you expended force points to do heavy dmg.
Other ideas were synergies with push/pull like lightning where you could fling gripped fools to the ground or into others.
You can do a form of that with grip and push but...meh. Not the same of yesteryear.

Of course...another idea....why do we need to channel grip?:)

1st, a caveat, trying to grip someone would be the equivalent of using lightning - You would be unable to push or pull for x amount of seconds.
You'll see why this much at least is needed in a moment:)
Now with this idea, grip would function almost the same in regards to grip locking. However, once you achieved a griplock, the enemy would be gripped, floating in the air, gasping, clutching his neck, whilst you could move freely about and do as you please.

Dun dun dun.

Once a lock is achieved, no need to channel. With above push/pull limitations - its grip lock or death, think it would be a fair battle, even 1 on 1:)
More so than now methinks.

Sanity is my weapon. Fear me.

The only way I would fix Force Grip is with a longer recovery time.
It is already a really powerful force power against Jedi

Last edited:
ok so i need to say my favorite time of force grip was before 1.3 or whenever that was before all the nerf that made you to have focus on the target before being able to grip them, before you could easily grip 3 them in like 1 sec or really fast. but people found that 2 OP so they were complaining and it was nerfed

You need some pills?

There's what happened and then there's playing pretend.
No big complaints about grip being op or unfair publicly.
It was one of those sneak changes:)

Let the people that actually were there revise the history.:)

And back then no one really complained because grip was fun and there were tons of counter ops.
But its a moot point as this is a revised form of an ability that's had all the numerous nerfs to gunners and jedi taken into account.

Durr.