NEW UPDATE HELP - HOSTING

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Okay thanks, does it have to be mode 7 though, thats all isnt it? it says put it to mode 3 to be duel?
7 is the Moviebattles Mod. To change the MB2 gamemode, use this.
Code:
seta g_Authenticity "2"                        // MB Mode setting - 0 = Open mode, 1 = Semi-Authentic, 2 = Full-Authentic.
3 is Duel mode correct me if I'm wrong

It just changed the authenticity not the game mode :/ ive got it running for all but when i changed the game type to 3 it wouldnt work

Last edited:

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
It just changed the authenticity not the game mode :/ ive got it running for all but when i changed the game type to 3 it wouldnt work
Such replies doesn't actually give an useful information.
What doesn't work? What did you want? What actions did you take? What output did you receive?
Post logs. Post screenshots.

And still, g_gametype must be 7 for Movie Battles, g_Authenticity changes modes of MBII itself.
For a duel mode, g_Authenticity must be 3.

when i set the code for the game type in the server.cfg file to 7, it works perfectly, However if i change the game mode to 3 in the code like it says to do so for the duel gamemode this happens

Attachments

• code.png
    code.png
    47.7 KB · Views: 220
  • cfg.png
    cfg.png
    17.5 KB · Views: 201

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
LEAVE GAMETYPE AS 7. SET AUTHENTICITY TO 3.

boi ur making me tilted

Last edited:
I sorted the server out now however only i can join to it, so what do i use for my friends to join? ive tried hamachi by getting them to join my network, then press shift and ` key then type "connect *my ipv4 address*" but only i get in?

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
And now we're back to the start. All you need to do is open port for hamatchi. Or... just look up how to use jampded for your server and just put a password on it or something.

Code:
jampDed.exe +set fs_game "MBII" +set net_port 29070 +exec server.cfg +g_dedicated 2
You should be able to make a .bat with this and it should work

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
I sorted the server out now however only i can join to it, so what do i use for my friends to join? ive tried hamachi by getting them to join my network, then press shift and ` key then type "connect *my ipv4 address*" but only i get in?
I can barely understand what you are talking about, and your post doesn't contain an useful information.

What is output of console of your server?
Did you configure port forwarding of your router, if any?
Did you configure your firewalls (Kaspersky, NOD32, Agnitum Outpost, Windows built-in...)?
What exactly happens when your friends connecting to your server? Any error messages?

Post logs. Post screenshots.
Without required detailed information in your every reply, you will not get any help.

As I said before, I know nothing about Hamachi.
You may wait till someone who knows how to deal with that software appears in this thread, but I recommend you to run a server without Hamachi, using just jampded or openjkded.

Basically, each time you launch a server, you must check is it in MBII server web-list:
Movie Battles II Server List
If you can't see your server there, you're doing something wrong, and your friends won't be able to connect it anyway.

Please notice you have to configure your router and firewall in order to other people could connect your server.
Port 29070 (or whatever you do use) must be forwarded in router and opened in firewall.
If you don't know how to setup your router or firewall, post full brand name, model, version of hardware and software you have.

Last edited:
Okay ill try doing it without hamachi then, theyre the screenshots from bits of the server if that helps, and so i think ill have to learn to portforward then. For Firewall i know i have AVG installed and if thats not it i have windows installed and im with virgin media so ill have to look up how to portforward that? ive never done this before so hopefully this goes well

Attachments

• code 2.png
    code 2.png
    8 KB · Views: 205
  • code 3.png
    code 3.png
    25.3 KB · Views: 202

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
So, can you see your server here: Movie Battles II Server List ? Yes or no?
Just disable it completely.
Disable it completely, too:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-982f851617ed/turn-windows-firewall-on-or-off
how to portforward that?
Do you have a router? What your router's brand name and model is?

For generic manual for port forwarding, just google "port forwarding".
For instruction for your specidic router, google "<manufacturer> <model> port forwarding".

okay and no it doesnt show up, ill diasble the firewalls after i googl how to portforward, i have a virgin media superhub.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
i have a virgin media superhub.
Yes, you have to set up port forwarding.

Follow this guide:
Setting up port forwarding and port triggering on my Virgin Media router
Start and end ports must be port your server use, most likely 27090.
Set protocol TCP&UDP.
Local IP: you can find it on property page of a connection.

Post triggering isn't needed.

Make a screenshot for each step of configuring port forwarding you took, and post them all here.

You may find this helpful: Hosting Server: Windows

7af27097c76a.png

Last edited: