Force Whoring.

Preston

Nerd
I'd say it would all be about using force focus properly. Keep in mind it doesn't automatically drop down to 0 (as a timer of sorts) if you lose sight of someone. It's not really supposed to be an even match-up though. You are essentially trading off capacity to duel for more anti-gunner things.
you joined mb2 team? :D

I've seen some pretty good forcewhore users like Alteran, he had also a lightsaber and only used it for mblocking Jedi but imo its too risky. Otherwise it always depends who's the forcewhore, who he's facing and also the situation he's in.

I've seen some pretty good forcewhore users like Alteran, he had also a lightsaber and only used it for mblocking Jedi but imo its too risky. Otherwise it always depends who's the forcewhore, who he's facing and also the situation he's in.
Cultist is pretty good, he puts 0 points in defense and a lot of points into force powers.
He still has a saber but cant really defend himself with it and relys on acrobatics to kill people, and surprise force powers.

SomeGuy

Donator
Internal Beta Team
I'd like to see some kind of buff for saberless force whores, like faster FP regen. It's really fun to play it though, even if you don't do much.

Dare I say it?

Yes, I shall!

Perks!
Saberless forcewhores that purchase sense should have whatever level that sense is...permanently active at no force cost!

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
Would make sense for full force specs to get something in exchange for losing pretty much all capacities to saber...Would likely need some kind of explicit way to distinguish the spec(s) though.

Some thoughts off the top of my head:
1) Increased FP regen
2) Higher FP pool/something regarding FB threshold per level
3) If push got changed to a lower arc (to bring it more in line with pull), could have current spread as a bonus
4) Stuff like having level 3 MT + 2/3 FB = passive sense negation while meditating?

Lots of possibilities.

Smee

Banned
Would make sense for full force specs to get something in exchange for losing pretty much all capacities to saber...Would likely need some kind of explicit way to distinguish the spec(s) though.
Force destruction? I don't think it would be OP. Obviously it would only be usable if the player has saber defense 0.

SomeGuy

Donator
Internal Beta Team
Force destruction uses a crap ton of FP though. I think it'd still need more regen.

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
Force destruction? I don't think it would be OP. Obviously it would only be usable if the player has saber defense 0.
When I said something in exchange, I didn't necessarily mean more force powers per se; more along the lines of how it is currently with using a saber. You basically spend 30 of your 80 points to get level 2 defense and whichever style you want. That limits the potential you have as far as what combination of powers and effects you get. So, if you're sacrificing the ability of having a saber (which also takes deflect with it), there should be a reasonable gain (the current is just slightly more access to the same stuff with the pretty big disadvantage of no saber).

Also, I don't think destruction really has a place in Open. A more limited version of deadly sight might but that would be stretching it, IMO.

SomeGuy

Donator
Internal Beta Team
New force powers aren't really going to cut it. Except something that will finally let Sith get speed back. Maybe a force protection power, like in base, but it makes FP act like armor. Not like armor in MB but like in base where it mitigates health damage. Higher levels would have a better damage ratio of HP/FP. For Force whore, would increase survivability. For saberist..... Probably not a good idea.

Anyway Sith need speed. No FA powers, please. And deadly sight was OP as hell in JK1.