MB2 Official Event: Point Progression!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes I feel like a dinosaur playing this game.

l1j8if6.gif

Whats so scary about it? Deka with 20 points either have so low firepower that you can circle it ad infinitum and kill it even with pistol 1... OTOH, if he is high points already, chances are there are other people than can buy one clown ion blob, that basically means death to all dekas on server. Not even mentioning out-maneuvering deka in cramped places, etc...

It is not that deka wasn't present when point progression was basic mode (and it wasn't weaker, in fact quite the opposite). MB2 players are whinny nowadays :(

Well - I guess that the answer to "Do you have what it takes..... to do things the hard way?" question from the first post is a pink rainbow unicorn "NO, I'm too puny" for most players.
You must have been graciously spared from A.I, or you would know the pain. I do not kid when I say giving Q11 a 1.2HP deka is enough to take down 16 players.

Cat Lady

Movie Battles II Team Retired
And other 16 players must be just being totally, completely, and hopelessly DOTF-dumb style not knowing that *they* are doing, at all.

900 shield or not, it ALL goes away by just SINGLE ion-blob - for quite long time, if you charge it properly. Now, clown with respawn can have freakin' 12 of them. Add to this fact that deka becomes unable to properly move or shoot during this time, to.

If THIS was the real reason point progression server was empty, then our player base is just big MEH.

And other 16 players must be just being totally, completely, and hopelessly DOTF-dumb style not knowing that *they* are doing, at all.

900 shield or not, it ALL goes away by just SINGLE ion-blob - for quite long time, if you charge it properly. Now, clown with respawn can have freakin' 12 of them. Add to this fact that deka becomes unable to properly move or shoot during this time, to.

If THIS was the real reason point progression server was empty, then our player base is just big MEH.
Well, firstly, the map was actually DoTF when the event started, or at least I remember a majority of it on DoTF, so I would expect the players would at least know a little. With the whole clone thing, while that is true, it won't change the fact that a good player, or decent even, will most likely retreat after being hit with one. We also are seeming to forget this deka, which decided to play a event where you can almost max it, was no other then Q-11.

Everyone who has met Q-11, or any other A-I for that fact, would know that they are actually very good players, who even post videos every so often just crushing our spirits showing how much they win. When you add all these together, you get an event ruled by Q-11. Most games I play with them, they usually get half the kills, and are the top of their team. I wouldn't doubt a majority of players left before others could come in because no one wanted to fight Q-11, and by the time others join the current team had left out for age.

That made me laugh. I'm sure they look intimidating to you but they're more annoying than any actual threat against - see previous post.
Any average player can kill noobs. Its just easier when u abuse deka/SBD against them. Since when was ez mode skill?

That made me laugh. I'm sure they look intimidating to you but they're more annoying than any actual threat against - see previous post.
Any average player can kill noobs. Its just easier when u abuse deka/SBD against them. Since when was ez mode skill?
IF the deka is easy mode, then wouldn't it just prove my point more that someone who plays it a lot would win a lot? Practice=Experience=Reward. It also seems like you are saying Q-11 isn't all that good, but just instead great because of deka. I would say that is wrong, as they have clearly proven they have played for a while, and are much better then most other deka players. A-I in total is made of great players.

It would also be funny to say deka/SBD is Op, and that's why they win, when with that logic a player who is good at Jedi would be using easy mode. When someone is good at a class, and they have played for a while, chances are they will beat most other players. When you essentially give buffs to these classes, even the hard-to-master ones, it should be clear a good player will be able to abuse them. Which is actually my whole point, that players probably left before more came because they knew some classes were to Op. Or maybe players just left because the event is utterly boring and gives out 20 extra skill points, which let certain classes cap some skills they shouldn't.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

No, you made a ridiculous statement/argument and were called out it.
Either you're exaggerating due to your infatuation:) or those players sucked ass to the point any competent fool could easily steamroll them without effort.

Sbds are EZ mode. There is no mastering them. All you need is aim. No worries about being knocked down. It's laughably easily to get a great k/d if you just camp and shoot with a modicum of precision. If anything, players that camp out the first 4 mins of a round only to reap the benefits off the backs of their fallen teammates are trash.:) It's hardly impressive.

And lastly, there's a difference between being good at a class and it's inborn advantages.
Now if every gunner class had resistance to push like sbds, their dmg reduction, no head shot multipliers, etc. what do you think would happen:)

Last edited:
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

No, you made a ridiculous statement/argument and were called out it.
Either you're exaggerating due to your infatuation:) or those players sucked ass to the point any competent fool could easily steamroll them without effort.

Sbds are EZ mode. There is no mastering them. All you need is aim. No worries about being knocked down. It's laughably easily to get a great k/d if you just camp and shoot with a modicum of precision. If anything, players that camp out the first 4 mins of a round only to reap the benefits off the backs of their fallen teammates are trash.:) It's hardly impressive.

And lastly, there's a difference between being good at a class and it's inborn advantages.
Now if every gunner class had resistance to push like sbds, their dmg reduction, no head shot multipliers, etc. what do you think would happen:)

Essentially this whole argument was just me providing a theory to a question, and you guys providing no facts, yet just denying it. I am also finding it very funny how you talk a lot about the game, yet I hardly see you in it. Unless of course you just stick to one server, which makes sense.

Cat Lady

I would rather suspect him on playing under fake nicks, if anything ;) Well, your argument isn't entirely fair too (I think I've provided quite a few things that even half-cognitive player could come up with).

Anyway, it is heading into very off-topic'y direction, and the event ended anyway... So either back on track, or it's going to get closed sooner than soldier lvl 1 dies to 100 points deka ;)

I would rather suspect him on playing under fake nicks, if anything ;) Well, your argument isn't entirely fair too (I think I've provided quite a few things that even half-cognitive player could come up with).

Anyway, it is heading into very off-topic'y direction, and the event ended anyway... So either back on track, or it's going to get closed sooner than soldier lvl 1 dies to 100 points deka ;)
You are right, my arguments could be better, as they can always be, and this is way off-topic, so I will resume back to on-topic stuff.

Eh, is the PP Event even still going on?
Eh, he called me out man. I'm never one to shy away:)

@ Dante or Durante, whatever.
I have only ever seen you on the fa server. Maybe that's why you have a warped view of class balance:)
Even right now, that is where you are lol. So, the pp event, fa, do you even play open? I can see why you might be confused if your experience is that limited. Judging skill or what is and isn't op when you mostly just play skewed/unbalanced scenarios, I guess I can understand why you might come to faulty conclusions:)

Nothing wrong with playing fa to relax and lulz around, but it's not the best way to hone skills or gauge balance :)
Some classes are horrible, the descriptions faulty and most of the passive mechanics are altered so some have more dmg redux, more force regen, ap/bp drain multipliers, etc. Most of the time you're not quite sure what you're facing, who has what, etc.

Which reminds me. Jt is still shit. Too much hinges on certain classes so when bad players, skill or teamwise, monopolize certain classes...it really turns to shit.
Can we get the previous version back up? The combo of the current default and the classic version. One level, smaller than classic, larger than current, had balcony and hangar spawn intact. Tom gutted it and the current version just sucks. It's even more mind-numbing than dotf to me at this point. I swear this was his revenge. He knew I loved the hangar and then he briefly came back to kill jit:)

Also,

ajacCrL.jpg

WxpuQCw

63y78Y7.jpg

TExR3H5.jpg

kEzGsMd.jpg

Jt fucking sucks if you don't have a good anakin or team teamness. :(

jijYzI3.jpg

Here's one of your AIs, never can seem to find much of them whenever I'm on these days. You're right. Top of the board. Lulz.

C2J8gZS.jpg

5GD32EO.jpg

50QU4Vf.jpg

wctDtw8.jpg

IrnYm8Q.jpg

W1p47r0.jpg

vLVRDXZ.jpg

k0SSnNo.jpg

KYQ3goa.jpg

That's just some of the last week. Cat Lady guessed right.

Each day I pick a new name. Sometimes I'll play open. Sometimes fa. Sometimes even duel. Sometimes even go trolling some europeens. Not lately but alas, time is the enemy. So, uhhhhhhhhh, kiss my ass? Strange this is, you don't exist prior to these last few weeks:) And considering I play FA 15 to 20% of my gametime a week...you're not in any open game I've seen...And if you haven't guessed, I'm religious when taking ss. Keep track of my kills and in-game aliases. 9 gig and counting. But that's only 5 years worth. I figured it'd be crazy if I didn't delete some of them. Ahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahaha.

Back on topic:

Tbh, this isn't pp. The way it was played originally was low starting points, 6 to 7. This is more like starting from the middle and basically skating passed the best part of what made pp, pp. The beginning few rounds. Basically it was pistol 1 duels, lev 1 e-11 or clone rifle vs some dodgy jedi with no def and the occasional deka.

This is a conflation of the two extremes, pp and the full point server that Mich or whatever hosted.

Doing both is just kooky.:) Now off to work I go.

/End Thread.

Last edited:
I used to play open a lot, but got bored of it. I usually just play FA for the wacky maps and classes that are not in open.

Cat Lady

Funny, i see it exactly other way around - you can play Open for the lulz, but FA is the real thing - including for honing skills (you must make up with what you have, instead of sticking to one or two favorite combinations for each team one and over).

Oh well, everyone to their own ;)

Depends on the fa and how the classes are balanced.
Some are simply atrocious. Others cookiee cutter combos and counters. Some have a good mix.

What annoys me are the faulty descriptions.
Or the ones so vague you can play it twenty times and still be saying wut.

Tbh, Pb is the only Fa that ever kept my attention more than open. If you want to *hone* your skills. What better place?:)

Flea vs Ruptor!
Wulk vs generic sith.
Sbd Thermorocket vs jp armageddon arc.

Best classes ever.

MDkuAU1.jpg

honEK7M.jpg

I killed that clown so many times. Rip Srs.

7vx5Djx.jpg

RevG1ig.jpg

7mUzpen.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.