Movie Battles II Lite

Neb

Hi everyone!

It might be a bad idea, but what do you think if MBII would only include the "mb2_(insert map name here)" type of maps, or maybe only the Star Wars themed ones by default?
I can see why it's fun to play on other maps and Power Battles, but when I try to remove for example the Movie Map Pack from the MBII folder, the launcher tells me to update the files. I know, there's always the option to not play on those particular maps and modes, that's what I usually do, but assuming the update will increase the size of the base mod, in the end we can easily find ourselves installing a 10gb to only play like 4 maps out of 40. Of course, it'd be awesome, if there would be separate downloads for the Movie Map Pack, Power Battles, CMP, UM and any other kind of maps. I know, 10gb might not seem too much but living with a relatively small SSD is sometimes can be hard.

Sorry if my question/idea/whatever triggers someone, I'm genuinely curious, why is nearly everything included in the base install. I guess it's partly to have active servers on every kind of maps and mods, but if someone was to install a multiplayer conversion mod for Jedi Academy, I guess copying another two files for a fun match wouldn't be a big deal.

Hope you have a nice day!

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
There used to be a so-called 'basic installation' option, as well as 'full installation', that included only mb2_ maps, without uMad and cmp_, but then developers decided to ditch it for some reason :/

"HDD space is cheap and has been for years." (c)

Last edited:

Neb

There used to be a so-called 'basic installation' option, as well as 'full installation', that included only mb2_ maps, without uMad and cmp_, but then developers decided to ditch it for some reason :/

That's good t know.
I hope, it'll be a feature in the future.